Author Topic: Signing the consent form for the Surgery  (Read 4887 times)

Offline mephistopholes

• Posting Member
I think you MUST sign that consent form.  Otherwise, the Doc is not going to do your surgery.  Am I correct?

More importantly, what kind of repercussions does signing the consent form have?  Does it mean if anything in the slightest goes not to your satisfaction, you CANNOT hold the Doc liable, and the only way to get it remedied is to spend more money and get revision surgery?

If you know anything about this issue, please post your reponses.  Thanks, and you all have happy new year.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I think you MUST sign that consent form.  Otherwise, the Doc is not going to do your surgery.  Am I correct?

By signing the form, you accept the risks of surgery.

Would the PS perform the Op if you didn't sign? Don't know. Good question for the Doc at consult time tho.

More importantly, what kind of repercussions does signing the consent form have?  Does it mean if anything in the slightest goes not to your satisfaction, you CANNOT hold the Doc liable, and the only way to get it remedied is to spend more money and get revision surgery?

You misunderstand what the waiver is for dude. It means that if something happens on the chopping block at no fault of the surgeon, then he/she cannot be financially raped.

As per revision(s).... If a 'free' revision(s) is a concern of yours, then during your consult, discuss this with the Doc. If he/she agrees to a free revision(s) if needed, then get it in writing ;).  Even if the PS 'does' agree to a revision(s) if needed, all that is 'free' is the Surgeons time. The patient is liable for all hospital fees. 

GB

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 06:54:25 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024