Author Topic: Finasteride - quick response needed  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hypo and spaceace both gave excellent advise which I would gladly second. An Endocrinologist specializing in reproductive issues is you best bet.

This is not a safe place for do-it-yourself medicine. You could, in fact, make things even worse.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:12:59 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline lessofarockstar

• Posting Member
alright, thanks guys. I appreciate your help.

I asked my gp to see an endocrinoligist, and he said that i could, but that i would have to wait like 2 months  >:(

I guess i will have to do that. It's just so frustrating to feel the tingle and itch (which at least in my mind means growth) and not being able to do anything.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Sent you a PM.

Tamoxifen will resolve this.....go to an online pharmacy and order it now!!!!Once the gland speards out and become fibrous instead of the hard ball....you are f*cked.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:23:53 AM by markashleigh1979 »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Sent you a PM.

Tamoxifen will resolve this.....go to an online pharmacy and order it now!!!!Once the gland speards out and become fibrous instead of the hard ball....you are f*cked.

And what exactly tells you that he has an estradiol issue?

Point out where you have seen a blood level indicating high E2 and the need for a doctor to prescribe an anti estrogen or why he should self medicate.

He took finasteride.  The method of action is in the lowering of dihydrotestosterone (DHT).  So the gynecomastia is most likely caused by a low total level of androgens NOT a high level of estradiol or estrogens.

If he has a normal level of estradiol and lowers the actions of such at the receptor sites via a SERM medication he could easily end up with fatigue, lowered libido, erection difficulties and poor thyroid function.

I am willing to accept any information that shows my take on this to be wrong, but please provide it.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 06:44:51 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
You shouldn't have to wait 2 months but take the appointment anyway.  When you speak to the endocrinologist's reception they may book you an appointment earlier than for 2 months from now.

In the mean time, find another GP for this issue FAST.  You are experiencing pain in the breasts making this an urgent matter.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024