Author Topic: The ultimate Montreal/Quebec reference guide  (Read 20651 times)

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
I have one main purpose for this thread : Unite the gyne sufferers from the Montreal region to work together and become the most educated as possible concerning gynecomsatia surgery in Montreal.

After searching and reading this section of the forum, I find that there isn't much information concerning surgeons who perform gyne surgery in Montreal.

The ultimate option that most would suggest is to travel to Toronto and get it done by Dr. Feilding. Altough it is a great option, getting the surgery done in your own city is much more convinient, so we owe it to ourselves to know exactly what our options are to get this done in Montreal.

As of now, after comming to this board for many years there is still so much confusion and almost no information on the PS who do this surgery here.

The best way to go about this is to setup a type of database in this thread with all the information possible about a PS.
The more people add to this, the more educated we will get, and the more advancement we will get in our steps torwards the surgery.

I propose we use this format, if anyone would like to add to it...feel free to do so.

Plastic Surgeon Name :
Experience ( how many surgerys per year ) :
Method (lipo/excision) :
Price :
Before and After pitcures available ? :
Waiting time ( between consulation and surgery ) ? :
Other Notes :

I had 1 consulation for gynecomastia surgery till now. So 'ill start ...

Plastic Surgeon Name :
Dr. Gilles Frenette
Experience : ( how many surgerys per year ) : 20-25
Method : (lipo/excision) : Insisted on doing lipo only
Price : around 4000$
Before and After pitcures available ? : Had no before of after pictures of gynecomastia, only had other type of surgery pictures.
Waiting time ( between consulation and surgery ) ? : 3 weeks
Other Notes : Didn't seem too concerned as to what I had to say. Seem to be in a rush. I was dissapointed overall.

If we all get atleast 1 consultation from a different surgeon and add to the list, it's gonna be a huge step in the right direction. On a personal level, I plan to get a consultation from another Surgeon in the comming weeks, maybe Dr. Zelt.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Btw, if you are from Montreal but never had a consultation with a PS and have no information about any PS in montreal. Please post to this thread anyways just to introduce yourself. It would be nice to see how many people from this forum are actually from Montreal.

Offline Crawdaddy

• Posting Member
I'm in Montreal but I went to TO to have it done with Fielding. I figured it wasn't worth the risk to find a PS here as there is such a lack of good information about them. Hopefully you can get some good info out of this thread!

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Ditto! I went to Fielding, he has an excellent reputation on this board...I decided against using a PS here in Montreal since nobody could give me any feedback. Why take the risk? It's only 6 hours on the train.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:58:10 PM by mtl99 »

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
since nobody could give me any feedback

That is the point of this thread.

I am already aware that Feilding is very good. The purpose of this thread is to find the most we can about surgeons in Montreal, as there is a huge lack of information.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey folks, i'm from montreal too.  cool to see so many new montrealers on the site. the ones i knew back when i came to the board about a year ago are all gone.

so let me give you a hand on this one :

i dont have much info about them since i did not see them in person.

Dr. Zelt
http://www.rgzelt.com
i know someone from the site who had surgery with him but about 2 weeks post op, he completely stopped posting here (havent seen him since so i dont know how surgery turned out). i personnaly called Zelt a year ago and left a few messages on his machine. he never called back so if the guy cant return his call now, how is it going to be after surgery...

the others, i have no idea, they claim to do the procedure but thats all i know about them. i dont have websites for most of them so you'll have to call to find out more info. and not all of them are from montreal but all in the area or at least closer than toronto.

Dr Mario Bernier
http://www.drbernier.com
i talked to dr bernier and he performs about 50 surgeries a month (from what i remember) and does lipo only using PAL (power assisted lipo) was suppose to have a last consult and my surgery with fielding was scheduled on the same day...so i said F* ck it and went to toronto.

dr Frenette
www.chirurgienesthetique.net
lipo only, does about 2-3 gynecomastia surgeries everymonth (or so)

Clinique Médico Esthétique du vieux Longueil
www.cliniquedupuy.com/

Bouchard Dr Jacques
Verdun, QC
514-769-8809   

Centre de Chirurgie Esthétique Sherbrooke
Sherbrooke, QC
819-822-0442 

Charland Dr Louis-Georges
Ste-Agathe-des-Monts, QC
819-326-8634     

Arbour, Dr Réjean
Longueuil, QC
(450)651-3000     

Lauzon, Dr Gilles - Centre Metropolitian de Chirurgie Plastique
Montreal, QC
514-934-1374       

