Author Topic: I seriously can't take it anymore.  (Read 6864 times)

cody sockeye

I cannot stand this. I'm not fat. Why the darn do I have to have this. I can't go anywhere or do anything because I'm too ashamed of myself. I can't wear a t-shirt cuz it looks like I have huge breasts and i just want to fucking grab a knife and cut them off. I need to do something about this but supposedly theres nothing I can do because I'm only 14. I've dealt with this for long enough. 6 years of my life are COMPLETELY GONE. I've done everything RIGHT. I have a good personality, I'm not ugly, I live in a place most people would DIE FOR. There's no reason i shouldnt have friends. Why don't i have friends? Cuz i can never go hang out with them because I'm too ashamed of myself. Some people tell me to get over it, no ones perfect. Well easy for you to say, your not a fucking deformed freak of nature. I SHOULD HAVE A GOOD LIFE. I will forever be miserable if I don't do something about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please someone talk to me. :'(

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Post some pics dude...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline outertrial

Most people have something wrong with them, many have a lot worse than gyne. Its a correctable condition, youre not sick or in pain, it is hard to keep in perspective but start planning the steps you can take to get the surgery and youll feel a lot better.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Most people have something wrong with them, many have a lot worse than gyne.

This is very true. However to a 14 year old boy who has a feminized chest and gets cruelly tormented about the condition, to him there 'is' nothing worse.

Think about it dude, how many guys enjoy being compared to a girl/woman? Especially a teenage boy?

Being a teen with gynecomastia is brutal!  :-\

GB

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
I cannot stand this. I'm not fat. Why the darn do I have to have this. I can't go anywhere or do anything because I'm too ashamed of myself. I can't wear a t-shirt cuz it looks like I have huge breasts and i just want to fucking grab a knife and cut them off. I need to do something about this but supposedly theres nothing I can do because I'm only 14. I've dealt with this for long enough. 6 years of my life are COMPLETELY GONE. I've done everything RIGHT. I have a good personality, I'm not ugly, I live in a place most people would DIE FOR. There's no reason i shouldnt have friends. Why don't i have friends? Cuz i can never go hang out with them because I'm too ashamed of myself. Some people tell me to get over it, no ones perfect. Well easy for you to say, your not a fucking deformed freak of nature. I SHOULD HAVE A GOOD LIFE. I will forever be miserable if I don't do something about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please someone talk to me. :'(

Hello
ME and you are in the same position.
Talk to your parents see what they say?
I have talked to them, now we are looking at surgery options.
Go see a doctor to check your hormone levels!
For now buy a compression vest/shirt its not a life cure but it really does help!!

BTW Im 15 and I Know how you are feeling.......

Bye

Offline outertrial

Quote from: outertrial on Today at 12:36:38 PM
Most people have something wrong with them, many have a lot worse than gyne.

This is very true. However to a 14 year old boy who has a feminized chest and gets cruelly tormented about the condition, to him there 'is' nothing worse.

Think about it dude, how many guys enjoy being compared to a girl/woman? Especially a teenage boy?

Being a teen with gynecomastia is brutal!  Undecided

GB

lol, I was trying to make him feel better GB!  ;D

Listen sockeye, having gyne sucks balls, no one denies that but dont let it rule your life. If its a situation you cant change for the timebeing then try to keep it in perspective and concentrate on the good things. Like you said youre  a good person you dont owe nothing to no one and you sure as hell dont have to feel bad about yourself because of what other people who arent as decent 'might' think.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:50:18 PM by outertrial »

cody sockeye

trust me, im trying. I've been told theres nothing i can do about it, which i have a hard time believing. Ive been to the doctor, not an endo yet. I live in florida, all there is to do around here is go to the beach. I wish i could, and IVE TRIED BELIEVE ME. Every time, either my friends point it out, not being mean but they do. It hurts like hell. Ive even once had a perfect stranger yell out to me "hey nice breasts." that was it for me. thats the last time ive taken my shirt off in public. And I have a job application out for Publix. They havent called me back. I know ppl have worse problems to me like if they have cancer or something. BUt you know what, having gyne makes me want to have cancer sometimes, hoping id just die. Cuz every time i think about it, dying isnt such a terrible thing. You cant say that to anyone tho because they call social services (trust me, ive been through that mess) I've been through a bunch of shit. I've been in a foster home for 7 months, I work my ass off around my house trying to be "the man of the house" since my dad has nothing to do with me. It's not easy to have a social life, not be able to take off your shirt, and be a man wen your 12-13 years old. I just want hope. I want someone to tell me that there is something i can do about it. I want to go to an endo and get my hormones checked. I WANT TO live some of my life. PPL always tell me, these are the best years of your life. well i dont believe it, not for me anyway.

I'm not usually one to complain about my life, but i just really cannot take it anymore. I watched that Gynecomastia Taboo video above with GB in it... I CRIED. I freakin cried man. I did for about 2 hours post seeing that because I just kept thinking, that's me. thats me. thats me.

Depression is really getting the best of me. I've dealt with this for long enough. I want to do something about it. I don't know what I can though.

