Author Topic: Bras for side boobs  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I have the same problem. I live in a very rural area of the UK, so a fitting is pretty much out of the question, even without Covid 19. I don’t think I would want to risk the embarrassment of a getting a fitting at a local store and being spotted there by someone I know, or gossiped about by the fitters.

I did the Q&A thing on Herroom.com today. There are a bunch of questions to answer, and I don’t know how relevant the conclusion will be since it assumes the breast owner is female, but it did come up with some specific suggestions that I thought looked pertinent and interesting. Not nearly as good as a professional fitting I know, but I’m hoping it may give me some ideas.

It doesn’t really help with sizing, unfortunately, and assumes that you already have a pretty good idea of this. I’m OK with that based on a combination of the ABTF calculator and some practical experience from bras I already own. Not easy if you have yet to establish your size, I know.

Offline Johndoe1

Same reason an Audi costs more than a Hyundai, I guess. Design and technology.

But I take your point - at that sort of price it doesn’t encourage you to buy them on a speculative basis. I imagine the argument would be to get professionally fitted and buy just one or two perfectly sized high-end bras, rather than buying numerous cheap bras online and hoping they fit.

When I first started wearing bras I bought the cheapest ones I could find. That meant that they didn't really fit and were cheaply made. Most of those bras lasted about 6 months and stretched out badly. You get what you pay for. I now spend the money and the oldest bra I regularly wear (meaning weekly) is now 3 1/2 years old. Yes I am on the tightest hooks now, but it still fits and I hope to get at least 6 more months wear out of it until it is done. It cost me $55. It was also after I was professionally fitted.

I regret to say that I have not yet had a professional fitting, and I do have a drawer full of mostly inexpensive and often badly fitting bras...
And that is why I finally got fitted. I got tired of spending money on bras that ultimately didn't fit, were uncomfortable and so I never wore them so wasted money and just didn't last. Yeah, I hate what a good bra costs, but for comfort and longevity, IMHO, they are worth the cost. YMMV
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Rob 34a

• Posting Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good bra to help with those pesky side boobs? I’m looking for an underwired, unlined plunge style and am hoping for something with wider wings to help push the side boob tissue forward and into the cups.

I’m Rob . Look at warren side panel. I've saw them at jc penny and took the questionnaire. It asked my current brand , size and style. Maidenform push up in a 34c.  I was thinking I needs to sister size to a 36b. It recommended a 36d  due to side bulge. 

I was a 34a 7 years and 25 lb ago

Offline blad

Warner's bras have a "No side effects" underwire bra.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member

I’m Rob . Look at warren side panel. I've saw them at jc penny and took the questionnaire. It asked my current brand , size and style. Maidenform push up in a 34c.  I was thinking I needs to sister size to a 36b. It recommended a 36d  due to side bulge.

Hi Rob, 
Yeah, swoop and scoop takes me from a C to a D too, pesky side boob.

Offline Rob 34a

• Posting Member

I’m Rob . Look at warren side panel. I've saw them at jc penny and took the questionnaire. It asked my current brand , size and style. Maidenform push up in a 34c.  I was thinking I needs to sister size to a 36b. It recommended a 36d  due to side bulge.

Hi Rob,
Yeah, swoop and scoop takes me from a C to a D too, pesky side boob.
The warner was a disappointment  . It would be good for someone needing a full cup. On a hunch I went with a 36 c pushup. That is much better

p.r.1974

"Quote from: Traveler on October 10, 2020, 06:24:16 PM
Quote from: Rob 34a on October 10, 2020, 01:55:32 PM

Quote from: Beeches on August 22, 2020, 06:46:41 AM

Hi Rob,
Yeah, swoop and scoop takes me from a C to a D too, pesky side boob.

The warner was a disappointment  . It would be good for someone needing a full cup. On a hunch I went with a 36 c pushup. That is much better"

One can also look for bras with side support.

Offline Johndoe1

Personally I like the Anita Faia Rosa Twin bra. In the larger cup sizes it has a hidden band around the bottom of the cup that pulls the girls in nicely and is very comfortable. Since this is an unlined cup, it keeps the breast looking as if you were not wearing a bra and not smooth and round and feminine like as some tee shirt bras do. The Twin comes in underwire and soft cup so be aware. Also there is a Twin Firm for those with heavier breasts or very large breasts in both underwire and soft cup. I find for me the regular Twin provides good support and is not bulky and doesn't give too much of a feminine look.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024