Author Topic: Karadis consultation end of march  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
Post-op with ice packs in place.

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
Post-op chest (with badly photoshopped arm tattoo!)

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Hey ! Looks amazing , how was the whole expirence ? How long is the wait between checking in and being put under the general I want to just come in and get on with it  lol ?

How does t feel to be free finally ? Got any pics of the compression vest ?

Offline Fastjohnrs

Hey looks great, I'm going to book my consultation next week, was there any bmi restrictions atal? Reason for asking is I'm 6ft and 17 stone which is about 3.5 stone over weight. Regards John

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Couldn't tell you with regard to karadis but I sore a Nuffield plastic surgeon about 5 years ago and to be honest I wasn't hugely over weight not enough to concern my self image anyway which is the most important thing !!!! And he "advised" weight loss but then again he wasn't one of the best in the business !!!

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
@ a89dlp

The experience as a whole was extremely liberating and it feels like a massive weight has been lifted already. It has only been 4 days since the op but I am very pleased with the results so far. I just cannot wait to get through the first 4-6 weeks so that I can lose the compression vest and have a proper look at my new shape. Very exciting stuff, but I think patience is the key moving forward. The pain has been mild and manageable and I didn't have to take the pain killers after the first 24 hrs which was good as they can clog up the old back door if you take them for a longer period. Instead of pain, I'd say I was just uncomfortable, but with the odd mild shooting pain, for the first few days, mainly due to the compression vest, which is tight as hell! Moving around is a struggle at first, not just because of how tight the vest is, but because of how tight and sensitive your chest will feel. You'll definitely need to wear open fronted shirts / hoodies as you won't be able to lift your arms up over your head, and you will also need someone to help you get your compression vest / tops on & off at first. I am only just starting to get a little more free movement back now  but still need help getting my tops on. Sleeping is limited to laying slightly elevated on your back, which might be a problem if you don't normally sleep like that. I've been surprisingly ok in that area, which is a relief as sleep is vital.

In terms of waiting times between arriving and going into theatre, I'd say it was around 1-1.5 hours. I arrived a little before 8:30am and went down to theatre a little after 9:45am. The anaesthetic was fine and I didn't feel sick afterwards, which was a relief. Essentially, you lay on the bed, they put a cannula in your arm within a few minutes, the anaesthetist comes in and talks to you about the anaesthetic for a few more mins, then you lay back, they tell you that they are injecting something that will make you feel at little drunk at first and then next thing you know, you are waking up in recovery. I woke up in recovery around 11:15am ish I believe. Within 30 mins, they had taken me back up to my room.

I wasn't in any pain afterwards and I had the ice packs on my chest so I couldn't see my chest at first. The nurses were absolutely lovely and the food was fantastic! I had a club sandwich which I'd have been pleased with in any pub! That's the beauty of paying for private hospitals I guess. I was discharged around 4pm, left the hospital on my own with my compression vest under my hoodie, and got an Uber back home. I was fine in the cab, but I did start to feel a little dizzy / sick at one point, although this might have been down to the fact that the driver decided to use the back roads, which must have included hurtling over 50 speed bumps en-route! Not what you need after gyne surgery! Anyway, all-in-all I'm feeling really positive right now and hopefully things will keep getting better & better over the coming days / weeks. Taking the plunge already feels like one of the best decisions I have ever made. It's such a relief to finally be approaching the next chapter of my life gyne free! Amazing! Compression vest pics attached.

@ Fastjohnrs

One piece of advice I was given on here prior to my consultation, and something that Dr. Karidis confirmed at my consultation, is that for the best results, you should aim to be as close to your optimal body weight as possible before undergoing surgery. They advise within 10% of your optimal weight. Dr. Karidis also said that being slimmer and in better shape helps with achieving good results. I think you would be wise to diet and hit the gym for 2-3 months beforehand and be as disciplined as possible throughout that time. That way, you would have done everything you can to give yourself the best chances of achieving good results. Good luck!

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
Back shot with compression vest.

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Bloody hell looks tight ! How's things going with the recovery ?

Less than 3 weeks literally can't wait !!!!

A quick quick question did you have a lot of fluid leak from the wounds ?

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
Sorry for the late reply @a89dlp, I've been very busy!

Yeah, the compression vest is tight, but you get used to it after a while. Recovery going well and I am pleased with the results so far, but my chest is clearly quite a way off the end result it seems. Scar tissue kicked in after the second week and that is pretty mad stuff! It's hard, tight and tender and creates a really lumpy surface with various ridges and craters in places. This is most noticeable when I lift my arms up or when I tense my chest up. Massaging 5-10 mins in the morning and the same in the evening using Arnika oil at first and now I have moved on to Bio Oil. It helps to soften the scar tissue but it's still there. I think massage & good patience is the key to getting rid of it!

No leakage from my wounds whatsoever beyond the first day and even then it was only minor. You can't even see the wounds under my arms now and the ones on my nipples are only noticeable because they are slightly sucked in, which is apparently normal. They pop out eventually I am told. Here are two pics taken on Day 16 post-op.
Good luck with the op! I'm sure it will be the best thing you ever do!

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Looks amazing well done ! How has life changed ? I am going in next Thursday literally can't wait one more day of wearing black
Shirts to work ! I will bin them straight away and get a new wardrobe   :)

So the scar tissue this is the one thing I am a little less informed on so if you could help would be great !

It doesn't appear as gyno ?
It's basically like scar tissue ?

I mean to me I'm willing to have him scar me to shreds as long as the puffiness goes !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024