Author Topic: YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!! just had surgery  (Read 7771 times)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
whaaat...are you serious ??? I asked them myself and they even said that bc medical doesnt cover cosmetic surgery...ahhhhh!! And i didnt get drains put in either, is that necessarily a bad thing? Damnit, i feel so chocked now. I wonder if theres a way to get a refund and get the amount charged by my medical...

I will check that out next week during my followup. Hey have you gained any weight since your surgery? Iv gained like 5 lbs of water weight, thats normal right?

thanks

Offline xtc4u

• Posting Member
Bs its covered I can even give you the name and number of someone in Victoria who says it IS covered.

I have gained 5 lbs as well its normal.

Hmmm thats odd you didn't get drains perhaps u weren't bleeding that much but my surgeon didn't take the risk he had drains installed and told me to empty them every 4 hrs (wasn't a lot of bleeding anyways) but its usually that little bit of bleeding that causes the infection.

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
xtc4u:

Can you post your doctors contact info. I have a consultation booked with Dr Fielding in June and if I can save the travel expenses and get it done in B.C... It would be a lot better.

Remyrem6:

Surgery is covered if you have Glandular Gyne. The lipposuction part of the operation is not covered by BC Medical. I phoned B.C Medical and this is how I know. You should really consult your doctor and see if you can get some money back.

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
Yeah for sure bro i will defently talk to my dr about that next week when i see him.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Congrats on the surgery  :D

And i think that guy is right, the price should be covered if it is gland removal, if its just liposuction....then thats considered strictly cosmetic.

Here in Ontario with Dr. Fielding we pay for the liposuction part of the surgery.....which is just over 1,000$. The gland removal is covered by OHIP, and also because its done at a hospital. But say if you get it done somewhere at a private clinic like with Dr. Lista, then you get no coverage and gotta pay like over 5,000.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
thats not much pain in my case. i had lipo only twice with different doctors and all i could say is that i felt like just i did a very very hard workout.  ;)
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024