Author Topic: Lista VS Fielding? Advice Please?  (Read 5118 times)

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
  • The second mice gets the cheese!
Hi I am new to the site, and thanks, I find it very useful! :D

From what I see on the site, I have no doubts that I have gyne, and I can loose about 10-15 pounds. I am 30 years old, and have suffered this infliction for about 12 years now! :-[

Well its time to get rid of this curse, which has caused me to miss many a pool party!

My question is: if I can afford DR Lista; is his PAL Lipo suction method, which causes no scaring on the nipple, worth the money ($5000 :o), when compared DR Fielding at $1200 :)?

I hear good things about both, am I am very concerned about being discrete.  ???

To all the people who have used either of these doctors, or have researched them. Please share your opinion with me.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:42:28 PM by fishy »

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
I've had surgery with Fielding, can't tell you if I achieved the desired results yet since I'm still healing up.
Based on from what I've heard though, Lista charges $5000 because he performs the surgery at his clinic instead of a hospital, so you're paying the charges OHIP would normally cover with Fielding.
As for the Lipo, you don't get scars from that with Fielding. It's actually a small incision that doesn't even require stiches and heals up fast. What you'd have to worry about is the scar around the nipple where he takes out the breast gland. I'm almost three weeks post-op and the scars are still very noticeable.
Hope this was help. Good luck.

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
Do you get a scar from the Dr Fielding method?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:40:26 PM by fishy »

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I had a consult with Fielding and booked my surgery with him for January.  He said that the incision he makes around the nipple is heals very well and blends in with the rest of it once fully healed, but you can probably see the scar if you were looking very close.  And the one on the side of the chest heals really well too, but I think those who've had the surgery with Fielding or Lista and have been post-op for a while, would be the best one's to tell you how things healed.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Dude i would go with the fielding, 1200-5000 = 3800 in savings.

3800 = New t.v/Gym pass/Car upgrades/home system/new computer, alot of dates i.e Sex and maybe a dog ?

i dunno its all opportunity cost

lista = same effect but none of the above.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
I went with Lista and highly recommend him if you can afford it.

Advantages: much lower wait time (had my surgery within 2 weeks of initial consultation)... surgery in private clinic (much more comfortable environment, compared to a big hospital).. and his PAL method leads to less trauma and quicker recovery time.

Offline anonguy

• Bronze Member

I think I can clear it up for you.  I had consultations with both Fielding and Lista.  In my eyes it came down to this.....

If you have large puffy aereolas then you want to go with Fielding.  Lista's procedure does not address the puffy nipples and Fielding does.

If you just need fat removed then go with Lista, unless of course you just can't afford him.

Fielding does leave small scars, they are hidden in the nipple but you can see them if you look closely.

I went with Fielding and was very happy with the results.  I had severe gyne though and my expectations were not for a perfect chest.  My chest is totally flat but he did remove slightly too much on my left side so I do have a small indent.  However it is far better than what I looked like before, i'll take that over breasts any day.

Hope this helps.

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
Thanks anonguy.

Your information was very helpful.

I have consults booked with both, and was unsure.

IMO.. the worst part of my condition is the large puffy nipple. I feel very self-conscious in a T-shirt because of this!

How long ago did you have your op? How indented is your nipple?

Offline anonguy

• Bronze Member

I had the Operation back in early October 2004, so i'ts almost a year now.  The indent is small, you would never notice if I wore a t shirt.  However it is noticeable with my shirt off.  It's really hard to say without me posting pictures.

I have not posted pictures yet, although i've been planning too for a while.  I'll get them up eventually.  In my initial consultation afterwards a month or two later I did voice my concern and he attributed it to the skin sticking to the muscle, I had my doubts then and in fact I was right.

For me the final result was there within a week or two after surgery.  It hasn't changed since.  I understand that  is unusual.   That said though, overall I am very happy.  I no longer have to worry about my nips sticking out all the time.  So although I don't look perfect with my shirt off, with a tight shirt on I look great.  I no longer embarassed or have to worry about what to wear now.

my stats...
195lbs
6'1''
900cc of stuff removed
I was told that he removed the gland removed from each side was half the size of an apple.

Offline darren0523

First of all puffiness is caused by excess breast tissue , once removed the puffiness of the nipple would subside.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Had the surgery with Fielding last month, 6 weeks post-op and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am 4 days shy of 1 year post-op. Had surgery by Dr. Fielding and am very happy with the results. Both the peri-areola and lipo scars are barely noticeable  :D. Check out my pics. I have some areola close-ups that show the nicely healed incisions.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You're very lucky Grandpa Bambu... but just to warn everyone, not everyone heals as good as you do.  People need to take a look at previous wounds to their bodies and how they healed.  Darker skinned people especially have a much greater tendency to form hypertrophic or hyperpigmented scars then white people.

nargle...

You're 100% right there Sire! Everyone heals differently, and at different rates.

All surgeries have certain risks and nobody can determine the final results until achived. We cannot predict the future!  ;)

Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery is a 'fix' not not a 'cure'!

John.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:16:35 PM by Bambu »

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
I just want everyone to know that Fielding is superb doctor.  It doesn't matter which doctor you choose or what's your final outcome, the only different is that you no longer have constantly worry about this kind of stuff... I happy with my result, about 75%, but the biggest fact for me is that I no longer have to think of this on constant basis.
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i'll vouch for fielding

it's been about a year for me

good:
healed quick
pain was gone very quickly

not so good:
left nipple incision doesn't blend in that well and he
might have taken a little too much out, but i'm not complaining, it's very minimal

best thing i ever did, and i'm still so thankful i found this board

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024