Author Topic: The Problem With Surgery  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I feel so trapped with this condition.  The problem with surgery--as most guys on here probably feel--is that you don't want anybody to know about it and it sounds like it takes forever to heal.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:54:05 PM by Wayne1985 »

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
all I can say is, 3 weeks worth of healing, or 3 more years of battling your inner demons and being conscious of it EVERY time EVERY day you are around your colleagues.

Get it done, take the 3 weeks, you'll be normal in no-time. I was surprised at how quickly I was up and about.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i don't know how bad your case is, but you could talk to your recruiting agent or whoever your contact is and see if you can work around it, maybe even with a military surgeon.  if you disclose up front, i see no reason for them not to take you seriously, any different than talking to a high school guidance counselor about maybe getting exemptions or alternatives for phys ed. 

i personally think and have suggested to enlistees before that you could make the argument that having a bunch of guys ragging on a man with a physical deformity is bad for unit morale and cohesion and development of good military character in your peers.   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024