Author Topic: Surgery with Levick  (Read 7230 times)

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
The best bit! 

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Cheers mate. Breakfast looks ace!  How is the binder kept tight with compression with those cooling pads underneath it?

K201

I'm not sure it fluid can build up at any stage ?
Does anybody know the answer to this ? Or is it normally just likely to happen in the frist week ?

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
Cheers mate. Breakfast looks ace!  How is the binder kept tight with compression with those cooling pads underneath it?

The binder just wraps around you and the Velcro holds it in place. Don't worry too much about fluid mate, from what I've read on the forum, it's not that common.
Every case is different and we all have our own way of healing :)

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
From my experience, make sure the binder is tightly wrapped with the cooling pads after surgery. 

K201

So that's me a week now since the op and all the bruising has went away , 
I still feel a bit tender and I have about 80% movement back ,
I took the binder off last night and now I'm just wearing the macom vest day and night .
I'm so glad I got this procedure done , i don't think I would have done it if I never found this website .
So it's a massive thanks to everyone one here who took the time to post about their experience . 
I'm glad I went with DR Levick as he couldn't be more helpful , always very quick to reply to any emails I've sent him . 

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
You are a week in front of me mate. I will be happy with 80% movement after a week, you must be healing well. Binder is a nightmare only another 5 days to go!!

K201

3 weeks post surgery now and all is looking good !
Wish I done this years ago .
Dr Levick has been excellent with the advice and always quick to reply !

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Yer wish i'd done it years ago too. I'm 12 days post op now, yellow bruising is slowly subsiding usual lumps n bumps across chest which i hope will even out in the coming months. Fortunately no fluid issues as yet. Did you find out how long post op fluid can develop? Is it just the first week or two?

K201

Yeah I have the lumps and bumps to . These will go away so don't worry .

I had fluid build up on my right side but it has almost all went away now , Levick 
Told me not to worry .

I'm still a bit swollen above where the binder has been sitting though .

Have you been in contact with Dr Levick much since the op ?

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Yes i sent him a few pics at 8days, i had some big creasing under both nipples i think due to the binder he said dont worry creasing is normal and will go away. I too am swollen where top of the binder sits. Have you ditched the binder yet? I am pleased your fluid has gone fingers crossed it doesn't return. My right aerola seems to be bogger than my left? That is my biggest worry at the moment. Any ideas? Its too true what they say! One hell of a rollercoaster ride and we'v only just started!!!

K201

I'm not sure mate , it will probably sort it's self out .
Yeah I've ditched the binder during the day but still wear it at night . 
I hate wearing it ! 
I want to go back to the gym but still feel to sore . 
How is your incisions looking ? Mine are almost completely healed up , 

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
I'm almost 8 weeks post op, healing well but it's a long road. Over the weekend I noticed my left nipple had started to come back out, prior to that it's been completely sunken, the crease in that side also looks a lot better.
My right side still has a few creases and still causes me a fair bit of discomfort with certain movements. I'm massaging every day with bio oil and it seems to help soften things up. If I lift both arms up I can still feel the hard lines under the skin going from the entry point under the arms to each nipple. I'm guessing this gets better with time :) 

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
K201 my incision are healing well and are hidden in a natural crease. I'd stay off the gym for 6 wks at least mate i know its hard but you could do damage. I am just wearing vest 24/7 and i hate wearing that as much as i did the binder! I am also very sore at the sides of the chest. Charlie i guess your hard bit are scar tissue, i would just keep massaging the area. When did you start massage? And are you still compressing??

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Seems like this is the only active thread on the forum now so I'll join in..lol.
I'm 4 weeks post op and my creases are deminishing too, the incisions on my nipples are almost not visible, my nipples feel sort of 'empty' now compared to filled with gland before so that's good. What do you guys think about vest not being tight anymore? I need to wear it 6 weeks in total and the last 2 won't be very snug/tight anymore..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024