Author Topic: Confused... Dr. Haugrud's post-op style different?  (Read 2284 times)

Offline NoChance

• Posting Member
So recently I had my consultation and confirmed what I knew about having gyno.  However, after talking to Dr. Haugrud he explained how he was going to do the surgery, and while it seemed ok, some details were different, so I wanted to run this by everyone here to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

Dr. Haugrud is planning on doing the surgery on a Tues, and then leaving drains in and sending me home.  There is quite a bit of gland, but not too much fat as I'm in pretty good shape.  Its serious enough of a surgery that I have to be put under opposed to local anestetic(sp).  I'm supposed to come back 2 days later on Thurs to get the drains taken out and bandaged up properly.  He also mentioned I have no need for the compression vest after the surgery.  When I asked him about not needing a compression vest, I was told that besides the gland, I dont have much fat mass in my chest area, and therefore no real need for a compression vest.  What confuses me is when I see pictures people post, I see guys with the same body types as me being given compression vests by their surgeon.

If anyone had any insight on this or Dr Haugrud in general I would appriciate it greatly.  After years of having to deal with Gyno, this summer it looks like I'll be finally doing something about it with surgery, and I'm just getting kind of nervous.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Not all doctors follow the same procedures dude.

My PS, Dr. Fielding told me at the time of my surgery, 2 years ago, that a vest was not necessary. Now, I hear, Dr. Fielding provides his patients with a vest. Odd huh?

Anyways dude, if you feel that you would heal better with a vest then wear one my man. ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024