Author Topic: Do I have Gyno?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Shay

Hi there guys!

I am new here so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I have always had big moobs but I noticed I have a roll under my right arm. ( a bit like what you see in women with a bra on). My left under arm is not so bad but not perfect. I went to some surgeon a few years ago and he said to try and lose weight and he believes I don't have it.

Do I have Gyno or pseudogynecomastia? I really would prefer a non surgical option so any advice would be much appreciated!

Than k you

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Welcome.

For a definitive answer, you can pinch the tissue around your nipples.  Do you feel any distinct lumps behind your nipples?  If so, those are mammary glands.  If you have developed glands, then it's true gyne and no amount of weight loss can get rid of them.  Losing weight will also likely cause your breasts to become more prominent.

So if you have true gyne then you have two options.  Lop them off (I personally don't believe in this, there's no such thing as risk-free surgery) or keep them.  If you choose to remove them, make sure to do your homework before going for any surgery.  If you keep them, it might be a good idea to start wearing bras.

Offline Shay

Sorry! Still trying to work this website out.

I pinched it and nothing seems to be there.

What are you opinions from the picture?

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
Yes, definitely gynecomastia. The only non-surgical option is to wear a garment to conceal and/or support your breasts (bra). No weight loss or exercise will make your boobs go away. 

If you don't want boobs for the rest of your life, post your pics in the Doctor section. Go to your family doctor and take it from there. 

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Looking at the pictures it does look like gyne.

That said, the absense of glands that you can feel (and lack of puffyness in the pictures) tell me that it might be pseudogyne.  If it's pseudogyne then you might be able to get rid of them non surgically.  But of course I'm no doctor, this is just my observation.

Offline SideSet

Yes, looks very much like gynecomastia to me. Your breasts have a definite female shape, quite round and full 

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
I agree. Quite pronounced and feminine, and except for your chest are quite slender. I am guessing your bra cup size is about B. 

Offline Shay

I agree. Quite pronounced and feminine, and except for your chest are quite slender. I am guessing your bra cup size is about B.
I don't know the shapes of bra sizes but cup B seems big to me. It's not noticeable when I wear tight fitted T shirts that's for sure. Thanks for the input. 

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
B is a modest bra cup size. 

Offline SideSet

I would agree you are at least an A and maybe even a B cup. 

You can tell by measuring the circumference around your chest at the base of your breasts. And then measuring the circumference of your chest at its fullest part, across your nipples. 

The first measurement is your bra band size.  So, like 34, 36, 38, 40, etc. 

Then subtract the first measurement from the second measurement to get your bra cup size. 1”= A; 2”= B; 3”= C; etc, but you won’t be that big.  Yet 😉  

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
 Or a simple way to think about it is to compare the size of your breasts to the size of various fruit.   As in the following link, lime or lemon, looks to me to be about your breast size so, A or B cup. 

https://www.guiltlingerie.com/pages/mens-buying-guide

Offline SideSet

Looking at your picture again, while you are quite slender, your breasts are so round and feminine in appearance.  A bra would really suit you. 

Offline Teatree76

• Posting Member

Role of tamoxifen in idiopathic gynecomastia: A 10-year prospective cohort study. — Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences

See this recent study. I'm trying to see whether Tamoxifen is a better first option. 

CONCLUSION: Our study is the largest to date examining the role of tamoxifen in idiopathic gynecomastia, and our results show approximately nine in every 10 men treated with tamoxifen therapy had successful resolution of their symptoms. We support its use for idiopathic gynecomastia in eligible men following the careful discussion of its risks and benefits.

Offline taxmapper

Here’s where I take a left turn. Too many here will say even if there’s a fraction of growth that yup you have t**ts get a bra. For me it’s a matter of,  do your breasts bounce jiggle cause pain or present discomfort? Are they sensitive to where shirts and such cause irritation or sense of sensitivity that causes consistent awareness of being rubbed or touched? Do they if none of the above simply just bother you in other ways that touch on areas more than just aesthetically? 
I have to agree with this. 

My breasts are still quite small in comparison but growing. I can feel that growth daily, from the odd pop-rock sensation to some level pushing sensation I know that mine will get larger. 

Mine have started to bounce to the point of real pain. I have chickens and had to chase them around the other day with a goodly amount of sharp downward pulling that felt like someone ripping my skin off. 

If they have no feeling of pain, then it would be more of aesthetics as mentioned. That's your choice. 

IMO you do have breasts growing and will probably continue to grow. 
You also have a larger overall area of shape that I see that may or may not continue to grow larger. of that only god knows.  But if pain does in fact start to set in ESPECIALLY with any amount of growth, then a bra may in fact be in order. 

But again its your choice and only you can choose to wear or not. 

bikerbob

What Dudewithboobs said.  They may be larger than they appear.

On their own, my breasts don't look all that big but when I swoop and scoop the underarm boob into an underwire bra, a 42C actually fits.  When I hang up a bra to dry, I look at the cups and think there is no way I could be filling those, but I do.  My wife also wears a 42C but her breasts look entirely different than mine do.  And yes, I do occasionally borrow one of her bras.  She just bought a bunch of new Bali underwires I can't wait to try out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024