Author Topic: Matching panties with a bra  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
What is it with men’s underwear? I have hated pretty much everything I’ve tried over the years, and it they always too bulky or badly designed to be comfortable (with the honourable exception of Separatec briefs, which are a lot better than most, I find) I have never understood boxers, which seem specifically designed to be unsupportive and bulky.

I always figured that it must just be me making a big deal about it, but it seems that others have the same objections that I do. I confess that I had never considered women’s panties as an alternative before now, but comments here give me food for thought.

Not sure how it would go down with my Significant Other, though. She has been really great with the my breast development and accepts that I now need a bra for support. She doesn’t really like to see me in a bra, but is happy enough that I wear them (except for my Wacoal Cherish, which she says creeps her out because it is somewhat sparkly and girly...) Matching panties might be considered crossing a line.

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
What is it with men’s underwear? I have hated pretty much everything I’ve tried over the years, and it they always too bulky or badly designed to be comfortable (with the honourable exception of Separatec briefs, which are a lot better than most, I find) I have never understood boxers, which seem specifically designed to be unsupportive and bulky.

I wonder if it's that men's underwear are designed by women, and many bras are designed by men.  (Why can't they design some more that are better-suited to men with gyne?)  I, too, never understood boxers; but I also hate that stupid trap door in briefs, as sometimes the baggage tends to get stuck between the layers.  Uncomfortable!  Hanes seemed to have the only men's briefs that fit right and didn't squeeze the baggage or have it falling out the leg band or cause other problems; but I'm not as impressed with the last ones I bought from them.  There needs to be a little extra room there though which women's whitie tidies wouldn't provide.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
 That could explain a lot, MarcoB!

I’m not saying that I won’t give panties a try again sometime, but I can’t help feeling that there would be a lack of space in them (unless the material has much more stretch than the example I tried)

That said, men’s underwear that is supposedly designed specifically with the male anatomy in mind seems surprisingly ineffective at accommodating it properly. Almost like making bras with dead flat cups!

Dudewithboobs seems to have got panty wearing figured out. Maybe the secret is to hold the equipment in position and not to allow for movement. All a matter of personal preference, I guess. I kind of get how that might work, too. My feeling with conventional male underwear is that it allows those parts of the anatomy that deserve a little dignity and free space to wander off and get tangled in a mass of material. Finding an optimal position and having the garment keep things there could be the answer.

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
I wear panties with my bras more and more often. I also feminize my shoes and my clothes. To be honest I am in an "intimate" feminization process. I have never had large male organs, I can even say they are small. The advantage is that they cannot be seen under women's panties, the lower abdomen is very smooth. It has always been a problem for me in my sex life, today I accept my lack of virility and I will even end my life "differently".
At 60 I am going to have sex feminization surgery.
I take hormones to increase my feminization but my hips remain flat, I really want to have a nice butt with round hips. On the other hand for the chest, 120D.
I regret not having done it before ........ but here in France everything is so complicated for sex-gender issues.

p.r.1974

Men come to this site for support from all walks, apparently including the stone age of the "we don't want to hear about that". 

aboywithgirls

From my perspective, I feel that for some here, including myself have legitimacy in wear panties which are traditionally designed for women. I have a round, feminine shape bottom and broad feminine hips as well as larger feminine breasts. 

If I am wearing a bra because of my feminine chest, its not that unbelievable that I would choose panties, based on the fact that they are designed for my figure. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I absolutely concur with aboywithgirls and Dudewithboobs. Very well put by both.

When you think about it, it is quite irrational for anyone to feel pressure to wear (or avoid wearing) any particular item of clothing because of perceived social pressure, and it is sad that any of us feel under that pressure in the first place. I suggest that we all have enough to deal with without it.

Personally, I’m fine with my gender identity and don’t confuse that with my physical clothing needs. I feel male, but I do have boobs which are much more comfortable in a bra than jiggling around under my shirt unsupported. I am able to hide them if I feel I need to, so am lucky to have that option. I understand that with larger cup sizes come fewer choices in that regard. I do not have a generally feminine physique, and so don’t need to wear panties for comfort, and most men’s clothing fits me fine so far. I have minor problems with shirts gaping a little, but I’m not yet at the stage where they simply don’t fit my body. Right now, a slightly looser fitting shirt is OK.

Equally, it would seem perverse for those with more generally feminine physiques to feel under any pressure to continue to wear badly-fitting male clothing, and hypocritical if any of us who wear a bra were to be judgemental of those who also need other items female clothing. My guess would be that any man who has experienced breast growth since puberty will have also had some degree of feminisation affect all part of their body. It would seem logical that if you have rounded and feminine hips and bottom you are not going to fit nicely into men’s jeans, for example. Those of us who are ‘late developers’ probably have a pretty stereotypical male body and only experience significant feminisation of the chest area, so it is likely that a bra will take care of our needs.

