Author Topic: 8th November Op date with Karidis ( NEW PICS )  (Read 11017 times)

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Friday 11th
Feeling a little compressed today to say the least, have been given 2x large vests and have them set on the tighter setting, read on one of the threads that its the 1st few days that its vital to keep compression tight so don't really want to loosen it off ?
Is this right or wrong anyone ?
Also had no oozing from around armpits and nipple area is bone dry, can't really make out the inscisions so have left the plasters off, again is this ok ?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Go comfortable mate, if it's digging in go for the looser setting

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Saturday 13th Day 5 Post Op Pics
Fealing better today after a rough night.
Still very sore around the tops of arms, and have bad back ache from being propped up a bit and lieing on my back which I don't usually do ( always sleep on my side or front )
I've now decided to take the tramodol pain relief all the time, figured been given it so get the stuff used.

Have started eating very healthy to loose the pounds for summer, will hit the gym as soon as feel fit enough to do cardio etc.
This is probably the opposite of the majority of people on the forum who have lost weight then had the surgery, I was thinking more weight on me at the time of surgery more will be there to be taken away, so never cut down at all, may be crazy way of thinking who knows.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:33:31 AM by Mickydubs »

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Hi everyone, hope everyone who's had surgery lately is healing well.  
Quick update on progress whilst got office to myself, today is day 9 and my second day back at work ( went back on day 8 )
Not doing much manual work, just approximate measuring conservatory roofs, sometimes using steps or ladders and a bit of driving round and writing/typing really. Hardest part is getting equipment off the roofrack/stretching.
Last night could feel a bit of extra pain in the chest area, and this morning was swolen in centre of chest, so I think its my body telling me to lift less today.
Movement is overall very good and have no problem driving, sometimes use 2x hands on the steering wheel though, trying to release and fix the sat nav onto the windscreen is an absolute bitch though if I'm honest!

Took some pic updates Day 9. Have managed to loose 12lb in last 10 days, just through eating the right stuff and the gyne op so am pretty chuffed, want to get to 13 or 13.5 by the time i'm ready to hit the gym.
Note to those thinking about having surgery, just do it ! You certainly won't have any regrets if you are anything like myself.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:50:15 AM by Mickydubs »

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
Hey Congratulations on the weight loss and again on the surgery. looking good. You're right Karidis does do things differently. I see you never had drains but rather blue pads to absorb the blood and fluid... You mentioned you didn't get stitches on the nipples, but I see bandaging around the nipples, he must have made an incision around the areola to get the gland out no!?  if not then from where where the glands excised?

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Thanks Isambard for the kind words
Weightloss is going very well not sure wether its because of the vest holding everything in so tight or because I now have a huge boost of self belief in getting really back in shape for the summer, just eating healthy.
You are correct with the small incision around the bottom of the areola, not sure if this was with a hidden desolvable stitch, if it was I can't see any marks, think it just heals up by itself.
Haven't had any discharge / weeping since day 3, just want to keep wearing the plasters over nipples to stop rubbing on vest which happened when I tried without.
Tried a Nike compression vest on, felt really good and gave loads of support/compression. Looked great to, I actually felt I looked like an Olympian, maybe I'm now getting a bit carried away but its certainly an item of clothing I would not have been seen dead in before the op !!!
( bought 3, £16.99each, on offer at soccersports )
After the 2x weeks is up wearing the vest I'm gonna try wearing these for a couple of weeks as will be easier to do more physical work in.     

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Hi all, thought I would do a quick update of my progress.
Its now 23 Days since I had the op with Dr. Karidis and I'm chuffed to bits with the results  ;D  ;D  ;D
I'm now doing all usual work that I was before the op ( fitting conservatories, ripping out windows and doors and replacing them etc ), it was a little tricky with the lifting at first and sore around the chest area, In my mind at times i visualised the healing skin trying to tear apart inside as I lifted things but that never happened and was as said just in my head.
Still can't fully extend my arms upright and touch my hands together without some pain though, think this is down to scare tissue and some swolen areas.
Have added a pic showing horizontal bands of swelling across my chest and over each nipple.
Main swolen area is above top of chest towards my armpit on my left, this is still sore and has bean the worst spot for me since day 1, presume this had a lot of work done.
Got results of what was removed , 300ml fat each side and the gland was 13 out of each side.
Started massaging 3x a day since week 3 and would definately say this helps, use Bio Oil from the healthshop.

Must say !!! I ran out of Tramodol on week 2, which I realy relied on to help me sleep with the bloody straight jacket on at night ( vest ), it was a saturday afternoon and my wife rang Karidis office to see if I could have a repeat perscription but they said no, 2x weeks is the max, use 2x Ibuprofen and 2x paracetamols instead which kind of did the trick.
On the next day Sunday at 12 lunchtime, my mobile rang and the number was blocked, answered it and it was Dr. Karidis, he asked how I was doing/recovering which I thought was something special, can't think of many surgeons out there that would ring up a patient at the weekend, Top Bloke !!!!  Suppose this proves he's not just in for the money and generally cares about his patients.
Have booked my check up with him second week of Jan.

Day 23 post op

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:59:30 PM by Mickydubs »

Offline Dracksus

• Posting Member
Seems to be healing up nicely  :) And it was good of Dr. Karidis to phone you like that!

Yeah the sleeping on your back part is the bit I'm looking forward to the least..

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Yep I'm very pleased with the healing, no visible insicion marks unless you have a microscope.
The lying on your back thing was definitely one of the worst bits for me, don't think I was comfortable on my side till week 3 !!!!

Markito

Hey Mickydubs,

Looks like you are healing great! Your results are improving with every post. It took me about 3 weeks until I was comfortable sleeping on my side. It was certainly one of the difficult parts of the healing process. I had some swelling/puffyness about 3 weeks into recovery, however, this is improving everyday. I also figured out that salty foods make me swell a lot more. I have been watching my sodium intake and diet. Headed to Florida tomorrow and can't wait to be able to enjoy myself on the beach without being concerned about my chest. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Holiday.

Happy Healing!

Cheers,

Markito 

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Nice to hear from you again Markito, never heard of the salt thing but I will bear that in mind for the future.
Did you ever get your own page up and running?
Will have a look on the US pages later and see if you've posted any pics.
Have a great time mate and happy healing !!!   

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
Excellent result Mr Dubs. Now you've just got to lose the gut  :D

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Excellent result Mr Dubs. Now you've just got to lose the gut  :D

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Result looks good Micky. I would expect it to go to shit in the next few weeks when all the scar tissue starts taking over, don't flap, just hold tight and stay positive.
Looks very flat at the moment, bet you are enjoying wearing a t-shirt when weather permits lol

ROLL ON SUMMER 2012 us lads are going to have a right crack once summer is here and the healing is a thing of the past ;D

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Cheers chopper, I'm expecting it to be rough for the next few months, but definately worth it, as for summer hols, they can't come fast enough!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024