Author Topic: Surgery with dr. fielding  (Read 2841 times)

Offline raymxnicy

• Posting Member
Hey guys I just had surgery today with dr. craig fielding from toronto. The surgery cost $1100 and was done under local anesthesia. The surgery was completely pain free and even the freezing injections (which I thought would hurt) were not painful at all. The lipo part was also not painful. It actually felt kinda funny to me and I almost ended up laughing lol. After the surgery I was put on a vest which I was told to wear for a couple of weeks and prescription for pain meds. Fast track several hours later and I'm still feeling pretty good. I took 2 tylenol pills just incase but I could've been okay without them. As far as the pain after the surgery I would say I had no pain. just general feeling of soreness in and around the chest area. Im really looking forward to tomorrow and the coming weeks ahead to see how I heal. I think dr. fielding did a good job as the surgery went smooth he said and I will be seeing him next week to ensure everything is healing well and all. If you guys are interested I can post some before and after pics soon when I take the bandages off sometime next week 

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Only $CAD 1100? That's pretty cheap is it lipo and excision? Please update us when you have photos.

Offline raymxnicy

• Posting Member
Yeah I got both lipo and exicsion. Will do next week.

Offline melatonin7

Yeah I got both lipo and exicsion. Will do next week.

Any updates?

Offline raymxnicy

• Posting Member
Hey I'm about 2 months post op and I'm not satisfied with the results. After about a week after taking the vest off I noticed the left side still protruded and the nipple was still puffy. Not as bad as before but still quite noticeable. The right side was alot better and I'm almost happy with it because the nipple feels and looks alot flatter and the contour looks much better than the left. Its almost perfect. The left side feels like theres alot of gland left directly beneath the nipple like the gland was resected incorrectly. Its hard tender and gets puffy like before. I'm gonna try to get a revision with fielding for free because this is not fair. He did a decent job on the right but a bad one on the left. Or I'll probably go to a different surgeon who can take out ALL of the GLAND. With my results now I would not recommend dr fielding.

Offline Fades1

• Posting Member
I wonder if this is due to swelling. Dr.Fielding warned me about this when I went for my consult.

I'm assuming your next appointment is 3 months post op? If I remember correctly Dr.Fielding told me that the swelling is usually at it's peak about 2-3months post-op, so hopefully this is true for your case.

Also was your left side larger than your right before the surgery? If yes then that would line up with the swelling theory as there was more to remove on the left side.

Offline stillnothappy

And another fielding victim. Its the exact same thing for me 10 months after the surgery. The right side is ok more or less and the left side has residual gland and gets puffy and pointy most of the time. Fielding is not a good surgeon, the only reason people talked about him in the first place is because of the low cost of his surgery and it speaks about the quality of his. Sometimes i wonder if he does this on purpose because most people who go to fielding need a revision. If you do some research here on the forum in the past years there's a bunch of threads about him not giving satisfactory result. The so call revision he does is not free if you want to actually get good result. He either give you lipo under local anesthesia for 1000$ or tells you to pay the full price again for another excision. I would not recommend Dr fielding at all. Please tell us more about the revision if he agrees to it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:00:03 AM by stillnothappy »

Offline raymxnicy

• Posting Member
Yeah I agree, definitely not a good surgeon. I don't know why he left so much more gland on the left side than the right and why he left it right underneath the nipple causing it to protrude and be puffy. I will most likely not go for a revision from him rather someone else who will take all the gland out because im tired of having to deal with this issue for so long. Does anyone know any good surgeons in toronto that offer a good price for a minor case.
Here is the picture of my dreadful left side :(

Offline Fades1

• Posting Member
Honestly to me this looks like swelling. Dr.Fielding even gives you a post-op care sheet which outlines the same signs you're having. All surgeons that I've ever heard of actually keeps in some gland tissue to ensure you're nipples don't cave in. 

Of course there's a chance that the swelling may turn into scar tissue but that's not within a surgeon's control, it's just a risk we take when having this type of surgery.

What did Dr.Fielding say during your post op? Did he attempt to drain any of the fluid on your left side? 

Offline raymxnicy

• Posting Member
Maaaaaan I know for fact that he left huge amount of gland behind because it feels and moves exactly like it did before the surgery. Like I could tell he definitely removed some by feeling it carefully from different angles but damn he left so much gland right on top of my left nipple. I know this for fact because during the surgery it barely looked like he was taking shit out. He low-key just resected the gland in different places. Also I looked at how much he removed and I was surprised by how little he actually removed so theres that mystery. During my post op he said I was still swollen and he didn't attempt to drain anything. Im guessing because there was nothing to drain and he just did a bad job. I came back to him a week later complaining about how my left side looks considerably worse than my right side and he just said it was swelling and I have nothing to worry about. Fast forward almost 3 months post op and my left side has not changed. The only upside is theres no visible scarring so you cant tell that I had surgery unless you look really really hard. Also I did not get a post op care sheet from fielding. Only a set of things to follow and look out for. Honestly I would rather go to a surgeon that removes more than necessary because I hate having puffy ass nipples :(

Offline Fades1

• Posting Member
Damn I'm sorry to hear about this. Thanks for the updated info. I had my surgery a few weeks ago and for me I had a hematoma complication a few hours later so I was able to see my chest after the clot was drained and it looked flat. This was why I thought maybe for your case you didn't see your chest until after the 1st week so I assumed it was just swelling which turned to scar issue (looks like this assumption is wrong). 

Do you have a 3 month post op appointment? I'd be interested to see what Dr.Fielding says at this point.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024