Author Topic: Some questions for new guy on the board  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Damazzman

This forum rocks!  You guys are doing a great service to all of us.  I am fed up with my gyne and have decided to do something about it other then swing dieting.  All the information I could find was about surgery.  Maybe it is the case that surgery is the best treatment option but I have to believe that some success can come from hormone therapy.  My gyne started in puberty and hasn't changed much (some small fluctuations with dieting) since.  I am 27.  Without being a doctor, I have this gut feeling/fear that it they will come back after surgery.  Is there a hormone treatment that can help or has anyone heard of hormone therapy in conjuncture with PS?  What about a broad spectrum hormone treatment that could be the solution to a number of different causes of Gyne?  I don't have the best health coverage but i got to think that hormone therapy might be covered by insurance.  Is hormone treatment cheaper then surgery?  Am i way off base or is surgery most likely the best route?  Any thoughts?

Also, what could i expect to pay for surgery from start to finish in chicago?  I know it will at least be a couple grand and i need to start saving.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
but I have to believe that some success can come from hormone therapy.  My gyne started in puberty and hasn't changed much (some small fluctuations with dieting) since.  I am 27.
in the early stages yes, but you're probably well past that. 

ithout being a doctor, I have this gut feeling/fear that it they will come back after surgery. 
if your hormones are still all over, but you're probably past that too. 

Is hormone treatment cheaper then surgery?  Am i way off base or is surgery most likely the best route? 
yes but only if it works, and i think it'd be surgery for you.   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I agree 100% with headheldhigh01.

An endocrinologist can prescribe treatments to bring your hormones back into balance if you still have a hormone problem.  That's all good for preventing the gyne from returning.  For most, though, hormone treatments seem to reverse gyne only for those still in puberty or while gyne is still growing in the early stages.  At least that's what I gather from reading various posts on the subject.

I have yet to read a substantiated post in which somebody who's had gyne for a few years was able to get rid of gyne by using any means besides surgery. 

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline John1011

• Posting Member
is age 19 too late for hormone therapy then?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
most likely.  you could talk to the endo and if the case were really mild who knows, but would not put money on it. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024