I can't talk to anyone about this except the people on this board, because you people are the only people that truly understand me. And I don't know. It just gives me hope. And hope is what i really need right now.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm going to give you an answer you might not like but it's the only thing i think makes sense.  gyne sucks really big dog wangs.  however, at your age you still have to talk with an endo about how likely it would be to come back before an op, because there is a risk it could come back if your hormones go irregular in the few years ahead.  maybe some surgeons will operate anyway, but you have to talk with them first.  now for the part you won't like.  if they tell you to wait 2 or 3 years, even though you think they're your best ones, they're not all you'll live through, so just keep it in perspective, there are guys on here who lived with this crap for half a century, no internet, no ps's, nobody really knowing what it was, so it could still be way worse. 

see what you get out of more talks with your endo.  remember finding out it can be fixed isn't reason to get more p*ssed off, it's reason to be glad because you're moving closer to getting it fixed. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:32:32 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...if they tell you to wait 2 or 3 years, even though you think they're your best ones, they're not all you'll live through, so just keep it in perspective, there are guys on here who lived with this crap for half a century, no internet, no ps's, nobody really knowing what it was, so it could still be way worse. 

That's really true, sockeye.   I'm 42 and just got rid of my severe gyne less than a year ago.  I've had some pretty good years even with my gyne, with some pretty bad gyne experiences along the way.  You have to learn to focus on and remember the good times and the hope ahead.  Learn to channel the bad into increasing your resolve to save money and get the surgery.  If you're 18 or older when you finally get the surgery, then you haven't wasted away what would have been the best years of your life.  Don't let some meaningless saying about "the best years of your life" cloud your thinking and purpose.  The best year of my life so far is this year.     
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

cody sockeye

I know I do. I live with my mom but I can't take it anymore. I don't like blaming people, but she is 99% the reason I am the way I am. When I was in 6th grade, she used to call me a hermaphrodite because of my gyne. She thinks that the sun is magic cure for acne. I've been in the sun, acne is gone for a few days and goes right back to normal. I asked if she'd make me a dermatologist appointment, she said no. I asked if she'd make an endocrinologist appointment, she said no. I asked her if I made the appointments would she give me a ride to the doctor. She said no. Most parents try to build up their kids' self esteem, but she just trashes ours. She had her life handed to her on a silver platter, and she makes me and my sister suffer. 

Bottom line, she is cruel and unsupportive [if that's the right word]. She has US make money for HER, while she doesn't even have a job! I haven't gotten a new pair of clothes in 2 years. She doesn't cook, or clean. And she says how much she does for us, but I apparently don't see it. I cry almost every day because of her. My life is anything but normal. I just want to take baby steps to getting it back in line. I've had a broken wrist for 2 years now and i need surgery for it. You think shes gonna do that for me? No. I can't do push ups cuz I fractured my navicular. Since I can't do push ups, I almost failed my Gym final exam last year. I did 14 pushups with a non supported, broken wrist. She tells me how much she hates me all the time. I have no one to talk to! I just want to keep crying. :'(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 11:52:10 PM by cody sockeye »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I've had a broken wrist for 2 years now and i need surgery for it. You think shes gonna do that for me? No. I can't do push ups cuz I fractured my navicular. Since I can't do push ups, I almost failed my Gym final exam last year. I did 14 pushups with a non supported, broken wrist.

First of all, I can't imagine that not being able to do push ups in gym class would be such a big factor in passing/failing the class. Did you tell your Phys. Ed. instructor that you had a fractured wrist?

Dude, if you need medical attention and your mother is not being supportive, as Bklyngrl mentioned, go see a guidance counselor. Get them to call your mom to see if they can change her attitude.

GB
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:38:36 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If they tell you to wait 2 or 3 years, even though you think they're your best ones, they're not all you'll live through, so just keep it in perspective, there are guys on here who lived with this crap for half a century, no internet, no ps's, nobody really knowing what it was, so it could still be way worse.

31 years.... all of my teens, all of my 20's, all of my 30's.... no Gynecomastia.org, no PS (not as refined as today)....

Suffered in silence...   :'(

GB
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:57:27 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!

Dude, if you need medical attention and you mother is not being supportive, as Bklyngrl mentioned, go see a guidance counselor. Get them to call your mom to see if they can change her attitude.

GB

Absolutely right.
Your mom has not only a moral, but a legal obligation to see that you get proper medical attention.  That's what she "signed up for" by having kids.  Anything less than that could be seen as abuse.  I definitely agree that you need to get help from your guideance counselor in this matter.

Also- If you have supportive grandparents, then they can be a powerful source of persuasion to your mom.   I would still talk to the counselor, though.

You definitely don't deserve to be mistreated or neglected by your mom or anybody else.  Get some help ASAP.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:22:52 AM by Mr_Nip »

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
GB i really feel sorry for you man......
But would you say it was more easy to live with gynecomastia 15+ year ago or in todays world.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I would have to say it is easier to live with Gynecomastia in todays world.

15+ years ago, there wasn't very much info about Gyne. No sites like Gynecomastia.org and surgery techniques were not as refined as they are today.

Being able to 'come out of the closet' so to speak, and break the silence is a great relief. To know that others also suffer from this condition and that you are not the 'Only One' is very comforting.

The Gynecomastic sufferer now has 'Options' available to him. In the past there were no options. We had to suffer in silence and hide it the best we could.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024