Author Topic: Thoughts on starting bras  (Read 4973 times)

Offline CrewdsX

• Posting Member
Then as I drove past a sports goods shop, I swung in on a whim and bought a sports bra. It has built-in liners/protective padding that's removable.  Fits nicely - and if I wanted to look bigger, I could put in the pads - and my small-breasted Asian daughter would be even more envious.

Glad you found a bra that you can wear. How's the comfort tho?

So far, it's pretty comfortable - a bit confining, but supportive enough for my level of activities.  So far, it's controlled the annoying bounce from walking up and down stairs. I suspect that a regular bra would feel less restrictive - like the bras I tried on at the fitting yesterday, but that's an experiment for another day.  May need a conversation with my wife about why I want more than one style of bra.  I can always point to her lingerie drawer....

Yeah you need different styles of bra. Sports bra are comfortable but it can be uncomfortable for a while because it feels tight and hot. You should try a regular bras and its really comfortable!

Offline dr.moe

• Bronze Member

Yeah you need different styles of bra. Sports bra are comfortable but it can be uncomfortable for a while because it feels tight and hot. You should try a regular bras and its really comfortable!

So I'm thinking that I give her a website to list for birthday presents including a padded girdle to shape my buns, a corset, fancy bra, and silk stockings - and when her jaw hits the floor and she starts to argue, I'll tell her "okay, I'll settle for a bra that fits to control my gyno"  :)

Offline CrewdsX

• Posting Member

So I'm thinking that I give her a website to list for birthday presents including a padded girdle to shape my buns, a corset, fancy bra, and silk stockings - and when her jaw hits the floor and she starts to argue, I'll tell her "okay, I'll settle for a bra that fits to control my gyno"  :)

I think you need to tell her that you need to wear a bra to control your gyno and stops from bouncing, that might work.

Offline dr.moe

• Bronze Member

So I'm thinking that I give her a website to list for birthday presents including a padded girdle to shape my buns, a corset, fancy bra, and silk stockings - and when her jaw hits the floor and she starts to argue, I'll tell her "okay, I'll settle for a bra that fits to control my gyno"  :)

I think you need to tell her that you need to wear a bra to control your gyno and stops from bouncing, that might work.

The post you cite was intended as a joke.  Or to quote that great Saturday morning Warner Brothers philosopher Foghorn Leghorn, "That's a joke, ah say, that's a joke, son." My real plan is to discuss it primarily as a means to control the bounce. If there is a secondary benefit of smoothing them so they're less obvious, that's okay.

The other day, I was teleworking from home - necessary since the flooding of Harvey - and I wore my new sports bra for several hours. While it eventually got hot and a little constraining, it wasn't at all obtrusive, and in my many trips up and down the stairs, the bounce was significantly less. Also, my back and shoulders were less stiff.  However, when my wife was coming home, I took it off, and within an hour, I had increasing pain in my upper back - not debilitating, but evident, and bounce when using the stairs.  Plus I've got an opinion from the doc in the short consult after my mammogram that a bra would be helpful.  So I'm ready for the discussion at an opportune time.

aboywithgirls

I think that once you start wearing fulltime, you'll probably stay wearing a bra fulltime. I've been wearing a bra fulltime since I was 14, almost 30 years ago. Like I said in a 36H now. I couldn't imagine going braless. I have to say also that most of my bras would be considered girly but, I wear what fits. I have found that Fantasie bras work well for broader chests. It also looks like from your pictures, that you have developed some hips, thighs and a rounded tush. Maybe check out vanity fair briefs as well. Just speaking from experience. Good luck.

Offline Busty

I agree you should be wearing a bra.  You need the support.  Hopefully your wife will agree that you deserve good breast health, too.

Offline dr.moe

• Bronze Member
Wife and daughter were off doing final-week high-school drama production stuff all day - and will be every day for the next week. Meanwhile, I have to work on flood cleanup and tear-out.

Today, I put on my sports bra before I started working. Talk about a difference!  First, my shirt wasn't trying to sandpaper off my nipples. Second, there is a very thin pad insert in the bra, and it kept stuff from being all pokey sore as I carried debris.  Third, there was no bounce, and my back and shoulders were much happier.  I got done more than I had been able to before, since before, my left shoulder that had a recent (14 weeks ago) rotator cuff repair and my upper back would get extremely sore.  Today that was much reduced.  I'm more than ready to get something besides the sports bra so it's not quite as compressing.  The place I got a fitting highly recommended the Anita brand.  Going to order one tomorrow since I can't find them in-stock locally.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
dr. moe, you just ticked off most of the reasons I started wearing a bra every day all day, but I have one you didn't mention - my seatbelt no longer tries to remove my left titty when I drive!!! With a bra on the seatbelt settles nicely right between them and stays put. I hope you find bras that fit you well and that you like. A good bra makes all the difference in comfort.
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]"First, my shirt wasn't trying to sandpaper off my nipples. Second, there is a very thin pad insert in the bra, and it kept stuff from being all pokey sore as I carried debris.  Third, there was no bounce..."[/font][/color]

Offline Busty

I am glad the sports bras are working for you as you work, but you will also want everyday bras for every day.  There are so many wonderful choices to fit your activity, clothing, and even mood.  I am betting you soon will have an extensive and beautiful collection, and putting on a bra as you get dressed, will become second nature, with the big issue being which of my bras do I wish to wear today.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Dr. Moe I agree with you about deciding what type of bra you want to wear.  Your wife is probably like mine and has a large stock pile of the bras she likes so why can't you.  I like leisure bras at night a sleep in them most of the time.  I also like lace underwire bras in the summer and padded bras in the winter.  What you wear should be up to you not her.  You do not tell her what she can wear so the reverse should be true too.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024