Author Topic: Operation with Mr Vijh on the 18/06/2018  (Read 15699 times)

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
The checkup is just a wound check which you can do at GP if you live far away. At least thats whst Mr Vijh explained to me. 

I saw myself but not in mirror. Will save that till this vest comes off after 2 weeks and move to the ES compression vest. 
Thats good. Not sure why they haven't said same to me yet. Assume i will also be discharged and given drugs. Still in my gown. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
I didn't sleep so I was up and dressed around 08:30. Felt really bad when getting out of bed.

The nurse has given me:

Antiobotics, morphine, codeine, paracetamol and senna. 7 days worth.

Im now waiting on discharge paperwork to sign plus some tape and dressing for armpits.

I live around 1.5hrs away so may go to my local GP. Ill ask the nurse when she comes back.

Id suggest taking a photo soon as I believe this vest adds lines/grooves to the chest. I wanted to see the outcome before more marking. Just an idea. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Paperwork recieved. Im now going to my local GP for them to check the stitches. Its a long journey to come here just for that.

Safe journey home. Look forward to seeing your photos. 

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
Putting on a t shirt was also a nightmare. Waiting on my paperwork now. 

All the best with your recovery mate. Hopefully we both end up with smashing results. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Thanks, same to you. I struggled with a short sleeve button shirt and gym shorts. Not a chance id try a t-shirt.

Ill now logoff until I change from this horrible stomach vest to my conpression top.

Look forward to reading your post

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Question:-

I'm confused how the supplied core band is better than an upper body compression vest for the chest... The ES website states post OP. Do people stick to Mr Vijh core band or do people ignore and wear their own post OP vest?

Thanks

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
I stuck with the one provided by the hospital for the first week. Although uncomfortable I did find it gave better compression and I was able to put it around my chest tighter than the vest I have now from es shop. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Thanks. Im finding it hard on how to tell how tight to do it. I found the nurse did it too tight

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
I was planning to keep the hospital one on for at least a week. Mr Vijh recommended not taking it off at all for the first 48 hours. It doesn't feel that tight but is semi snug/doesn't move about. I am debating wearing both during second week. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Oops, I've had mine off a few times for a few minutes at a time. I won't be wearing mine next week, looking forward to the compression top. I tried my compression top on prior the op and it felt really snug all over. My incisions are sore and so is the top of my stomach where I had lipo.

How are you doing?

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
Incisions not too bad but crazy amounts of pain at top of stomach / lower ribs from the lipo. Fairly sure it is bruised all over. Sticking with the painkiller regimen for now. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
I'll be taking the drugs tonight. Took minimal today as I felt sick. Sounds like we had the same procedure. Took a photo earlier, I have bruising all over. It seems my wrinkle has gone from my left nipple which is good. Nipples slightly wonky but they were before and Mr Vijh said there's nothing that he could do about that prior. Nipple size seems a lot smaller now and chest size has halved in size, much flatter but not totally.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Slept around 7.5hrs which was good. I've been taking all the drugs less codeine. Not taking codeine is just a personnel preference and if required I will take it. It feels like I've been punched in the stomach 100 times by Mike Tyson, this must be due to the lipo. It's difficult moving in bed due to this plus the incisions under each arm.   

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Before and day 3 of recovery pics

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Day 4 recovery - 96hrs post OP.

First cold shower.

Decided to start wearing the ES compression top. It seems to do the same job as the annoying belt. Bit long in the body but I am short.

Core not as painful today but still painful to get out of bed. It seems I now need lipo on my lower stomach :-).

Bruising slowly going on my chest and core.

Weird sensation in nipples now and again. Still swollen near the incisions.

All in all everything seems to be ok.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024