Author Topic: Unevenness Post-op?  (Read 2102 times)

Offline noobtube

Hey everyone, 

I had bilateral gland excision and liposuction done with Dr. Fielding. It has been 3 weeks since my surgery (still early in the healing process), and it seems to me like there is more fat (or swelling?) on my left side than my right, especially when comparing the areas near the armpit. Has anyone else experienced anything like this post-op? When I flex, I can see and feel what seems to be excess fat on my left compared to my right. My right side looks flatter and is better defined than my left. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Hi. I have exactly the same problem, when i tense up there seems to be more fat on the left upper chest. I'm just over 5wks post op. I am desparately hoping its swelling and will settle down in the next month or so. Otherwise i'll be absolutely gutted. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I live far from you in Southern California.  
As a person who had an artist for a Mother, I grew up looking for distinguishing characteristics that most people did not even notice,  
My wife is a person you would not see anything odd about but her right eye is smaller and lower than her left eye. 
I actually look pretty normal, but if you actually measure, My left ear is slightly larger and further forward on my head than my right ear.
Take careful note of people when they are standing straight on both legs. you will notice that their hips are at slightly different heights because one leg is usually a bit longer than the other.
The breasts are like that too.  Perfect symmetry is rare.  He simply made you look normal.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Beaupreguy

• Posting Member
Hello there,
I am 5 weeks post op and have the same as you... My left breast is looking terrible... Swollen on top of the nipple,almost bigger than before the surgery. My surgeon says it will get better with time. Kind of desperate here... Your not alone... 
Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024