Author Topic: no joy with 2nd NHS surgeon...still no surgery offered  (Read 5199 times)

Offline outertrial

You have to keep on at them. When you go for the consultation make sure you know which surgeon will be doing the op and what theyll be doing. I saw two on the NHS, one guy said Id have sagging skin and scarring if he did it (great) and that Id have to get down to about 6% body fat before hed even consider it. The second guy was much nicer though he did say he was going to cut my nipples off entirely and reattach them (super).

The 3rd surgeon I saw is a private guy called Jesus Benito, he does the consults in Harley St but you have the op in his clinic in Barcelona. His was the best consult by a long country mile and I fly out tomorrow.

Bear in mind with the NHS that the surgeon you talk to isnt always the one who does the op and some people here have only found that out as theyre about to be wheeled in to the theatre. In general though to put your mind at rest a little I havent heard of any people here whove gone to an NHS surgeon (that werent scared off) whove ended up screwed up; but I have read a lot of posts from people who said it just didnt sort the problem out, usually because they just dont take enough out.

However if you really dont have the money, you dont mind waiting and being pushed from pillar to post, and youre prepared that the procedure may only help the problem a bit rather than cure it, then the NHS could be ok. Much like pretty much every other medical procedure they offer.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024