Author Topic: Morning coffee chat, any topic:  (Read 32173 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Yesterday I received a 'certified mail notice' in the post box. It says it is coming from the day-centre. I'm not sure how I will retrieve the letter since I attend the day-centre everyday, I guess I'll have to take a day off. 

It's most likely an 'official' reprimand for some violation they came up with. I won't know until I retrieve it. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Justagirl💃

Does your day center receive any federal funding?
Yes they do. I talked to management and they were not concerned about things much. They said the letter only creates a paper trail for something that has always been addressed. 

They said not too retrieve the letter and it will be returned to them. They can then hand it directly to me. 

Offline Justagirl💃

Since they receive federal funds. There s nothing they can say how you present yourself.
If they do, would not be pretty for them if you complain to the federal government.
A federal investigator assigned by the Social Security administration just left to interview me about the day-centre and my living situation. They are investigating my care.

I was truthful and very descriptive in talking to the lady.

She agrees that my living arrangement is not up to my standards and will talk to the centre about resolving things. They are however happy with the use of my pension. Medical care is said to be the best in my area, and I unfortunately must agree with her.

The inspection of my 'clothes situation' brought a smile to her face, and she said, "I wish I could shop at the mall every weekend like you do, you have a beautiful collection.

I was addressed very non-descriptly, so she was very careful.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I'm so glad you had a positive interaction with her.  I hope that you feel a of the burden of your care is now off your chest. 

Sorry, pun intended.

Honestly,  I'm glad it went well and hope things improve for you.  Your a decent person and deserve to be treated that way.

Cheers

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Great news Birdie, I am glad things are moving in the right direction for you.
Redfox 🦊

Offline taxmapper

Interesting that they responded in such a way. 

Good luck Birdie. 

Offline Justagirl💃

Interesting that they responded in such a way.

Good luck Birdie.
It will be interesting to see what gets said to the centre after the SSA investigation. 🤔

The centre provides "all inclusive care' for the elderly/disabled. A very valuable service!

But they also have a way of blending very fundamentalist (almost Puritan) views into the individual care plans.

For instance, mandatory ''revivals'. What do I have to "revive" if I'm Jewish?

Their view on intersex and or gynecomastia is that it "should be concealed best as possible." "It's an embarrassment to the facility." It's not called out expressly as a sin, but a deformity that is best hidden.
Accepting/embracing "the feminine side" is expressly called out as sin by some staff.

Being under their care is very intrusive, but I have made large strides by pushing the envelope.

One of the investigator's questions was, "have you ever been denied anything by the centre?"

Offline Evolver

Been feeling a bit flat lately. Lacking motivation, feeling more tired than usual, losing some passion for things I normally enjoy etc. Luckily, I still have a higher level of core happiness, compared to my old self from a few years ago, to sustain me. That has only been due to self-acceptance in all respects! Despite that, there has definitely been a bit of melancholy set in lately as well. I know the causes - coincidental but nothing to do with flesh or identity - and I just have to deal with them. One of the side effects is spending far less time than usual in places like this.

I'll be fine, and I'm on the improve now. I just needed to write this.

Offline Evolver

Thanks mate. I'll be fine, and in no danger at all.

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
I noticed that phenomena in me too. I was later able to relate it to the elevated prolactin levels. The level is now nearly normal and that unmotivated malaise has dissipated.
Back to my old self and my good mental and emotional state.
Something to consider as I have found that prolactin and its associated effects and tumors are more common than previously thought .
Regards, Bob

Offline taxmapper

This opens up two distinct possibilities: 

1: The condition as you state more prevalent than before and is directly related to a previously unknown or unresearched area of biology. 

2: An environmental factor is causing this and previously such conditions were either rare or non existent.   Hence the reason why it wasn't looked upon before. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I hope any of you that live in the south central United States are safe during this hurricane.

Offline Justagirl💃

Sitting here anxiously awaiting for the debate to start.

I'm expecting a circus. 🙄

Update: Yup, didn't disappoint.

I was quite let down by the debate. The only actual "policy" discussed was two points made by Harris. The rest of the night was mud slinging. Moderators were quick to call out misinformation, but who is fact checking the fact checkers?

I have to agree Harris kept her composure quite well, and Trump came out like it was a rally. He just tried to drive home a few key points (over and over again).

My opinion, Harris won in composure but lost on not responding on immigration issues. Her lack of "telling us" "how" she intends to fix the economy (other than stating how important it is) was a let down.

Trump lacked structure and preparation, but did basically say, "he'll will do what worked before."

I'm left with the opinion that we really need another debate, one that we most likely won't get.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 09:21:41 AM by Justagirl💃 »

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
I’m Re: The debate
I try to avoid politics in this forum - for obvious reasons, like it has nothing to do with gynecomastia.
But, since you brought it up, here’s my 2 cents (14 after Bidenamalanomics - lol!)
It was 3 on 1 (obviously), and given that Trump outdid Harris. I think, debate wise, he missed some opportunities to rebut her comments. She was OBVIOUSLY coached on a strictly scripted set of soft ball questions - it’s VERY painfully plain that Harris is not capable of answering questions ad hoc (she has single handedly caused the term ‘word salad’ to become part of our lexicon).
She has a plan and policies in mind (basically, more of the same she’s been doing, which is why she won’t articulate them).
The other 2 Democrats in the debate helped her by changing the subject when Trump pressed her for answers to things, while drilling him repeatedly on subjects.
I’d like to see another debate, but with real moderators, and with Harris forced to answer questions she doesn’t know ahead of time.  And with moderators pressing her for specific policies and plans, not ear tickling sound bites for brain dead voters.
And she was NOT ‘fact checked’ even once, while he was ‘fact checked’ about 7 times. (Even Snopes  called out one of her more egregious lies -  the “very fine people” hoax she spewed.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 11:39:45 AM by Moobzie »

Offline Justagirl💃

Yes, the moderators where quite biased. 
And Harris's typical word salad never happen since she apparently studied really hard to cover the three 'allowed' topics. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024