Author Topic: excision and/or lipo?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline orion5

• Posting Member
My surgeon went through the procedure and didn't mention Lipo, all he said was that they were going to excise the hard breast tissue?
Is lipo always necessary?

DrBermant

My surgeon went through the procedure and didn't mention Lipo, all he said was that they were going to excise the hard breast tissue?
Is lipo always necessary?

Excision can be great for gland, but when done without recontouring, can lead to some nasty crater deformities.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique where, what I find during surgery helps guide what needs to be done.

When gland is present, and it usually is, I prefer to start with and target the gland first. By concentrating on gland, I target the tissue that compresses the least and reserve the remaining fat as a potential tool for my reconstruction. 

Liposuction is fine for fat.  However, all forms of liposuction preferentially remove fat over gland.  When fingers of fat are between fingers of gland, liposuction alone tends to suck out the fat condensing  the gland behind making a mess. 

Liposuction is but one of many tools of my artist's palette for surgical sculpture of the male chest and gynecomastia.

My Fat Flaps can bring fat into a crater.  A flap is tissue moved with a blood supply.  Adjacent fat transfered with a blood supply tends to survive, much better than a graft.  When carefully done, fat flaps tend to look like normal fat, feel like normal fat, and move like normal fat.  There are limitations to what fat flaps offer since fat still connected to its blood vessels will move only so far.

Try to go through the entire section about male chest sculpture on my site to learn what my techniques of surgery have to offer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline orion5

• Posting Member
Well, I would love to get proper surgery, going for the cosmetic results, but unforunately, i can't afford it, so it's NHS all the way for me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024