Author Topic: Post Op Question  (Read 1181 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hello
I am scheduled for a glandular excision on September 5th. I was thinking of recovering at a relatives nice relaxing home after the surgery. However, they live 2.5 hours away. Would it be safe/cool to lay in the backseat or whatever and drive this far after surgery?

Also, I plan on staying at their place for 5 days. Will I be 'back to normal' as you put it by then? I have a fairly mild case and am prolly just getting an excision. Would I be able to go to a concert 6 days after the op.?

Thanks

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Couple things here.

When your that drugged up. Time flys by when your having fun. Believe me, after you wake up, youll be so drugged up and happy. I remember singing "Follow the leader leader leader Follow the leader" becase we had to follow my moms boyfriend outta the hospital cause we were lost. My mom and gf were so confused lol. I dont know, stupid story, point is youll be drugged. And as long as your not driving there and comfortable in the back seat then I really dont see a problem with it. What I did was had my gf in the back while I layed on her lap.

As of 5 days post op and pain, I couldnt say. Everyone is different.  At 5 days post op you probably wont feel any pain for no reason, but if you do lift your arms above your head very quickly or put alot of pressure on it, then its gonna hurt a bit. But other then that you should be ok. Hell, 2 days post op I went to the movies to see Clerks 2. lol

About the concert, if you dont mind me asking... is it a metal concert? If so then I think you should highly reconsider going, if you still want to go here are some words of advice..."STAY OUTTA THE MOSH PIT" lol

Good luck bro.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024