Author Topic: about chicken... myth or..?  (Read 7298 times)

Offline yohan_globus

• Posting Member
there is a saying in my country that people who eat lots of chicken will eventually develop breasts... I was wondering if there was even proven a connection between gyne and any specific foods

thanks

Offline tittyman111

• Bronze Member
come on now....MYTH!

weed/booze=gyno...not food.
food can cause fat but not gland gyno

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Yohan: I've heard the same thing. It's because of the massive amounts of hormones and crap that's being pumped into these chickens.

When we eat them, those hormones get into us.  >:(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:00:17 AM by jc71 »

Offline Hypo-is-here

There is no serious connection between foods and gynecomastia, but I wouldn't use the term MYTH.

I would use that term when referring to Sylla and Charybdis, Hermes, Calypso the Medusa etc  ;D

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I heard if you walk anti clock wize round a chicken naked thirteen times, it will not have that effect. ;D

On a serious note if you eat tons of fried chicken your chest will enlarge but it will be fat. I have chicken sandwiches most days ,haven't noticed anything.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The issue of food caused Gynecomastia comes up here often. People do not seem to be able to accept the fact that a certain percentage of us will have the condition no matter what we eat. So, they try to put blame on anything for their condition.

I think that Gynecomastia should always be investigated because (while it is not a disease in itself) it can sometimes be an important symptom of several diseases.

Sometimes people even suggest that dairy products might cause Gynecomastia. Nothing could be much further from the truth, High levels of Estrogen actually suppresses lactation in dairy animals.

Eat a varied diet. You likely have more important things to worry about.
Grandpa Dan

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
My brothers and I all have/had gyne.  I think it has to do with genetics as well as the food we eat.  I sure don't enjoy knowing that a lot of the foods I eat are from animals that were bred at an accelerated rate through use of chemicals.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 06:34:01 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
My brothers and I all have/had gyne.  I think it has to do with genetics as well as the food we eat.  I sure don't enjoy knowing that a lot of the foods I eat are from animals that were bred at an accelerated rate through use of chemicals.

You bring up a point I wonder about.  My brother has it too.  My 3 year old son is skinny as hell, but has puffy nips  (My brother and I are both stocky). Did your brothers do anything about it?  Did your old man have it?  No one else in my family but my brother and I have it and we have have it since we were toddlers.  I ask, because I often wondered if it was something we ate as kids. I assume government cheese is safe:) But now that my son has it, I can't make that assumption.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The condition runs in my family as well. Concurrently, The women in the family all have very large breasts.

Only one family member has considered breast reduction surgery and that was my youngest daughter. She has decided to wait until her child bearing years are over for two reasons. First of all the fact is that they sometimes re-grow and the second is that she may wish to breast feed and does not want to mess up the milk machinery.

Offline marctrex

• Posting Member
there is a saying in my country that people who eat lots of chicken will eventually develop breasts... I was wondering if there was even proven a connection between gyne and any specific foods

This is a myth.  

Chicken does not increase your estrogen levels.  There is an urban legend that poultry farmers give their chickens estrogen to increase their breast size so that the chicken breasts are bigger.  This is ridiculous a chicken breast is not the chicken's breasts, it's the chicken's entire torso.

Tofu contains far more estrogen than most other foods, but the majority of estrogen in a male's body is not derived from food regardless of their diet.  It is derived from testosterone.  The aromatase enzyme which lives in the fatty tissue converts testosterone to estrogen.

Food has a trival effect on your hormonal balance.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member

This is a myth.  

Chicken does not increase your estrogen levels.  There is an urban legend that poultry farmers give their chickens estrogen to increase their breast size so that the chicken breasts are bigger.  This is ridiculous a chicken breast is not the chicken's breasts, it's the chicken's entire torso.

Tofu contains far more estrogen than most other foods, but the majority of estrogen in a male's body is not derived from food regardless of their diet.  It is derived from testosterone.  The aromatase enzyme which lives in the fatty tissue converts testosterone to estrogen.

Food has a trival effect on your hormonal balance.

I believe there are a lot of hormones in our food, but to thik estrogen would make a chicken "breast" bigger is silly.  SInce the breast is more of a pec, and I have never heard of anyone taking estrogen to grow muscle.  So, I agree with you on that.  However, I question weather or not we get hormones through food.  People take oral steroids, so if there was unnatural steroid levels in food, how far fetched is it to think they would be absorbed by those who eat the food? Unless heat (cooking) destorys the hormones.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:00:11 AM by jones357 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024