Either way, what does it matter? We should all of us wear the clothes that work for our bodies and not be judgemental of those who need to dress differently to us. I am in no way critical of anyone who elects to wear female clothing for whatever reason, either. If it overlaps into cross-dressing, so what? It harms nobody, and if it means a more comfortable state of mind for that person then surely that’s good all round?

I’m not sure if we on this forum are the best source of support for those with more profound gender identity issues. We should certainly be considerate of anyone struggling with these personal questions, but I guess there are more relevant and qualified sources of help elsewhere. At the same time, it doesn’t seem impossible that the shifting hormones that result in gynecomastia can continue to evolve into broader gender identity considerations for some. Perhaps they are just on a longer and more demanding journey than the rest of us?

I can absolutely believe that hormonal imbalances have a profound impact on who we are, and I’m also absolutely convinced that the effect can be subtle and insidious. I can now see emotional and mental health aspects of my own hormonal imbalance that I was oblivious to in the past. Powerful and sneaky things, these hormones.

p.r.1974

In clarification, the reply post to someone sharing their journey came across to me as they don't belong here and shouldn't have posted. It seems wrong to me to treat someone that way. Yes, the internet has many resources for many paths. The hilarity is lost on me when people are told they  they can't be open on a site for support. Outside of support groups, forums, and individuals in our lives, most of us have been told we are not enough or don't belong our entire lives for one excuse or another. Generally it has been all of the industries that sell a product by telling us this. Then there is the pitiful excuse of popular culture that will shame you for everything under the sun. Perhaps I did not grok the full intention, as attempting to fully communicate is rather challenging with only text. My apologies if that was the case.

Offline jlab

I think that anyone who is curious to know what it's like to wear panties should do it.
Although panties are generally not comfortable for men, because of the volume, they are much more fun and charming than men's underwear.
Today there are men's lace underwear, men's underwear with prints, etc.
But combining panties and bra can be fun.
I think that every man has a feminine side that can be explored, it would be interesting if all the men on the planet tried on a bra or panties at least once.
Some say lingerie is addictive.

off-topic: I'm avoiding being just curious. I always wanted to know the feeling of getting a pie in the face. So I went to the market, bought aerosol whip cream and some disposable plastic plates and spent the afternoon throwing pies in my face.
In front of the mirror, of course, to see how my face would look smeared with whipped cream.
The taste of the whipped cream was a little different, but I found it fun.

bikerbob

I have tried wearing my wife's hipster panties a couple of times out of curiosity.  The material in the crotch is stretchy and I found them surprisingly comfortable and supportive.  The lace ones are actually pretty nice in hot weather.  I was putting laundry away and noticed a pair of No Boundaries hipsters with a nice pattern, not especially girly, with a little bow in the front and I thought Oh, yeah, I would totally wear those.  My wife is OK with me wearing bras but I am not sure how she would take me wearing her panties so I am OK with my Hanes briefs for now.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Yeah, I guess I’ll try boyshorts if they fit well and match my bra.  I’ve purchased underwear for my wife for Christmas and I was always amazed at the softness of women’s underwear.   

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
While I applaud anyone who is to be their true self. If you are adamantly feminization self and legitimately going under for SRS perhaps susansplace would be a better forum for use and sharing. We had a user plague the forum with their intense fascination of feminization and such. This forum is for men who are dealing with having breasts not men wanting to become women.
At the beginnig I was a Man with Gynecomastia, for 30 years, now it's a great deal different, that's my life, my way

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
You're here since july 22, 2020 and you say me to go away......
isn't it too early for you to speak like this ? 8)

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
Basicaly I'm a guy with gynecomastia.
Here is a Gynecomastia forum....
My choice for my life is my choice,
I dond't allowed you to say me where is my place.

DW20

I think the French have it about right. Their words for panties, knickers etc are randomly allocated male or female grammatical gender.
Any clothes are just fabric. In the case of panties most are very similar to men's - three openings, waist and two legs. The main difference is the dramatic difference in comfort due to material and elastic and also fit better for those who find it is not only our chest that is changing.
I have shared elsewhere on the forum I now share a fully gender free wardrobe with my wife. Trousers are the only problem where our leg lengths differ.
Clothes bought and used by men are mens' and vice versa.
In our well adjusted home they are simply OURS
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:30:25 AM by DW20 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024