Author Topic: Breast migration  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Think I’ve read this in a few comments before in a tread or two. Is it true that side boob can migrate forward once you start wearing a properly fitting bra? Could be problematic. It won’t stop me from getting good support though, just want to know what to expect.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
I've also read about that in a previous thread.

I can't say from personal experience, but it does make sense in a way.  Basically by wearing daily the fat slowly gets pushed into a new position.  I do know there are women who do a similar thing on purpose with corsets, slowly changing the shape of their bodies (to the extent of migrating organs).  Since the principle is the same, I'd say it will happen (assuming the bra actually moves the tissue "out of the way", that is).

It won't happen overnight though.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
If it happens to me I would be delighted. I really dislike side boob. I hate how it looks and the way my arms rub on it when walking. I does seem less prominent after I have been wearing a bra all day, but it soon seems to come back when I take it off.

Has anyone with long-term experience found it becomes permanent?

Offline Johndoe1

There has been this raging debate on is migration of tissue a real thing or not. I don't know, but in my own case, if it wasn't tissue migration, something like it happened. After about two months of wearing a proper fitting bra and daily swooping and scooping, I noticed I was starting to quad boob. Not bad but definitely starting to spilling out. I also noticed my breasts had somewhat changed shape. They seemed to be a little more rounded and feminine in appearance. This is when my side boob really started to bother me and this is when I started wearing bras with side panel support and built in cup slings. I have since found out that slight changes of breast shape through time is not uncommon such as weight gain/loss, and ptosis being the major ones. And having gynecomastia my whole adult life, I have noticed some ptosis of my own breast. Due to ptosis, a good fitting bra can lift my breasts a good two inches off my chest and give them a better appearance. But then I have never really had what you would call perky breasts. Two floppy lumps might be a better description.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Well, I certainly won’t be unhappy if my side boob reduces a little. I currently only have one bra with side panels in the cups, and have been surprised at how effective they are in keeping the tissue in the cups where it is supposed to be. It really is way more comfortable, and I’m happy to accept a little more front projection as a trade-off. In fact, being shallow and wide-set I quite like that it makes me a little fuller out front. It might be a different matter if I was a cup size or two bigger, but for now it works well. My other underwires work to some extent, but the side panels do make a difference.

(I only recently found out the purpose of side panels and slings in bras (I still have much to learn about the design of the things - they are deceptively sophisticated once you start to understand the construction. The bra anatomy pages on Herroom.com extremely informative and helpful - a lot of things make more sense to me now! I would recommend that other newcomers to breast ownership take a look at this site.)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Been wearing a bra daily now for six weeks and my bras do seem to fit a little differently now. I have lost a bit of weight and need to remeasure. I’m on the last hook and loop on all my bras, the gore isn’t pressing as snugly on my sternum and I’m finding that when I first “swoop and scoop” I seem to be a little fuller. My breasts do seem a bit rounder. Could be migration, could be all in my head. 
Is it wrong to wish they’re actually getting a better shape?

Offline Johndoe1

Reread my answer above for my take on this subject!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I have. I guess our first bras “D’s” are our training bras! 😏
Could also be why I’ve been having the different pains for the last month. Who knows?

gmast

it only makes sense to wear one and hope they look better or want them to be shaped more feminine than man boob
And once again, a post where someone asks a reasonable question. He gets a few reasonable opinions back, and then somebodies got to turn it into a cross dressing thread.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
it only makes sense to wear one and hope they look better or want them to be shaped more feminine than man boob
And once again, a post where someone asks a reasonable question. He gets a few reasonable opinions back, and then somebodies got to turn it into a cross dressing thread.
Huh? Sarcasm?

gmast

Huh? Sarcasm?
No sarcasm.  Someone asks if wearing a bra could cause breast migration, so he would have an idea of what to expect in the future.   But rather than post factual information or personal opinion on whether breast migration does or does not occur, DoodwithBoobs starts talking about how we should wear bras to look good or want to look more feminine.  

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Huh? Sarcasm?
No sarcasm.  Someone asks if wearing a bra could cause breast migration, so he would have an idea of what to expect in the future.  But rather than post factual information or personal opinion on whether breast migration does or does not occur, DoodwithBoobs starts talking about how we should wear bras to look good or want to look more feminine. 
So, your opinion is it’s okay to wear a bra as long as it doesn’t look good?
My opinion is it doesn’t matter what you’re wearing under your shirt as long as you present male. If you’re big enough and self confident enough to solve the issue, you probably want to look good.

gmast

No, my opinion is that all this talk about cross dressing is ruining the forums and detrimental to supporting guys that have gyne and are looking for options on how to deal with it.

aboywithgirls

Ok, back to the question. 

Women and men alike, who both have breasts and wear a bra have asked this question. Tissue migration is possible and is a real thing. However it's generally temporary without constant reinforcement. 

Women have done this for centuries with corsets. It also has been noted in men in the last few decades as gynecomastia has become more common due to dietary intake from hormones in our food and medications. 

As men have turned to wearing a bra for support and wearing one full-time, much like a woman, combined with the breast development has caused some men's breasts to take on a traditional feminine shape.

Mileage may vary. 

p.r.1974

It seems to be that migration and presenting well are different for every person. Body type. genetics, physical condition, and regularity of support wear are a few for migration. The definition of presenting well will always be user specific for the same reasons and more. Many men and women choose to present well without a bra, and many who prefer the support of one, myself included. But that is what it is, a preference, and both are valid.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024