Author Topic: Discovered  (Read 382 times)

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Having just returned into the wild since so much medical folderol I went to the gym to start down my long road to get into shape again. The treadmill, rowing equipment, weights, were no difficulty but since getting the side panel bras last week I chose to wear them. No more or no less glances noted . They have a thicker strap and 4 rear clasps for hardware. Never had them before, used heavy support sports bras.
However, in a re entry yoga class I was surprised at an exercise that placed us in a ‘ conga line’  configuration. First one way and then reversed direction. There was a lot of hands on to each others   backs. There are now two women in the class that have no doubt I wear a bra and one is the instructor.
Nothing was said and studio lights were dim so I was unable to get a read on looks after . Gotta wonder how far that’s going to travel this week in the gym.
Regards, Bob

Offline Johndoe1

If my experiences is any indication, they will not say anything at all or will in private will say something inquisitive. Women are usually not as forward as men. Women support each other in a way men don't. 

My guess is the instructor has seen this before and probably not do anything. The other lady may not do anything because of the transgendee atmosphere we live in. Use that to your advantage. And don't let show that it bothers you, even if it does. They will understand the comfort of wearing a bra for exercise. They're wearing one too! And wear it at your next class. Make it normal. To dispel talk, that's the best way to do it. 

There's no shame in having breasts or the desire for comfort or support. You are doing nothing wrong. Wear your bra proudly. They are! Good for you!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
However, in a re entry yoga class I was surprised at an exercise that placed us in a ‘ conga line’  configuration. First one way and then reversed direction. There was a lot of hands on to each others  backs. There are now two women in the class that have no doubt I wear a bra and one is the instructor.
Nothing was said and studio lights were dim so I was unable to get a read on looks after . Gotta wonder how far that’s going to travel this week in the gym.
Bad news is that news travels fast in the ladies arena, but the great news is that women for the most part have no problem with men 'needing' to wear support and doing so. Women do understand the challenges of having breasts. 
There are of course exceptions, and I personally know one of them, but you should be just fine. 
In addition, the opinions of others really means very little if they aren't family. 

Birdie 💖
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Thanks for the response. 
I have thought of the same way forward from here as you outlined JD1.

And Birdie, I have worked with women for 43 years as an Operating Room RN, and you’re spot on in your assessment.

And I have seen more than one   
’ exception’ in that arena. It’s pretty wild to see someone devour their young, but then it was a high stress environment.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I wrote about my gym experience in acceptance/ illusions. I wear a sports bra and sometimes just a regular bra at the gym.
I have a female personal trainer. She knows I wear a bra and so do most of the people in the gym. I just wear a dry fit athletic t shirt over my bras. 
I started working out because I wanted to get rid of my boobs. I started out slow, like 30 minutes a day to now I workout hard and two hours a day.
I am very fit now but the boobs didn’t go away. 
I will continue wearing a bra everyday and don’t give a rats *** what anybody thinks!
So hard workouts I don’t want my boobs bouncing all over the place, or yoga poses with dangling swaying boobs.
In the end.......nobody cares what you are wearing. And if you do run into that one person that does care....does there stupid opinion really matter?
With age comes inner strength and the power of not caring what others think...
Today I’m rocking who I’ve fought to become.

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Glad to hear of your self awareness and acceptance. 
I too was rocking at the gym and yoga 6 months ago. Went through several more endocrine situations after the ones that caused the gyne. Last one have gotten me into an autoimmune situation that stole all my strength and gave crippling pain . The new direction from a friendly Doc has put me on a better path. Starting over in a simpler yoga venue with new people in the group. Cannot keep up with the old group, too advanced. I am of an age where others opinions roll of my back for the most part. It is still good to hear encouragement from the group. I hope to regain the level of fitness I had , but it will be a long road. 
Since the prolactin wave hit I had to move on from sports bras to a more comfortable form to get rid of the side boob. Shapermint worked well but less stealthy. I don’t go to a great deal of trouble hiding the fact that I wear a bra in the changing room and the old timers have said nothing. The youngsters seem to grab a glance at times but perhaps the acceptance of ‘ gender fluidity’ is at work here. 
I will endeavor to persevere…

Offline gotgyne

Since the prolactin wave hit I had to move on from sports bras to a more comfortable form to get rid of the side boob. Shapermint worked well but less stealthy. I don’t go to a great deal of trouble hiding the fact that I wear a bra in the changing room and the old timers have said nothing. The youngsters seem to grab a glance at times but perhaps the acceptance of ‘ gender fluidity’ is at work here.
I will endeavor to persevere…
In such a group most of the people won't say anything. In former times I was an avid sauna visitor. One of the men had an ostomy, some women had mastectomies (unilateral and bilateral). Nobody of the other guests with a rude comment. I even was in a sauna, where both sexes had one big room to change their clothes. No hiding at all. No strange looks at me while putting off my compression or support pantyhose. Nowadays with my breasts I'd wear my bra also without hesitation and put it off and on in front of others. That I need a bra is self-explanatory when they see my breasts. So why bother about it at all?
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Online Sophie

• Silver Member
I spent decades as a man openly wearing a bra before transitioning. Those who knew me, also knew why I wore a bra. Those who didn't know me, didn't matter. Even at that, depending on the situation, I may have gotten a double take and exceedingly rare, I would ever hear a comment. 

