Author Topic: caffeine and alcohol  (Read 8878 times)

Offline deskjet444

• Bronze Member
ive had 2 surgeries now and my gyno keeps seeming to grow back slowly. i went to an endocrinologist before my 2nd surgery and he said all my hormone levels were fine. so im thinking the caffeine and alcohol is causing my gyno to grow back. i guess caffeine raises estrogen or somethin like that. my question is if my gyno is growing back due to caffeine and alcohol then would tamoxifen or raloxifene help to reduce this? any info is greatly appreciated.

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
 :o
If i were you, i'd go to another endocrinologist for a second opinion.

Puzzling....

Offline deskjet444

• Bronze Member
thats what im going to do when i get some health insurance

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not know about any link to caffeine.

Alcohol is another matter and it could be effecting you in several different ways. One of the common causes of Gynecomastia is liver problems and alcohol is very hard on the liver. Another possibility is that the alcohol could be acting directly upon the testicles and adversely effecting the Androgen/Estrogen balance.

Perhaps Hypo will weigh in here, He has much more good information on the subject than anyone else of which I know.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
Alcohol packs on extra fat like nobody's business, so it's very possible that some fat is accumulating around the gland to make it appear larger, that's all I can think of.  I'm a 3rd year biology major and pretty sure caffeine should have no adverse affects on hormonal levels. However, I found this scientific paper on women and caffeine:  "Women who consumed at least 500 milligrams of caffeine daily, the equivalent of four or five cups of coffee, had nearly 70% more estrogen during the early follicular phase than women consuming no more than 100 mg of caffeine daily, or less than one cup of coffee." That sounds like a stretch to be affecting you the same way, but its possible. I would limit caffeine intake if you're worried. Sorry about your situation bro, that sounds frustrating. Best of luck- J.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 05:11:29 PM by Sir_Puffs-a-lot »

Offline notanymore

• Posting Member
did you have excision?

If all of the gland is removed, it wont reoccur...most surgeons dont excise all of the gland......

I still think you should see another endocrinologist....

Offline deskjet444

• Bronze Member
here is the link about caffeine and estrogen http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=caffeine+raises+estrogen&btnG=Google+Search

i had my liver functions checked a little over a year ago and they were completely fine so i dont think that is why its gowing back. and i also dont think  by me gaining weight it is growing back because i have been gaining weight, but recently have been losing the weight again and the gyno looks the same if not worse now that ive lost some weight.

i am going to get another surgery i guess and can i demand they do excision? the first 2 times i didnt get excision i think because they said it wasnt sever enough.

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
Updating this thread and others to knock "admin." threads to the second page.
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024