Author Topic: Anyone here ever watch Nip Tuck?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline flex1appeal

Man, I love this show. Been watching it since day one. I just saw a rerun of an episode from season 1 where a guy came in for gynecomastia surgery. Has anyone seen this episode? I think it's great that they would bring this subject matter/condition out into mainstream tv. Even if it is dramatized. Anyhow, just was bored thinking about stupid stuff and thought to myself "I wonder if anyone else watches this show?"

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I've seen the show several times. I didn't see the show about gyne. You say it was during season 1?

That show is over the top drama.

Did you know that Sean's x-wife (on the show) is dating their son in real life?  <---- True Story!

Offline flex1appeal

I've seen the show several times. I didn't see the show about gyne. You say it was during season 1?

That show is over the top drama.

Did you know that Sean's x-wife (on the show) is dating their son in real life?  <---- True Story!

You mean the actress Joely Richardson. That's her name. No, I did not know she was dating his real life son. Interesting.

As for the Gyne episode, yes, it was on season 1. I missed a few episodes so decided to rent the entire season online. That must have been one of the 3-4 episodes I missed that season. The guy who had it was a swinger and wanted to get into this swingers party which was thrown once a year in LA. Only the best looking people got in and had to audition their photos of face/body to be accepted to the party. This guy was a good looking fellow and seemed to have a good body but he had a bad case of gynecomastia. They wouldn't let him in to the swingers party because it flawed his appearance. So he had surgery done and showed it. Not the focal point of the entire episode. It wasn't made to be a huge deal. Just one of the 2-3 clients per show that was on this episode. But cool they mentioned it and used it to help bring it out to the public. I find a lot of people do not know about the condition.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
No, maybe I said that wrong. The mom on the show (whatever her name is) in real life is dating the son on the show.

The mom and her kid are actually dating in real life.

Offline flex1appeal

Yikes! He looks like he is maybe 20 and she is probably late 30's early 40's! WOW

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I think it's great that they would bring this subject matter/condition out into mainstream tv. Even if it is dramatized.

Gynecomastia was also mentioned on an episode of C.S.I. Miami....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline flex1appeal

CSI eh? What was that episode about? Why did they mention it?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i love that show have 3 seasons on dvd so far..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
CSI eh? What was that episode about? Why did they mention it?

Alexx had a stiff on the slab and she mentioned that the body had Gynecomastia. I cant for the life of me, remember what the ep. was about. I just recall that Gynecomastia was mentioned.

John.

Offline flex1appeal

Well, nip tuck did it better in the sense it went beyond mentioning it. For most, mentioning it means nothing since they don't know what it is. Nip tuck made sure people know what the condition is and how it may affect someone. That's why I enjoyed it so much.

flex

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024