Author Topic: Others embarrassed when you are not  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Those newer here might not know I have large breasts and wide hips since puberty. 
Born intersex and kind of raised both ways as a tomboy first and then as a male about 17ish. I did 45 years of boy-mode because it was expected of me. 

I now live in girl-mode (hey, I have a uterus). 
The medical day-centre I attend for services doesn't like the fact I'm in girl-mode and has posted a very strict androgynous dress code for me. It's a requirement to continue attending. 

Today was quite odd....

This morning a participant looks over at me and says, "hey, you got boobies!"

I smiled and responded, "half the world population does!"

Staff around us just listened in with their eyes bugged out, the conversation was reported to management. 🙄

The social worker already came to talk to me about it. 

She asked if I was okay after the comment and I said, "yes of course."

She asked if I did anything to provoke the attention and I said "I did not, my breasts are going to be visible regardless."

I am dressed per the "dress code" and my hair is up in a ponytail as required so she isn't sure what else I could do to prevent the attention, but they will have another management meeting. 

It's amazing how worried the centre is about my assets being noticed. 🙄
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

Next door in NM, this wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. 

For alot of folks here, we just dont think about it or "deal" with it in any other way than its there, so what. 

There are pockets of the hard template users, but the political prose in NM is enough to say, who the hell cares? 

Offline Justagirl💃

I have seriously been considering moving across the state line into NM for exactly this reason. 🙂

Offline Justagirl💃

We both got off with a warning. She was informed of my "medical condition", and we were both told that conversations about "boobies" are not permitted since this is a Christian establishment. They also demanded that we apologise to each other. 

Funny how such an innocent comment can cause so much trouble. 🙄

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
What a ridiculous situation.

So apparently, Christians aren't allowed to talk about boobs to anyone of any faith. I am so sorry that you have to continuously suffer from such outdated attitudes.

Offline Justagirl💃

What a ridiculous situation.

So apparently, Christians aren't allowed to talk about boobs to anyone of any faith. I am so sorry that you have to continuously suffer from such outdated attitudes.
"Puritan values" of the southland here. 🙄

Funny that God created me this way, they should take their argument to the source. 🤔

I didn't ask to be a DDD/G, but I am quite proud of them. It's the centre that seems to have the problem with it.

Offline taxmapper

It blows me away that the "puritan Values" as such in many places that talk of sex is VERBOTEN!, yet the bible states clearly that God's first commandment to Adam (and Eve or Lilith ) was..
GO HAVE SEX AND MAKE BABIES!!!! 

And in fact in the Jewish version that Lilith was banished over her sexual domination attitude. 

We get babies through sex. 

God made sex something we desire because we continue to make more babies as a result.   

Yet, we cant talk about out bodies because someone thinks its sinful? 

Offline gotgyne

... we were both told that conversations about "boobies" are not permitted since this is a Christian establishment.
If you were here, you could see me with my mouth wide open. It took me a while to get it closed again. You won't believe how glad I am that I've said "goodbye" to my Christian church 40 years ago.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

It blows me away that the "puritan Values" as such in many places that talk of sex is VERBOTEN!, yet the bible states clearly that God's first commandment to Adam (and Eve or Lilith ) was..
GO HAVE SEX AND MAKE BABIES!!!!

And in fact in the Jewish version that Lilith was banished over her sexual domination attitude.

We get babies through sex.

God made sex something we desire because we continue to make more babies as a result. 

Yet, we cant talk about out bodies because someone thinks its sinful?
I'm planning a trip to Albuquerque to visit a medical centre much like this one but hopefully not as strict. 

Offline taxmapper

Offline blad

Don't abandon ones Christian faith over imperfect messengers. We all know there is a ton of hypocrisy out there but that is due to human shortfalls and not due to an imperfect god. Pray for the hypocrites to have the "logs" removed from their eyes instead.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Justagirl💃

The other participant and I were talking today and we both agree that this centre is just too stuffy with their ultra conservative values. 

She meant no harm by her comment nor did I take it wrong, but the management is just so concerned about looking around to determine "what might be a sin."

It's just too stuffy here. 

Offline taxmapper

There will always be the bigots of every stripe n matter where you go. 

If its down near UNM then youll be surprised to the way people hold themselves here. 
DT Abq. and Santa Fe are strongly Pride inclusive and and even though I don't participate in the Pride stuff, you may be surprised to the approach taken. 

As for the Christian nature, this is a true statement that its a form of bigotry that is truly un-Christian like. 

There are other aspects involved, but you will probably not find it here. 

And go to Old town for New Mexican Food. (La Placitas Restaurant) 
don't go to Sadie's. 

Little Anita's is ok, but Bruno's and Los Quartes are closer to original. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Birdie, whatever decision you make about the possibility of a move just make sure you are comfortable with the decision.  Rash decisions based on emotions can easily be regretted later.
Redfox 🦊

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024