Author Topic: Left nipple looks different to the right.  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Slamberton1

• Posting Member
I'm 10 days post op and I was just wondering if there's any chance that one nipple can speed ahead of the other in healing. My right side looks great to me so far but the left looks very weird to me. Even though its only been 10 days I'm pleasantly surprised with the speed that I have recovered so I was just wondering if one side could recover quicker than the other. I will happily post pictures if asked. Any answers will do, thanks guys.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many different things are possible. The most likely thing to be happening is that the situation is "Normal".
The truth is that absolute symmetry is very rare in nature.  The more common situation is for some difference to exist. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
This early in the healing process it's not unusual to have some asymmetry.  It could be more swelling on one side than the other.  You could have had some nipple asymmetry that went undetected before the surgery.  
Be sure to address it with your surgeon at your follow up visit if it persists.  But try not to worry this early in the game.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Slamberton1

• Posting Member
I just saw that I posted this on someone else's post as well by accident. Thank you for your answer Dr. Pope and Paa_Paw.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024