Author Topic: UK Channel 4 Gynecomastia Documentary - 18th Aug!  (Read 15792 times)

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
has anyone seen the trailer for Martin Clunes _ Doc Martin? He is a GP and a man shows him his breasts. Gyne seems to be popping out all over the TV schedules

Offline Pedro

• Anybody out there?
Yes, and it didnt give me a lot of faith in talking to my GP about gyno.

P.s. Thanks to channel 4, i now know i'm not alone, which was literally life saving.

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
Life saving?  Get a LIFE first!!! It's not like it's CANCER!!!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if you didn't know it wasn't cancer, it can be paralyzing, and life-destroying in far more undetectable and therefore insidious ways than any "real" cancer.  i never had a channel 4 revelation, i finally did web research last year.  i could have gone on in ignorance instead.  agree with pedro's description, the revelation is life saving.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline hypo

Just to put that john_loren's comments into perspective I actually found cancer, at least the first time around, was less psychologically disturbing than gynecomastia.

On the first occasion I had two thirds of my liver removed along with three tumors, the operation for which took ten and a half hours.

So John, I hope you can concede the point that some of these things are relative to the individual.  

Offline Dustin08

• Bronze Member
  • All men are created equal,and then some get breasts.
john_loren.....thats was beyond rude.....inconsiderate..do u have gyne?
maybe in his eyes it was life saving.....
its not easy to live with gyne.
sometimes emotional pain is worse than physical pain.

Offline the_dragon

• Posting Member
damn i'm in the US :-/ there no US documentary is there?

Actually there was  a 15-minute piece on Dateline or 20-20
a couple of years ago! They interviewed a few guys, a surgeon and showed before and after pics.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
tlc/learning channel had one and rebroadcast in recent months.  though probably didn't tell you more than you already knew.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Life saving?  Get a LIFE first!!! It's not like it's CANCER!!!

I have heard that cancer can be very painful. However, cancer is socially acceptable where as Gyne is not. When society doesn't accept you, you feel like an outcast which can be very painful at times. Especially in your teen years. Some kids ( adults also ) can be very cruel at times ( I speak from experience! ). Some of those with Gyne would rather be dead ( so I have read ) than to go one living with the disfigurement.

So 'john_loren', yes, knowing that there are others with Gyne and that there is a proceedure to correct the condition can be 'Life Saving'.

Don't judge someone else until you have worn their boots for a while!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 05:44:08 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Finrod

• Posting Member
Hey people, does anyone know if this program is for download at any place??? I'm from Argentina and i didn't really got a chance to see it. Looking forward to it though, so if anyones has it and could send it to me via internet y would greatly apreciatte, thanks a lot.

Offline hj67

Here is part of the documentary Boys with Breasts. Kinda bummed its only 3 minutes long though:
https://vimeo.com/3174056

Offline gbm

• Posting Member
john_loren.....thats was beyond rude.....inconsiderate..do u have gyne?
maybe in his eyes it was life saving.....
its not easy to live with gyne.
sometimes emotional pain is worse than physical pain.

“Emotional Pain”? From developing breasts?

What do you know of emotional pain? Try fighting for your life and the lives of the men you command in 7 different conflicts across the world. Try being shot, blown 30 feet through the air by a 120mm mortar. Try pulling an unexploded Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) out of the side of the 19 year old soldier sitting next to you and being grateful that it did not go off and that it was him and not you. “Emotional Pain”? How about sending good young men to a certain death or making the decision to blow-up an entire village killing every man woman and child just to get 1 very bad guy.

You no NOTHING of emotional pain.

I have lived with developing breasts for 5 years which is a side effect of a medical treatment for an enlarged and precancerous Prostate. I have grown fully formed 38D Breasts on a 173cm,75kg frame.  Yet I have thrived in business and with numerous ladies.

Stop whining and take control of your life. Complaining and feeling sorry for yourself is easy, doing something constructive takes work and personal fortitude.

Additionally:

Sgt Thai Lee had one testicle 'blown off' and the other crushed while he was serving as an Army medic in Afghanistan.

The Department of Defense Trauma Registry showed that more than 1,200 US military members in Afghanistan and Iraq have suffered similar injuries between 2003 and 2014.

So Dustin08 you think that you are suffering “Emotional Pain”.

Grow Up.

lol took you 11 years to reply, the thing is you have only had it for 5 years and don't really understand the real pain that is caused by this. When your childhood gets robbed because of these tumors, when you cant live freely in your 20s. its obviously different if youve lived your life and that got gyne try getting it when your a child and living with daily degradation from your peers. No one forced you to join the army its something you choose however gyno is not a choice so dont even compare the two.

hammer

What I don't get, I had gyno as a kid, and no one took my childhood away from me! I had it as a teen, I had girl friends and no problems then either! If someone tried to tease me I took care of the problem then and there, and it didn't continue! I didn't allow myself to be a victim!

Like Tigerpaws I served my country, I was a Navy Diver, and once in a while one of my shipmates would say that my boobs make them miss their wives, but it was all in fun, as they all knew I could kick their ass if they took it to far!

After that I had my own business and fathered 5 kids and now have 4 grand children! My breast size are now a 46H!

I'm with TigerPaws here, stop whining and do what you need to do one way or another!

Offline gbm

• Posting Member
What I don't get, I had gyno as a kid, and no one took my childhood away from me! I had it as a teen, I had girl friends and no problems then either! If someone tried to tease me I took care of the problem then and there, and it didn't continue! I didn't allow myself to be a victim!

Like Tigerpaws I served my country, I was a Navy Diver, and once in a while one of my shipmates would say that my boobs make them miss their wives, but it was all in fun, as they all knew I could kick their ass if they took it to far!

After that I had my own business and fathered 5 kids and now have 4 grand children! My breast size are now a 46H!

I'm with TigerPaws here, stop whining and do what you need to do one way or another!

im not whining its just ignorant to tell someone you don't know at all that they no nothing about emotional pain. good on you for living with your condition everyone has different experiences. I respect every man who has gyno and was able to overcome however just because you could do it doesn't mean its the same for others. I dont know how old u are but believe me when i say middleschools and highschools are awhole different animal nowadays.

hammer

I'm 58 years old, graduated high school 1976, served 4 years US Navy 7 year US Army reserves, master carpenter/ general contractor was my trade, as well as journeyman welder.

Yep, you're right kids now days are different, and it can be very disappointing!

My kids are between the ages of 35 and 23 and as I said I have 5 of them, but one was killed at the age of 6! I have 4 grand children too! I can say I'm proud of how mine are doing!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024