Author Topic: First step finally TAKEN!  (Read 1566 times)

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
After a long time of waiting and saving up the money and courage, I went to see a plastic surgeon.  8)

Result: I have mild gyno, grade I-II, slightly oversized glands.

I need to go to my doctor who can then send me to an endrinologist (is that spelled correctly?), who has to do some tests to see my hormone levels or some such stuff, and if everything checks out, the waiting list at the doctor is less than one month!  ;D

I have a few questions though:

1. What do the tests at the endrinologist look like? I'm betting he's gonna take a blood sample. Anything else?
2. The doctor said I can get a local aenesthesia or a full aenesthesia. Which one do you recommend?
3. When should I get the operation? I still need to save 400€ until the operation (if I work on all the free time I have - I'm otherwise a student - that is acheivable in about two months; so I guess I could take the operation in May at the earliest, but more likely June). Is it a good idea to get it in the summer, or should I wait until something like September? I'm gonna travel a lot in the summer, so I'm just wondering if there's any trouble associated with travelling soon after the operation?
4. My boobs are slightly different sizes. Any problems with that?
5. What if my test results show that my gyno is a result of some hormone problem? What then? I'm slightly worried because my boobs tend to change size a bit over time. They are larger for a few months, then decrease for like a year, then increase again, etc. -> but these are, I guess, small changes, they don't grow or shrink a lot

That's about it.  8)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 02:36:11 PM by theblues »

Offline outertrial

1. Blood samples, mostly to test your hormone levels.
2. Local is safer but with general anaesthesia youre unconscious for the whole thing and wake up when its over. I wouldnt have wanted to be conscious while they were sucking my moobs out for 90 minutes but its up to your preference.
3. I would get it as soon as possible. Depending on the person it can take months to fully heal so theres no point waiting. You should be able to resume normal activities within a month of the op despite swelling/scarring.
4. Bodies are assymmetrical, your left side of your face is bigger than the right, your right legs a bit longer than the left etc. A good surgeon will identify the larger side and will do his or her best to compensate, but they will be guessing so dont expect both sides to end up identical.
5. Its pretty rare for it to be a hormonal problem if you're otherwise 'normal', things like Klinefelters have very obvious physical symptoms so I wouldnt worry about it. Its a formality for most of us.

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
Concerning no.3; so if I undergo surgery in let's say, late May, it's okay to travel already in late June? My concern is that I'm gonna be travelling alone and with a large backpack, and I don't want to ruin my recovery or anything.  :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024