Author Topic: Growing?  (Read 2725 times)

Offline 40Cofficeguy89

• Posting Member
I'd like to get a second opinion on something. This morning, my wife commented that my bust looks bigger and that I seem to be filling out my cup and getting more cleavage. I don't think I am, though. I've actually lost about 8 more pounds since the first picture (the green one) was taken late summer. The second picture (the blue one) was taken this morning.

Offline taxmapper

To be honest i would need to see you in the same bra. 
Two diff. bras will hold differently. 

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I would have to agree with Taxmapper.  That said, you may be based on the pictures but only you can tell for sure. 
Again the bras hold and shape differently, so it may appear larger because of that.

Offline 40Cofficeguy89

• Posting Member
I will take a picture with the same green one later today after work. The green one has a push-up lift, while the blue one is more padded and supportive. Both have underwire though.

Offline Busty

Generally, when we, and women, lose weight, we lose less in our breasts than in other places so that by comparison, our breasts look larger than before the weight loss. 

Offline Johndoe1

Remember that cup volume is the same between a 42C and a 38DD. Only the letter changes. A 42D cup is not the same size as a 38D cup.

Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Busty

Remember that cup volume is the same between a 42C and a 38DD. Only the letter changes. A 42D cup is not the same size as a 38D cup.
Such a good point. You know bras better than most women do. 

Offline Johndoe1

Such a good point. You know bras better than most women do.
I have been told that by several women and fitters. 

Offline Busty

I have been told that by several women and fitters.

Isn’t it wonderful how some bra fitters go out of their way to teach us all about bras. Their actions say  they know we need to be wearing bras as much as any woman. And they believe it is right for us to be wearing bras for the rest of our lives.  However, they know we didn’t have the earlier opportunities to learn about  bras that most women have. 

Offline Johndoe1

Isn’t it wonderful how some bra fitters go out of their way to teach us all about bras. Their actions say  they know we need to be wearing bras as much as any woman. And they believe it is right for us to be wearing bras for the rest of our lives.  However, they know we didn’t have the earlier opportunities to learn about  bras that most women have.
I have two fitters who I completely trust. And both have said men with gynecomastia should be wearing bras for the same reason women do. They have breast tissue that needs to be supported and cared for good health. I feel very lucky to have found a fitter in the beginning willing to take the time to teach me. She was more concerned about doing what was right for me than just selling me an expensive bra and sending me on my way like many major retailers do.

She recognized my chest was not a male chest but a female chest with mammary tissue and adipose and needed the same attention as any woman and should be treated as such. The fitter I go to now treats me the same way. 

This attention to detail also gave me added confidence because I had the knowledge of what to do and how to do it. Not only physically being comfortable through proper support and containment but as well as how to dress my chest for the best appearance of my chest the same as any woman does. And I have found that fitters appreciate customers who know what they need and want and can talk to them in the vocabulary best to do that than try and make them figure it out for you. They understand bra shopping is not your normal thing and are trying to make the experience a pleasant one. They are more understanding and more attentive to your particular needs and desires. You've met them halfway with the knowledge. 

And women are as obsessed with their chests as we are, just opposite of us. Bust and hips are their calling cards. That's why they can be hypersensitive about them and fuss over them so. 

I didn't ask for such a womanly trait but since I have them, I am going to make the best of it. Knowledge is power. And I am better off because of it. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
And women are as obsessed with their chests as we are, just opposite of us. Bust and hips are their calling cards. That's why they can be hypersensitive about them and fuss over them so.
Absolutely! It's amazing how many girls are dissatisfied with the butt and hips. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline AlfaQ

• Bronze Member
It's lovely to hear about experiences JohnDoe. My journey is really only just starting but I think I have found some shops that will take good care of me in the years ahead. You soon learn to distinguish the experts from those eager just to make a sale. My knowledge has grown such that I  have provided fitting advice to a beauty therapist I visit.  She was just guessing her size and had all the problems  associated with slipping straps and loose underbands. 

Offline BlueToo

That's interesting AlfaQ. I've had the same experience with my wife. 

When I first started wearing a bra I was hugely embarrassed. We had discussed it way prior but I was too reticent to ask for her advice. I did tons of research (Reddit's A Bra That Fits was very helpful) and educated myself. Through trial and error I was able to equip myself with bras that functioned well, fit well and looked good. She was happy that I had found a path forward and was comfortable and happy. She has zero issues with my bra wearing. None. 

At that time my wife was deep into menopause and having issues. She also did the classic mistake of too loose band and too small cups. As time went along, I grew more confident, enough so that I started giving advice. Gently at first because we all have an ego, and this is a historically female thing that men wouldn't understand. After many talks and some measuring and comparing she went from 38 DDD bras to 34G and is thrilled. 

She really doesn't have anyone to have these discussions with. Her mom has passed, she would never with our daughter and has no friends she would be comfortable enough with. So, I am now her bra consultant. We discuss all things bra in depth, quite frequently. I understand what she's going through and what she needs. She's particular. She vastly prefers cotton (It's a skin feel thing) and has had issues with the feel of underwires. We looked and found a bunch of cotton and modal soft cup bras that are working really well. We've also been able to find underwires that she can wear when the mood strikes her. All because she didn't reject me but loved me, accepted me, and found a way to incorporate a male taboo into our healthy relationship. We are both better for it. 

It's not one sided either. She is my bra fitter as well. She recommended padded bras for cold weather when my nipples were absolutely killing me. She regularly measures me to make sure I'm still in the correct size. She is first to tell me to put on a bra when she knows I should be wearing one but didn't for some reason. "It's just a piece of cloth. It doesn't make you a woman. Stop worrying about it". 

She constantly thanks me for being there for her. She's actually happy to have a knowledgeable husband who is always ready to have bra discussions with her and can offer good advice. If that's because her husband also wears a bra then so be it. She asks my advice on every bra she buys now. We shop frequently though most of her purchases are online due to her size. Mine too for that matter for the same reason. 

So, if there are any ladies with husbands or boyfriends who are bra wearers and are reading this, please understand that we can be a great resource. We generally have the male mindset of 'research it til the info is running out our ears. As bra wearers ourselves we tend to understand what you want and need. Don't shame him, talk to him. Intimate discussions like these are wonderful ways to bring couples closer together. If you take advantage of them. My wife did and she's never been happier. She understands my wants and needs and now has someone very close to her who understands her wants and needs and with whom she can talk all things bra. It's a unique and ultimately very satisfying relationship for those who embrace the changes that come into all our lives. Because the only constant is change. 

First post and man, I am long winded. My apologies. I just had to get that....off my chest!

Offline Busty

What an inspiring story, and well worth the long read. Welcome. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Gold Member
Lovely journey for you both. Not long winded at all when it’s filled with so much detail of a wonderful path you both have made for eachother in understanding, patience and helping. Hope the path forward continues being a great one for you both 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024