Author Topic: wash & care  (Read 2482 times)

aboywithgirls

I do the same as John. I will machine wash my every day bras and panties on a delicate cycle in a lingerie mesh bag. My more delicate or expensive things I always hand wash, pat down with a towel and air dry. Bras should be hung over a hanger at the gore. I usually will just lay my panties and nylons on a towel to dry.
what is the benefit if using a bag.my late wife and my current one throws every thing together and wash  warm with everything else. I do mine and panties on cold and delicate and cold dry
  Rich,  the purpose of the bag is to protect delicates from damage.  I always hook the back hooks as they will hook on other things causing damage to it or the other clothes.  If not in a bag they can and will get tangled up in and around other clothes or around the workings of the machine.  I just replaced my bags as a zipper broke on one and the bras came out and had shirts wrapped around and through the shoulder straps.  One back hook came undone and was hooked on the cup of the other.  I'm just glad a wire didn't get brake  or poke out.
Rich is correct about the entanglement issues and how bras are prone to hook on everything including themselves!

Many of my delicates are just that, delicate! Whether it's a bra, panties, nylons or even a nightie. The lace and the materials are easily damaged I  the washing machine when you do laundry with other heavier materials. The wash bag gives delicates a barrier that reduces wear. I typically pay around $100 for a decent bra in a 36H. I hand wash those but all th others go in the wash on a delicate cycle.
🤗 Sophie🥰

p.r.1974

I think perhaps the dissconnect may be in what we consider sports bras. I have some that are wired, and have hooks in the back that keep the girls from bouncing around more than the non sports version. I have also have the pull over type that are used for yard work wear. The pull overs are thrown in with the normal laundry, and fluff or no heat drying cycles. They are the cheap three pack walmart  stuff that I dont mind replacing. The encapsulating, underwired, and hooked ones are in tight mesh bags on the delicate cycle, and hung at the gore to dry.

These work so well I got three sets.
Amazon.com: Bra Bags For Laundry - Bra Bag for Washing Machine - Set of 3 - Bra Washing Bags for Laundry - Bra Laundry Bags for Washing Machine – Lingerie bag for Washing Machine –Bra Pouch Mesh Bag - Extra Large H : Home & Kitchen

Confused old man

My wife does the washing. Panty and bra delicates go in the bag. Jeans, sports bras and cotton panties go in as one big lump. The bag makes in simple. Everything in the bag does not go in the dryer. Everything else in the dryer. Jeans with stretchy material come out early and finish drying on a dry rack. And yes, this old man started wearing panties😃. They are much more comfortable then the bulky men’s underwear.

Offline hawkdaboo3

• Posting Member
What kind of detergent or soaps do you use to clean your bras? 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I use plain tide no fragrance bleach or softners

Offline hawkdaboo3

• Posting Member
How do you wash and care for the bra pads?
Got some removable bra pads for some sports bras- not sure how to wash and care for them- we should remove them from bra before washing the bra
in the washing machine right? how do you make sure the pads stay clean?

Also how best to care for sports bras so they do not stink and get quickly ruined by all the sweat & gunk from workout?
Do you soak it in something immediately after taking it off?

Offline Johndoe1

Got some removable bra pads for some sports bras- not sure how to wash and care for them- we should remove them from bra before washing the bra

Wash them the same way you wash your sports bra.

Also how best to care for sports bras so they do not stink and get quickly ruined by all the sweat & gunk from workout?
My fitter says when you are finished, keep the bra on and go straight to the shower and rinse off and then lather up using hand soap and rinse again and remove the bra. Don't use anything with fragrance or perfume or softener soap. That will weaken the elastane in the bra and that is what helps support you.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Busty

How interesting. Wearing your bra in the shower 

Orb

That does work well.  I do that and did again this morning after my workout. 

I might add, as you would know by now removing a pullover bra wet does add additional challenges.  It will at times make you feel as if you have to be a contortionist.  Most of mine do have some type of back hooks.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:28:45 AM by Orb »

Offline hawkdaboo3

• Posting Member

Wash them the same way you wash your sports bra.

My fitter says when you are finished, keep the bra on and go straight to the shower and rinse off and then lather up using hand soap and rinse again and remove the bra. Don't use anything with fragrance or perfume or softener soap. That will weaken the elastane in the bra and that is what helps support you.
doesn't hot water weaken the elastic of sports bras? or do you take cold showers after your workout? 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
That does work well.  I do that and did again this morning after my workout. 

I might add, as you would know by now removing a pullover bra wet does add additional challenges.  It will at times make you feel as if you have to be a contortionist.  Most of mine do have some type of back hooks.
Inave founf putting on a pullover after a shower is hard. I either have to wait to dry off or what I usualy do is go to my hook bras

Offline Johndoe1

doesn't hot water weaken the elastic of sports bras? or do you take cold showers after your workout?
Your skin would blister before that happens.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024