I am very proud of you for being yourself. I'm sure that the ladies in your yoga class understand and even sympathize with you. You are all wearing a bra for the same reason. 

I also have a couple of shapermint bras. I find them to be very comfortable and a nice change from always wearing an underwire. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
I’m glad you found comfort in wearing a bra in a place so feminine typically such as a yoga class. I feel yoga is always seen as a females workout class or activity and its benefits are profound for anyone to get in to. Glad you’re taking care of the health there. And feeling ok enough to wear support there. 
I’m sure it gets to an age for anyone to realize we all have body’s and our body’s need what others may not. And an age where we appreciate and respect and smile at those who know what they need and tend to it. We need bras for our breasts and we have chosen to accept it and wear what works for when we need to wear one for when it works. Kudos to you. 

Offline gotgyne

I’m sure it gets to an age for anyone to realize we all have body’s and our body’s need what others may not. And an age where we appreciate and respect and smile at those who know what they need and tend to it. We need bras for our breasts and we have chosen to accept it and wear what works for when we need to wear one for when it works. Kudos to you.
My opinion also. And I'd like to add, that we who wear our bras on such occasions can be role models for other men with gynecomastia. Even in my 30s I was too timid to wear my medical compression pantyhose with shorts. But on vacation in Spain my wife showed me a man in his 50s who did this. He wore such short shorts that the reinforced panty top of the hose was quite visible. I almost couldn't believe what I saw. This man was my role model. The same evening at our hotel I wore my pantyhose with shorts too as I did while walking the promenade of the village. The next morning at breakfast in bright sunlight was more difficult, but nobody cared. Only one young waitress who did wear firm support pantyhose as well, recognized my hosiery. From that time (in the year 2000) I always wore shorts with my hosiery from May to October, even as a freelancer for a local newspaper.
I won't wait so many years again with my bras. Most important is that your girlfriend/wife supports you (no pun intended) unless you're living alone.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
This must be a really close knit group in here. With all my comments I have only gotten a hand full of responses.
I must not be in the club.......
This forum has helped me a lot about accepting what has happened to me. I thank you for that.
This is my last post.

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
This must be a really close knit group in here. With all my comments I have only gotten a hand full of responses.
This forum has helped me a lot about accepting what has happened to me. I thank you for that.
This is my last post.
Don't give up Gotboobs.  I am sure people aren't ignoring you, it is just a coincidence.   I find everyone here to be very excepting of everyone.  You are part of the team here.
Redfox 🦊

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Gotgyne absolutely agree. Just like anything when the people before them show them how it isn’t so bad the people in the now can be more comfortable knowing it isn’t a just me thing or perverse thing. That was my biggest issue in accepting not just wearing bras but easing in to other attires. Any time I look up anything of any sort as to why a guy would wear this or want to or what have you it was never a matter or article of comfort or just general preference. It’s always just crossdressing, fetish, etc. always making it seem like guys who wear this stuff is sexualizing the reason. Which for me deterred me from having any encouragement to give it a go and was key to me leaving here the first time when I got fed up for the wrong reasons for the conversations becoming what they were. So I hope this forum and others like it provide a safe space for men particularly with sizable breasts that aren’t just a little fat on the chest but legitimate breasts that need support find comfort in support both wearing and conversations. 

Got boobs I at times feel the same but I don’t think it’s any club of sorts. And am sorry if you feel compelled to exit as a result of it. I think often comments just get made to a recent comment rather one that may be a few back. I have always enjoyed your comments and if you choose to stay around. Messages are always open if you care to chat. 

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Yes , please stay. The bigger the base the more connections we have. It allows for a wide dissemination of valuable knowledge along with tips and tricks we need to learn for concealment or social defense of gynecomastia 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
This is my last post.
Don't give up Gotboobs.  I am sure people aren't ignoring you, it is just a coincidence.  I find everyone here to be very excepting of everyone.  You are part of the team here.
Definitely part of the club, and your posts are very interesting. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024