Author Topic: Topic: NHS Surgery for gyne ??? can it be a succes  (Read 7200 times)

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
stonecold

Have you sought a second opinion from any other surgeons since you last saw Mr Levick?  Has your GP seen your result to date?

How do you intend to move this situation forward?

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Phantom, yes ive seen my GP who has been treating me since i developed gyne and he is not impressed with my results.  Ive seen other surgeons and am communicating with them now regarding a revision. I will post more on this once ive decided what im doing but currently its difficult for me as im still paying off the 1st one and also i really need to be able to trust that the surgeon will do what they promise. I need to make the right choice this time around.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Best wishes to you stonecold

I hope you can finally reach some kind of 'end point' soon.  I'll be seeing Mr Levick next Wednesday to discuss the possibility of a touch-up around the lower area of the pectoral area.  I could be back under the knife before the end of the month.  Here's hoping!

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Phantom best of luck to you mate. What is it about the lower fullness and us Levick patients ??? Please let us know how you get on.

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
yeah good luck mate.

everyone seems to talk about dr levick, is he  "the man" to see?
is he based up north? im in london so i would really want a doc close by. can anybody recommend one?

in a previous post  someone made a comment about being "robbed of years", i can really identify with that (i expect most of us do)
its nice to talk to fellow sufferers who really understand what its like to drag this ball and chain around with you everyday of your life!
i dream of standing topless on a sandy beach with the waves lapping at my feet watching the sunset.....ahhhh

oh well, moan over!

all the best.  :)

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello Tazz

Alex Karidis is a name mentioned from time to time from the London area.  Google him and you will get to his website.

The only point I'd make is that distance should be a lesser of a concern and getting the right surgeon to do the work is the first priority, then distance, then price.

I live near Manchester and whilst I could have found a surgeon up here, I decided to go with Levick in Birmingham - and I'm glad I did.

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
cheers phantom, ill check his site out.  ;D

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
just to let you all know since i made this post i have had the op (lipo and incision) in Poland
and im 5 weeks post op with a much nicer chest :D
thanks to all you guys here again :)
sod the NHS never again.
MRSA infested flea pits!  >:(

Poland Rules  ;D
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline DJB

• Posting Member
I've changed my mind about the NHS for gyne operations. I had one 2 1/2 years ago and I used to think that it was a pretty reasonable job. But now having had a revision by a semi private PS I can reflect a bit, compare it... and say in actual fact the NHS job stank.

Reasons why the NHS stinks like that old white dog poo you always used to see as a kid:

1. The wait and the torment. Having to convince my GP for the need for surgery. Waiting 4 months to see if a surgeon would even give me a consultation. Then having to convince him of the necessity of me having to have the op. Waiting another 6 months with no real guarantee's and a slightly uneasy feeling.

2. Finally getting to the big day and finding out that the surgeon the hospital had contracted in to do the job was a general surgeon NOT a PS.

3. The put off's all the way through from every person in the NHS I met with. Gyne is hard to deal with as it is without having some kiss arse who really just wants to save a few coffers by getting you to back out, and telling you all manner of things that could go wrong in a rather condescending fashion.

4. The surgeon being totally unflexible. You have this done it will be gland excision with no lipo. I will not remove all of it. You could lose a nipple. Are you sure you want to go ahead with this?

5. The surgeon being true to his word and not removing all of it  :-/

6. The absolute piss take that I just had an amazing revision op done on Taiwan's NHS after a 7 day waiting list  :o and got Taipei's top PS to perform the op including lipo at a slight extra cost of about 200 quid. What the hell is going on in England?

lopher

BEST POST I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS FORUM!

I just had my op done just shy of 2 weeks ago on the NHS and everything you mentioned hit home on my entire experience.  I waited roughly a year from seeing my GP to the op, which I'm told is quite good for the NHS.  You are so right with them scare mongering you, when I met with the surgeon I left his office having doubts and was basically terrified of ending up deformed.  He tried to tell me he can hardly see a problem and he doesn't think there is any gland there.  Under both nipples I have rock hard lumps pushing the nipples out.  He said he recomends just lipo.  I was adement that lipo wouldn't do it, I had be very underweight with the problem still visable, I new I needed excision, he agreed.  On the day of the op he came round again and said am I sure I want excision not just lipo, we agreed excision and lipo.  I wake up from the op in the recovery room, the surgeon was not there but the Doctors first words were "we just did liposuction, thats all that was needed".  I said what about the gland, they said the surgeon took it out with the lipo.  I had a very unconfident feeling from then onwards.  So obviously here I am just under 2 weeks later with a much smaller chest due to at being removed, but what do you know still with nipples that stick out like cones and sag, with rock hard lumps behined them!.

Thats 2 weeks from the gym I've missed, a week from work I've missed and plenty of pain and not being able to move around like normal and for what? I was dieting losing that fat myself.  I am fuming angry.  It was agreed I'd have excision.  The worste part was, they discharged me without the surgeon or anyone for that matter even coming round to talk to me.

Its not till feb 20th that I go back to see the surgeon again now.  I think I will punch him unless he does a suitable revision there and then!

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
sorry to hear that DLB :(
you must be gutted.
ive read a few recent success storys about the NHS but ive read a whole load of bad things also.
Good luck with your meeting with the surgeon and make sure you tell him that your angry that he wasted time and money by only doing half the op.
Id consider writing a complaint also.

Offline outertrial

Ive been pounding my head against the NHS brick wall for over a year. Ive had 4 consults with 2 different PS's and will have to go back again for another consult at my GPs behest to ask them to persuade my PCT to provide funding. Honestly Im totally fed up with the lot of them, and what a total waste of their time!

The first guy was pretty hopeless, the 2nd guy seemed alright, Ive just had a consult with a Spanish PS called Jesus Benito that was excellent and made me think I dont want NHS surgery after all. So it looks lile Im doing the surgery abroad thing, just got to find the 2500GBP now to go to Barcelona.

I agree with everything Lopher said, if youve got the cash its worth it just to avoid the stress and uncertainty the NHS will put you through. The staff are very nice but the system just doesnt work.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
well idid the POLAND route and it cost me £1500 including flights and taxis
best decision i ever made
if you want to discuss this im willing to help anyone pm me your msn addy and we can discuss this further.
Ive no regrets

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024