Author Topic: Doctor's visit update. or: Why we still cant get people to grasp this  (Read 32435 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1878
  • When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
FYI, 

Medical providers and staff are not allowed to discriminate against you because of having gynecomastia or any related condition. Discrimination in healthcare based on medical conditions, including gynecomastia, is unethical and often illegal.

Under laws like the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other healthcare regulations in the United States, patients have the right to receive care without discrimination based on physical or medical conditions. Gynecomastia, which is the enlargement of male breast tissue, is a medical condition, and healthcare providers are expected to treat patients with respect, dignity, and equal care regardless of their condition.

If you feel you have been discriminated against due to gynecomastia or any other health issue, you can report it to:

The healthcare facility’s patient advocacy or complaint department
State medical boards or health departments
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline WPW717

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 693
The mammogram was done & no indications of a cancer. The technician was a middle aged female, pleasant but was showing an attitude of ‘ oh, another male with a worry about boobs that are nothing more than fat.’ That until I disrobed & her eyes took it in. Small shift in attitude & then a real interest & the genetic discussion.  I don’t think anyone would have detected this without being in the healthcare field for a long time. Her understanding of the genetic process was good & she was truly mystified by no HER or BRCA mutations but did understand the CHEK 2 mutation for cancer. She had seen this profile before but it was rare. She got the radiologist & he was able to access older studies. No significant changes. He was giving an in-depth understanding of the symptoms & flatly stated this condition has no guidance or protocol for physicians. I left feeling very good as he remarked that he was happy to do repeat studies when any hormonal changes were detected. Completely opposite of the WA radiology docs who always cancelled the oncologist orders.
Happy I left the state, & not for this reason alone.
Regards, Bob

Offline Justagirl💃

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1878
  • When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
The mammogram was done & no indications of a cancer. The technician was a middle aged female, pleasant but was showing an attitude of ‘ oh, another male with a worry about boobs that are nothing more than fat.’ That until I disrobed & her eyes took it in. Small shift in attitude & then a real interest & the genetic discussion.  I don’t think anyone would have detected this without being in the healthcare field for a long time. Her understanding of the genetic process was good & she was truly mystified by no HER or BRCA mutations but did understand the CHEK 2 mutation for cancer. She had seen this profile before but it was rare. She got the radiologist & he was able to access older studies. No significant changes. He was giving an in-depth understanding of the symptoms & flatly stated this condition has no guidance or protocol for physicians. I left feeling very good as he remarked that he was happy to do repeat studies when any hormonal changes were detected. Completely opposite of the WA radiology docs who always cancelled the oncologist orders.
Happy I left the state, & not for this reason alone.
Getting "seen" in the South seems to be a breeze. I have never had a problem. 
My only problem has been attitude as I live dead centre of the bible belt, and intersex is a sensitive subject. They just don't know what to do with me. 

Things range from disgust to curiosity, even among the medical professionals. I will admit that most of the people are quite pleasant, it's just that the loud ones are in management. The day-centre comes up with all kinds of ME specific rules that I must follow including no tank tops (everyone else can wear them). God forbid someone would see my bra band under my arm! I am not allowed to discuss my condition to any participant either. Everything must remain as far under the radar as possible. Couple that with "devotional services" every Thursday where guest ministers or choirs are invited in and a "call to salvation" is a reoccurring thing regardless of my own personal beliefs. The south has its benefits and notable problems as well.  

Offline taxmapper

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1112
Standard "physical" (general check) went well. Nothing unusual and much the chagrin of others, I am perfectly healthy. 

So, I troop onward and show bustyness. 



 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2026