Author Topic: Surgery - Fielding (One week post)  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Dave1000

• Posting Member
Hey,

After viewing this site for years (literally), I finally built up the courage to go through with the surgery.  Pre and Post pics can be found at....

http://dhudly.photosite.com/

note that the right nipple ended up bleading a lot during healing.  It tough to tell the progress.  To be honest, I wish more was taken out, as it feels as though I still slightly have some man boobs, but the doctor (Fielding) seems to have done a good job in terms of keeping them the same size...I just wished he removed a little more.  You be the judge, and let me know.  I would appreciate it.

I will check back and let people know of my progress, and when I have time, write a little bit more about my experience with gynecomastia.  It has haunted me for years, and I am sure the stories I tell such as never going swimming, avoiding sex (that one sucks) cause that means I have to take off my shirt, etc... you all can related to or maybe not.

Please let me know your thoughts on my surgery pics...was enough taken out?  Although I like positive feedback, I prefer blunt and honest.

Dave

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Please let me know your thoughts on my surgery pics...was enough taken out?  Although I like positive feedback, I prefer blunt and honest.

Hey Dave...

Yeah, looks like JCF did a great job dude. However, you are only 11 days 'over the wall'. Ya gotta be patient my man. Wait for all the swelling to subside. How long you say? Well that all depends on the person. My swelling was gone by the second week. Some guys still have swelling after 3 months  :o. It all depends on how the individual heals.

You honestly cannot make an informed decision until all the swelling is gone.   ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Great Dave that you are "GYNE" free now.

Be paient. In coming weeks you will feel that your gyne are coming back. That is due to swelling and healing process. But you have to wait for atleast 6-8 months. Sure, Dr. Fielding told you that. I am 4 months post ops now, still I have puffy area but it's lot better than before. I have an appointment with him next week. Let's see what he says. He told me that I have to wait 10 months for best result. And I am been patients. He is a great guy. I been wearing T-Shirts since operation which is first time in my 36 yr. life time. So much moral boost now and my confident level is to the point (highest) never before in my life. Only thing still bother me is, still I cann't go out without shirt. But will wait till summer.

So be patient and enjoy the new life.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Dave1000

• Posting Member
Thanks Give Me Life!

The pictures were taken right after I removed the bandages and the sticky pads, and I was under the impression that what you see then is what it will look like once the swelling has gone down.  That is why I wished he had removed more.

The progress so far has been what I would expect it to be.  There has been some swelling, and the moobs are def. back, which sort of sucks.  I am still wearing compression gear and will do so for another week (as per the doctors orders).   I was curious as to why some guys have more or less swelling than others.  Grandpa Bambu had everything looking fine after just two weeks!!! and other guys wait months.  I also noticed that he was taking a lot of Asprin (as per his diary...he mentioned something about having to buy Tyenol 1 cause T3 ran out)... I wonder if the the Tylenol has something in it that reduces swellings...who knows...I guess it isnt important and I should just be more patient.

Thanks again for the feedback.  I appreciate it.

Dave

Offline Dave1000

• Posting Member
Also,  do either of you know how I can tell what is swelling and what is fat?  By the feel of it (with the exception of the hard tissue), it basically feels like the same as it was before only without gland.

If anyone knows how to tell what is swelling, that would be great.

Dave

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I don't think that you can tell by 'feel'. Ya just have to let MoNa (Mother Nature) do her thing Broh...  ;)

Give it time and let the swelling go down...

GB

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
I'm currently 6 weeks post op (with Fielding) and I've some swelling. By feel I can tell you that I don't have gland anymore on my right side but on the left I can still feel some but less than before the op. My chest still looks weird but I'm being patient, the only thing that worries me is the fact that it seems that I still have some glands on the left side which is bigger than the right (prior to the op, the right side was a little bit bigger, something Dr Fielding noticed during the consultation). If after 4-5 months it's still like that I'll call them to see if I can meet the Dr again.

Cheers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024