Author Topic: Visible bra straps  (Read 3775 times)

hammer

As someone whom is just starting this journey this is a concern of mine as well.  I am not large compared to a lot on here, but the problem with showing is the same. Any good advice on what to wear to keep them from showing? I have gotten pretty used to wearing something under most of my shirts, being a tank top most of the time. Is that a good way to keep the straps from showing in places like this. Yes I understand that is might not be as comfy with an extra layer, but it might be what has to be done. Any suggestions and ideas will be a great help.
At a "H" cup size I have been about to get by with a good quality tee shirt one size to big and I will wear a leather vest or an open button down shirt. I was a 46 band size but I've been losing weight, 40 plus pounds and I have not gone for a new fitting so I have no idea what my band size is now, but that way of dressing has worked out for me at that size, but at 61, I too have other things to worry about so I haven't worried at lot about being noticed either!

BTW, I do not close the front of the vest or shirt!

aboywithgirls

Bob,
I do about the same. The last bra that 8 was fitted for a few months back was the Elomi Matilda and that was a 38H. It's an underwire lace cup which is great for the summer months. I will wear just a t shirt with it most of the time. I also will opt for just a tank top sometimes. Ladies tank tops are almost identical to mens but, the arm holes are smaller and the tops have a little more room. I can wear a ladies tank top and not worry that my strap, band or even the cup showing. The girls are gonna show. My bra outline is gonna show. If I can help it, I'd rather not show the bra itself. 

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
I've been wearing a bra for several months now, after finally having the conversation with my wife about my bouncing chest hurting most days. I tried the pullover racerbacks but found them to hurt and eventually found a glamorise adjustable support bra that does quite well. I've stopped caring so much about visible hardware.  I typically wear a t-shirt. I don't go out of my way to show, but if the hardware shows a bit then oh well. 

Offline SideSet

The inner bust band of the Glamorise Magic Lift is nice, isn’t it?

What did your wife say when you talked to her about the discomfort you were having with your unsupported breasts?

What is your bra size? 

hammer

Bob,
I do about the same. The last bra that 8 was fitted for a few months back was the Elomi Matilda and that was a 38H. It's an underwire lace cup which is great for the summer months. I will wear just a t shirt with it most of the time. I also will opt for just a tank top sometimes. Ladies tank tops are almost identical to mens but, the arm holes are smaller and the tops have a little more room. I can wear a ladies tank top and not worry that my strap, band or even the cup showing. The girls are gonna show. My bra outline is gonna show. If I can help it, I'd rather not show the bra itself.
And if someone notices and has issues, its their problem not our!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:03:10 PM by hammer »

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
Sideset, I'm wearing a 42b but it's a bit tight in the band on the glamorise. I have a few of the glamorise 1166, and one by Amazon core 10 fitness that is super comfy but it's also padded and quite hot. Aside from that I could wear that one every single day. I dealt with my paid for a long time before we finally talked about it. She offered that we could find compression shirts and I told her that I'd tried them on and they felt awful. She offered to help me find a vest, I told her that I don't think that could work for me working outside of ac all day. She finally told me to go find a basic sports bra. After trying a few if them (and each one having its own issues) I eventually came to band and cup size sports bras. That's where I am now. Having said that I haven't had to sit at night and massage my sore breasts in months. Occasional pains here and there from running them into things at work but nothing like bouncing unsupported all day in a busy auto shop. My wife has been very awesome through this whole journey. I couldn't ask for better. 

Offline SideSet

That’s great that your wife has been so supportive and that wearing a bra is working for you. 

You might want to consider it every day bra and not just sports bras. The Bali Double Support or Comfort Devotion  are good starter bras in my opinion. My experience is that Glamorise  Cup sizes can run a little big, so you might even want to consider a C cup in your first every day bra. 

I generally only wear a sports bra for sports activities. I don’t find them as comfortable for every day. 

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
The cups on the glamorise are absolutely big, but the adjustable front panel helps to deal with it. 

Offline SideSet

So you could be a C cup in a different bra

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
I agree with side set that the comfort devotion is a good one to start with. If you have a chance to, try one with an underwire. I have found them to be much more comfortable. 

Offline SideSet

You might hear some women say that, while underwire give more support, uplift, and shaping, they are not as comfortable as wirefree.   However, for me, and it seems a number of us with gynecomastia, underwire fit and feel better.   I think it has something to do with the shape of our chests and breasts. 

Being full busted, I personally appreciate the support of underwire bras. Having come to embrace my breasts, I very much like the uplift and shaping I get from an underwire bra.  

I have a few wirefree  bras.   Soma makes a very nice wirefree, called the Enbliss,  which offers good lift and shaping 

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
I am definitely not there yet. I always look at my back in the mirror before leaving the house to make sure my straps are reasonably concealed. I'm definitely looking forward to the fall weather and wearing layers again.

Offline SideSet

Yet.

I think that is the keyword in your last post, yet.

From what I can see in your profile picture, you need to wear a bra just like a woman does, and you look good in a bra.

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
Yet.

I think that is the keyword in your last post, yet.

From what I can see in your profile picture, you need to wear a bra just like a woman does, and you look good in a bra.
Thank you. But I don't know if I'll ever be OK with showing off my straps, only because of the stigma. I'm comfortable with the way my breasts look, but I've heard people make snide comments and snicker behind my back. When boobs are as big as mine, they're pretty much impossible to hide.

Offline Johndoe1

I too have gotten to like the look of my breasts, but showing any part of the bra is something I don't think will come to me.

By the way, love the bra in your pic. What bra is that?
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024