Author Topic: 2 surgeries/androgel....now what?  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Hypo-is-here

Sorry Hypo I don't read your entire post or even much of it because I'm not replying to you unless I quote you. They are just to long and may help a novice but I'm well schooled on the HPTA and steroids.  I also know Dr Scally's regime has worked for many people.  Your HPTA can be stuck forever after just one cycle and some people can cycle forever and it never happens, everyone is different

His Dr saw low T and put him directly on TRT, I said that is wrong and stand by it.

The fact of the matter is you have jumped to conclusions in your replies to knightboat.  You could be correct.  I felt the same way in terms of what you are saying- that it was a possibility.  But you should not make assertions regarding possibilities when you do not know all the relevant facts.

Also by not reading fully what has been said you compound the problem you have because you don't really know what is being said to you.  In turn you do not really know what it is that you are agreeing or disagreeing with.

That is why some of the things you said don't actually make sense.

Examples of this are where  I have stated something and then you stated the same thing and in doing so disagreed with me.

You know a bit granted, but a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing especially when you are jumping to conclusions and not reading what is in front of you.

The site/forum I have mentioned is one which has a far better reputation in this area of medicine.  The Meso forum does have quite a bit of history and controversy attached to it.  It has also been run by private interests and has been known at times for quite self interested censorship- things that cannot be said of

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2/

Tamoxifen is a much better drug to restart the HPTA than Clomid.  Besides the estrogenic and eye problems Clomid can cause  Tamoxifen has been shown to actually make the HPTA more sensitive and that's why bodybuilders have switched to it.  Clomid still has it's use but if both are available Tamox is the drug of choice.

Tamoxifen has poor androgenic action as far as SERMS go and is much poorer at re-starting the HPTA than GnRH therapy....actually ;)

It also has a very obvious and significant rebound effect and does nothing to combat elevations in blood estradiol or SHBG that can cause metabolic alterations responsible for suppressing the HPTA.

The idea of Tamoxifen being the leading choice drug to re-start the HPTA is highly questionable to say the least.

I'm well schooled on the HPTA and steroids

Are you though?

I know you have received treatment for steroid use (that suggests that your early education on them was not good).  I know that you will have gained some good information via treatment- but does the rest just stem from the MESO forum and the internet?

What have you read on the subject- give me titles.

Like I said you could be helpful here, but I still think you might be lacking a broader picture and you have jumped to conclusions and you don't read  what is in front of you.

P.S

I would recommend Dr Shippen ahead of Dr John if you can get to the Northern US.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:44:32 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline flex1appeal

i was on for 8 wks and it was deca....i was supposed to be doing 300mg a wk, but its a long story and i ended up taking 900mg a wk for 3-4 wks of the 8 wks

It's clear you were not very educated on steroids prior to using from what you said you took on your cycle. Deca is the worse thing to use solo. It kills your HPTA and shuts down your libido, hence the phrase "deca male thingy". It never ceases to amaze me how many people just take drugs they know nothing about. Hope the lesson was learned. Sorry if this sounds like a flame. It's just disappointing to hear these kind of things from people. Hypo has said it all so I won't regurgitate what has already been said. Good luck to you.

Offline Hypo-is-here

I'll continue to read what it is that people have to say and base my comments accordingly.

Knightboat- I hope you get decent help.

In all fairness I think you should do well with any of the doctors mentioned or a personal recommendation off either of the previously mentioned forums.

Offline knightboat

• Posting Member
ok just got my lab work in and these are the results:

SHBG       11   nmoL/L
FSH        <0.7L mIU/mL
LH          <0.2L mIU/mL
Prolactin  10.2 ng/mL
Estradiol   42 pg/mL
Cortisol
          Total     15 mcg/dL
          Free      1.28 mcg/dL
Total Test    1000 ng/dL
Free Test %  3.78
Free Test      378
DHT             167 ng/dL

Nothing has changed from this test and my last test in my dosage of androgel, any thoughts on the changes?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024