Author Topic: Pre- Pre-Op Questions?  (Read 4735 times)

mikeyfive0

While in the process of finding a physician to perform my surgery...I stumbled upon a few before and after pics of gyno surgery patients. I was a little disappointed to see that the after pics were not all that different from the before pics. Can anyone tell me what I can actually expect from having this surgery? Will my juggs finally be gone or just a tad bit smaller?

Also what should I expect to pay for the surgery, and does anyone know of a good MD in Colorado?

Summers coming and these ape hangers gotta go!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
The PS's get criticized for taking too much out as often as they do for leaving too much in. Revision surgery is common.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bodybuilder, jc71, you have good points. Yeah, I've also heard that you can have a concave looking chest if the surgeon takes out too much :o. That's where the skill of the surgeon comes in. He/she must know exactly how much to take out. Yes, you must do your homework on the person that will be cutting into your chest. Ask to see B&A pics of his/her patients. Ask how many Gyne proceedures they do on a yearly basis. If you choose a surgeon who is skilled in Gyne removal, you should be satisfied with the results. Your moobs should be a thing of the past...

Have a look at my before and after pics ( linky in my Sig ), a big difference IMHO.... ;)

Full cost of the proceedure is approx $3000.

Good Luck with your surgery...

John.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 10:26:18 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

While in the process of finding a physician to perform my surgery...I stumbled upon a few before and after pics of gyno surgery patients. I was a little disappointed to see that the after pics were not all that different from the before pics. Can anyone tell me what I can actually expect from having this surgery? Will my juggs finally be gone or just a tad bit smaller?

Also what should I expect to pay for the surgery, and does anyone know of a good MD in Colorado?

Summers coming and these ape hangers gotta go!

You can see many before and after pictures here. If you follow the grey arrows and look at the entire male chest sculpture section, you will get a good idea of what my surgery can typically accomplish.

We vary the price of our surgery depending on the degree of the deformity and difficulty of the sculpture.  Prices also vary from doctor to doctor and around the world.

The PS's get criticized for taking too much out as often as they do for leaving too much in. Revision surgery is common.

The revision rate for my gynecomastia sculpture is probabley less than one percent, much lower than what has been published in the literature.  Actually I have needed to revise only one of my own patients chests, although I have revised many from other doctors' surgical attempts.  That one patient had breasts so large that a single stage resection was too much for safety reasons.  I know of only a few of my patients who have gone to other doctors for revision.  One of those came back to me asking me to restore my prior result as the next doctor left him with crater defects that looked terrible.  Unfortunately it is easier to take away than put back and I had nothing to offer that individual.  I see many patients after surgery by other doctors with chest over-resections or as I call it being "sucked dry."  For some, remaining adjacent fat can be used for reconstruction with my extended fat flaps.  Although revision surgery can help many, I prefer techniques that take care of the deformity initially.  You can see examples of the crater deformities from other doctors here and here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 02:18:44 AM by DrBermant »

Offline jc71

revision rate of less than 1 percent?  I would have though it would be have been much higher than that. What is wrong about the published literature?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
revision rate of less than 1 percent?  I would have though it would be have been much higher than that.

Yeah, considering that most people are never satisfied. ;D ;D ;D

DrBermant

revision rate of less than 1 percent?  I would have though it would be have been much higher than that. What is wrong about the published literature?

The rate of revision surgery in many plastic surgery articles about gynecomastia has a typically much higher revision rate than what I have experienced for my primary chest sculpture.  For the number of patients I see from other doctors for revision, that higher revision rate reported in the literature is probably accurate.

The actual revision rate from doctor to doctor will vary.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline jc71

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024