Author Topic: blood makes one puffy  (Read 11567 times)

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
my ps did that but i think she missed cause it looked flat then  puffed out real fast. I kno it doesnt fill up with fluid that fast so i think it was just suction that pulled it in and she missed. Im gonna see her again wednesday and hopefully she wont have to do that again =)

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
My PS had to go at me with a syringe to take a considerable amount of bloody fluid out of my right "breast". I'm still so numb I didn't feel a thing. Made it look better immediately. Said it would have taken a long time to heal otherwise if at all. Anyone out there start with one side bigger and have them eventually match up.

I am glad to hear your story, my left side is a lot bigger than my right.  I would be able to live with my right even if it didn't heal any more, but my left has the same contour that it had pre op.  If I press on the outside of my left pec, the other fills with fluid. So, I know it isn't fat. I am scared that if they don't take it out I will lose the benefit of the initial skin tightening that happens PO.  Since, my chest is larger than it should be, my skin won't retract enough.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 03:36:34 AM by jones357 »

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
thats why you wear the compression vest. I actually got hit and the right one is swollen...im probably gonna get it drained on wednesday.

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
I would suggest stopping all of this draining, and just try to be patient, always wear your vest, keep your chest area as inactive as possible, and let your body naturally heal itself from the trauma & absorb all the fluids.
June 23, 2006:
Direct Excision and Liposuction.
Performed by Dr. Wiener in Houston, Tx.

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member
I know all plastic surgeon's are different, but what are the chances that a PS will drain a swolen nipple area 6 weeks post op (the other side being fine) ?

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
im going by w/e the doc says. Right now, however, I think the swelling underneath the nipple has gone down. She said that she believes all the blood and fluids underneath would go away by wednesday in my case. We shall see..

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I have a fluid/blood sack deep beneath the skin.  It almost feels like it is under the muscle.  I can push on the outside of my nipple, and make a sack fill up near the center of my chest.  It all goes back once I let go. Does that sound anything you guys are dealing with?

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
ya i actually got it all drained today and they are both perfectly flat. Now to make sure it doesn't fill up again I'm wearing underarmor 24/7. Because I know if I do that the skin will tighten and I'll be nice and sexy. Besides that I got tons of muscle so underarmor looks nice =/

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
btw I got 15cc's of fluid drained =/ thats a large volume =/

Offline happyguy

• Posting Member
My doc said that the swelling is perfectly normal and that 3 weeks after the op it´s gonna start going away. I is actually a good sign, according to her, the body is starting to heal. Incidentally, three weeks after the op is also when I can start using body armour instead of the rather unsexy comp vest!

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I just got 20 cc's drained. I still am not totally flat, but it looks way better. It surprisingly didn't hurt.  The size of the plunger he first brought out almost made be faint.  Then he use a smaller one (10 CC), but had to fill it twice.  It now looks very much like my right side, so I am happier. I just have another issue for him to deal with, but that is off of my plate.

Offline flex1appeal

I saw my doctor first post op visit today and he told me the puffy nipples cause by fluid build up should go away in a few more weeks and this is normal. He suggested I start massaging some and I already have I told him. He said the nipples should lose the puffiness inside of 3-4 weeks tops. I am also still swollen underneath even though I can't feel it as I could last week.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
btw dont do contact sports and always wear some sort of compression! I had both sides puff up because I got hit played basketball--really bad idea. Now I got them drained and I wear my vest 24/7 except for my 2 minute showers =/ Right side is perfectly flat, but the left side juts barely sticks out. It's within the normal range though so I don't care. Couple more weeks and no more puffiness at all I hope.

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
I had three large syringes of blood taken out of my left breast this morning. The swelling was huge after surgery because I had a hematoma. The breast was filled with blood still after 3 weeks. It is now almost flat, but it looks like there may be more blood in there. I think that the rest will be absorbed over the next few weeks.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
ya thats how mine is...still a little puffy but its not anything embarrassing. Enough that I can be fine with waiting a few weeks for it to be absorbed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024