Author Topic: Do I have Gyno? Your thoughts? (Pics)  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Wangchung

Hello to the Community,
Thanks for the support and I hope you can help me with my problem. I am a 32 year old Male, I lost a considerable amount of weight when I was about 16 years old (100 LBS). This weight loss was rapid, and has left me with excess skin, stretch marks and a warped sense of body image.
I am currently active duty Military and have already spoken to my docs about a consultation with a doctor and possible surgeon. I live a healthy life and generally believe in hard work and results in the Gym. Unfortunately, I am reaching a plateau in my gym routine and now at 32, I feel I need to find an alternative method to fixing the excess squishy on my chest. I have tried all the chest workouts you can think of, Test, Diet, Fasting, Cleanse, this problem remains.
As you can see from my pictures, I'm not overweight but I don't have zero body fat either. The Fat on my chest appears to be unproportioned to the rest of my body.
Ultimately, I am leaning towards surgery as I have done so much work in the Gym and the results are just not showing. I do think that I might have a combination of Gyno, excess or stubborn fat and saggy skin in the area that may contribute to the problem.
I'm open to any thoughts, suggestions, remedies or referrals that might help me eliminate my problem. Thank you!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are in great shape -- a terrific 6 pack is clear evidence of that.  Yet your chest still has stubborn tissue (most likely breast tissue since most of your fat has diminished).  But you are also lax and droopy, with the nipples positioned too low on your chest.  There is only one way to improve this and that would require surgery.

Since you are in the military, it is possible that you might be able to have the surgery done by one of their surgeons.  Make sure it is a plastic surgeon -- not a general surgeon.  

Best of luck and thanks for your service to our country.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Wangchung

Dr. Jacobs,
Thank you for your observations and feedback, it is very appreciated. I am currently waiting to discuss this with a military surgeon. I will definitely make sure I get referred to a plastic surgeon.

I am prepared to pay for this myself, whatever the cost at this point.
A big concern I have with the military is the individual surgeon's willingness to correct what they define as superficial corrections i.e. loose skin, lifting etc... I am also curious to see if they try to push alternative methods to surgery before they comit to the procedure.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 07:10:48 AM by Wangchung »

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
At this time only surgery will fix your problem. You are already in great shape with low body fat. Jelous of your 6 pack. I have been working my butt off for it and its been slow goings.

Offline Wangchung

Thanks man, I struggled for years figuring out my routine. Got some great tips from a body building website and serious change in eating habits. I'll post my results when I finally get the procedure.

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Thanks man, I struggled for years figuring out my routine. Got some great tips from a body building website and serious change in eating habits. I'll post my results when I finally get the procedure.

Please do. You will look fantastic once the surgery is done. I seriously changed my diet as well and workout 6x a week. It is a lot harder to get than I thought! I will get it one day though :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024