Haddad, Dr Jaques Philip
Trois-Rivieres, QC
819-376-1562       

Jodoin, Dr. Richard
Amos, QC
819-732-0760     

Desjardins, Dr. André
Montreal, QC
(514)257-1860   

Bensimon, Dr. Eric
Montreal, QC
514-288-2097   

Cianciulli, Dr Rino
Montreal, QC
514-256-3833     

Nonnenman, Dr David K
St Lambert, QC
450-671-7366   

Gagnon, Dr. Isabelle
Québec, QC
418-682-2182     

Berbari Dr. Patricia
Gatineau, QC
819-243-7667   

Lapointe, Dr. Richard - Alternative Clinique de Chirurgie Esthetique*
Montreal, QC
514-744-3377   

Papanastasiou, Dr. William - The Centre for Plastic & Laser Surgery
Westmount-Montreal, QC
514-933-3009   

Thompson, Dr Tracey*
Gatineau, QC
819-561-8739

Doctor Edgar NASSIF
i read an horror story with this one on the site so i would not suggest... http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/treatment/horrstor.shtml

basically, plastic surgeons can do the procedure, its a matter of who you think can do a good job for you cause most of them dont actually practice the procedure very often.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 04:44:46 PM by kiwibird »
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

i am from montreal too. I am trying to find the right surgeon. Had a consultation with Dr Frenette. He does only lipo and then do exsision a few month later if necessary. Is that good ? I heard it could give a better esthetic result at the end. What do ya think ?

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i think between the two surgeries, your chest is going to look quite weird.
for some reason, i would have done the excision first since the lipo is usually made to flat out the chest and make sure you are even (cause the excision usually leaves a dent under the nipple. i am almost sure that he will have to do lipo twice.

i can see why surgery in 2 steps might help (although as i said, i would inverse the procedures), but i think the trauma of having 2 surgeries in a short time will increase healing time. + not sure if the body will heal as well (but what do i know...)

i would personnaly prefer to have one complete surgery and go for revision if necessary.
good luck

Offline two_too_many

Hi guys,

I'm also in Mtl but I haven't seen a PS yet so I can't be much help for now... and my search on the web for PS who do this intervention in Montreal hasn't been really successful either. The only one I'm tempted to see based on what I got is Dr. Zelt. So, Angel of Death, if you go in for a consultation PLEASE let us know about it ! :)  If I find out more I'll post the info.

Take care !

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
all the ps that i listed above claim to do gynecomastia reduction surgery (dont know how much experience they have in that procedure but they say they can all do it)

so guys who REALLY need to stay in mtl could start with seeing some of them or doing some research. there are quite a bit of cosmetic surgeons here too...

Offline kingguarna23

• Bronze Member
i have a minor case on one side , im sure i dont need that much of an experienced surgery .

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well thats your call really, if you feel comfortable with someone who doesnt have  a lot of experience than you can go with pretty much and plastic surgeon. as mentionned the list above are all surgeons that say they can perform the surgery so you should find one easily

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
Hello all. I'm from montreal, been on these boards for a year or two. I heard alot about Fielding in toronto but like most of you I don't want to have to travel to toronto for a consultation AND the surgery. If I could find a good ps in montreal then that would be great. I've had really puffy nipples ever since I was 11 and I'm 19 now, made my life hell. I've seen 3 doctors since then and they all gave me stupid, bullshit answers.

1. "your body is changing it's normal" it didn't.
2. "this is your brest, everyone is different" horseshit?? >:(
3. I cant even remember, probably don't want to anyways.

I'm eventually going to have to find a good doctor around here who will know what it is because those doctors had never even heard of gynecomastia. What a bunch of useless assholes.

Anyways, I'm looking for a surgeon here so any word would be nice. I'll be on the lookout myself until then.

Cheers.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Here the website for doctor Éric Bensimon:

www.montrealchirurgieplastique.ca

Any comments about him?

Thanks

Offline Mach1

• Posting Member
Any more news from surgeons in montreal? I'm new to this site and was wondering who to go see.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024