Author Topic: late 20s normal?  (Read 2364 times)

steven618

Im in my late 20s and about 5 years ago i had slight developmentof gynecomastia and like many freaked out. It wasnt bad enough to dump 6k but now as years gone by it is growing more. I am 29 and am approaching what id call a firm a cup. They have developed to a point of jiggling and volume and shape as a fair female set of breasts. I am on no meds and take no workout supps or special herbs. Im befuddled as to what is causing growth. I workout daily and eat clean and am not overweight so i dont blame fat or bad foods. Is this out of the norm? I know most gyne is idiopathic but looking for some kinda answer

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is not usual for gyne to begin in one's mid 20's.  Absent the usual suspects (side effects of meds, taking supplements, etc), it would behoove you to check this out with an endocrinologist.  Many times there may be a clue once the workup is completed.  And once in a while, we doctors simply cannot provide a definitive answer.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

steven618

i understand endocrinologists are usually pretty busy people and it takes weeks to a month or so to see one, any understanding as to why it is happening? it began in 2010 and stopped after what i would call one growth spurt (lot of itchiness an pain and suddenly i realized things were wrong) but it stopped after that before it became noticable, and last year it happened again but i think it was more fat cause it subsided after i began getting in to cardio more. But now i can definitely see the tissue wrapping out and around and the soreness and such people talk about is going on...just curious as to if it started in my early twenties and has just been gradual or if there is something to trigger it...my concern is i got a girlfriend and scared if they keep growing she'll leave, i know she wont we've talked about it, but hers are shrinking while shes losing weight and mine are growing and im just worried

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024