Author Topic: The Karidis Journey - Start to finish **22 Days Post Op NEW PIC**  (Read 21451 times)

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Great result mate, keep us updated on ur recovery.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Simon Cowell is another moob.

Do you find that you can instantly spot another moob when you see one in the street? Usually walking on his own and kind of stressed looking...

We're not in that club any longer. Thank f***!

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Sorry for the delay on updates guys, back in work last week and I've been pretty busy. This has been the 1st chance I've had to post my updates. Also didn't want to post too early since not too happy at the moment. I've had mixed emotions all week with ups and downs and recovery hasn't been what I expected. Can read as much as you want but you'll never know what it's like until you go through it all.

Been good to know I haven't been the only one not to be happy with with the recovery results. DAMN SCAR TISSUE! Loved the results 1st off, especially wearing the compression vest. It helped to stick everything to the body and gave me good definition of the chest. I knew I had pecs underneath it all :)

Recovery went pretty good all considering it's been 11 days since the OP. 1st few days was a lot of bruising and swelling, which improved each day, at about 4-6 days that went away and the dreaded scar tissue was developing. Straight away I started to massage the area as best I could. I kept bleeding from the incisions so I left the bandages on, used all of them up in 9 days. The left one was OK but the right was still open slightly in the corner. I ended up leaving the bandages off to let it dry out and heal on their it's own, which has worked. It was pretty much healed by this point.

I will say each day it's improving but I'm hating the scar tissue. My gyno was a lot of hard gland around the nipple with fatty tissue around it. That's all gone but now I've got a lot of hard tissue around the whole chest area. Can even see the area the tube went down to do the lipo, that scar tissue has formed so it's going from my shoulder down to my chest. It looks a lot better don't get me wrong, the glands gone and a lot of the fatty tissue taken but that's been replaced with hard scar tissue which has caused it to look like gyno again. I can feel some really hard lumps which is causing the gyno look.

Never expected 100% results prepared myself for bruising, swelling and even the scar tissue but wasn't aware just how much scar tissue develops and they are solid hard lumps which was exactly what I had with gyne. Definitely mixed emotions about it all but haven't lost hope, massaging it every day and going to give it time. Far from walking about with my top off but it's only been 11 days. Wearing the vest tight helps with it looking better. Without it you can see the scar tissue through the t shirt.

Just glad that I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. Same way of thinking as well, pay all this money you want you're chest flat. Karidis catch phrase is "don't worry I'll get you flat" which in theory he did, it's been my scar tissue causing the problems. I don't give a shit if i can feel the hard scar tissue I just don't want to see it. Karidis still the best man for the job, would of been a lot worst if I went anywhere else, just hard to prepare yourself for the recovery and scar tissue.

I'll get my pics uploaded today/tomorrow. Just bought new laptop so in the process of getting everything back on there. Going to update more regularly guys just this week with the recovery not going to plan thought I'll give it some more time before start posting pictures and opinions.

Anyone got any questions let me know.

Interesting to see what everyone else thinks about their scar tissue.

Just hope it does go away. Is there any procedures to get rid of the hard lumps if it doesn't fix itself?

Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 12th April 2011 - Status: Recovery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22437.0

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Hey PecDec, don't worry about the scar tissue because it'll go with time. Even the worst cases are solvable. I know how you feel though coz I'm 2 weeks post-op and I have a ton of hard scar tissue all over my chest. When you first take the compression garment off, your chest looks awesome, but several days later, not so awesome. I guess we have to keep reminding ourselves that there's a long way to go yet until the finished product and that the natural healing process 'should' take care of the imperfections.

Do you have any loose skin by any chance?

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Yeah all good, just got to be patient I guess. I take my compression off daily, annoys the shit out of me.

I was told by Dr. Karidis's nurse to keep vest on 24/7 for the 1st 2 weeks then either all night or all day for a further 1-2 weeks.

Can't wait to take it off at night, hopefully get decent night sleep then.

Was back in the gym this week doing legs. Swelling mostly gone and bruising. Just this bloody scar tissue.

Hopefully be alright in a couple of months :)

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Nice result mate. Your nipples really were cone-shaped before. Are you pleased with the result?

Yeah the vest is a pain the arse. It's such a relief taking it off at night and having a good wash/scratch/massage. For showering I've been using that rough flannel thingy that the nurses give you before leaving St John's.

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Yeah it was a lot worst before, I'm about 75% happy at the moment.

Hopefully over the next few months should see the scar tissue improve.

Not training upper body is killing me at the moment, can't wait to be lifting weights and cardio again.

Should see more improvements then as well.

How's yours coming along emanresu?

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Yeah it was a lot worst before, I'm about 75% happy at the moment.

Hopefully over the next few months should see the scar tissue improve.

Not training upper body is killing me at the moment, can't wait to be lifting weights and cardio again.

Should see more improvements then as well.

How's yours coming along emanresu?

How long do you have to wait after surgery to start keeping fit again, like lifting weights and running?

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member

How long do you have to wait after surgery to start keeping fit again, like lifting weights and running?
[/quote]

Dr. Karidis recommends 10-14 days before training and to take it easy when starting back.

Hate not training, done legs this week but won't start upper body until end of next week.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Pecdec your result looks cracking considering you've just had the op, wont be long until all the swelling is a thing of the past  ;D

Offline Choda

• Silver Member

Dr. Karidis recommends 10-14 days before training and to take it easy when starting back.

Hate not training, done legs this week but won't start upper body until end of next week.
[/quote]

Cool, now just need to raise the funds. :'(

Your results look awesome, once you start training again your gonna really see the results. ;D

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Cheers, I've had mixed feelings about the results only because of the scar tissue. Massive improvements from before the op. Worried about the scar tissue but that should go away in the next few months. Should look a lot better I hope. Hardcore training regime planned just waiting to get back into upper body weights and get the cardio done.

Reading up on it scar tissue is a build up of fluid so that's why they recommend massaging it to help break it up.

Offline thetodd

Be carefull with massage, i dont use the phrase "to break it up" anymore because it implies that you should be doing a hard vigarous massage

You shouldnt it should be firm and all over, twice a day for a few minutes with bio oil. Anymore than that i was told can cause scar tissue i used to massage so hard id be sore afterwards. When i went to  see karidis to show him which points were scar tissue he had a feel and said these were actually muscles that i couldnt see before and i had inflamed them and caused scar tissue to build up inbetween the muscle. So i stopped massaging and it all settled down.

Massage, but dont go overboard

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Be carefull with massage, i dont use the phrase "to break it up" anymore because it implies that you should be doing a hard vigarous massage

You shouldnt it should be firm and all over, twice a day for a few minutes with bio oil. Anymore than that i was told can cause scar tissue i used to massage so hard id be sore afterwards. When i went to  see karidis to show him which points were scar tissue he had a feel and said these were actually muscles that i couldnt see before and i had inflamed them and caused scar tissue to build up inbetween the muscle. So i stopped massaging and it all settled down.

Massage, but dont go overboard

Would chest workouts like bench press and press ups actually inflame the scar tissue and make things worse?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024