Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 66488 times)

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Hey lamp when did you take off your tape? Or did you just let it fall off or what?

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
ya I am also excited about the tape coming off.  Mine is really stuck on there good though so looks like it may be a while

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
that picture i had a few pages back where i had the foam and tape still on, i took a shower and was in there longer than usual since i was getting the glue off. the tapes happen to eventually come off on its own while i was in there.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
mtlgyno-how is the tape going now?  Mine has lifted on the edges, but still stuck really good over the stitches.  I don't want to rush it because there is no reason to, but I am really looking forward to it coming off

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
I got the tape off which was kind of a worrysome job, but all good now. 

My left nippled has a crease through the bottom half...I hope that straightens out over time

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
My tape is still on, doesn't look like it's going to fall off anytime soon. I won't try to peel it off until I get this damn vest off.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
darthmenace try your best not to worry about it. Any gyne surgery involving lipo, you will have to wait at least 6 months to see results.

About the tape, it shouldn't matter anyways because it just slides right off when you're in the shower eventually. And consistently keep the vest on since you guys took off the pads already.

As for me, my healing has been going well so far. I'm massing my scar tissues when I get the chance to. I'm seeing a bit of improvements in the dents I mentioned earlier and the bruise feeling I get when i touch my nipples. Still feels like theres a bit a fluid in my nipples, but they don't seem to be swelling at all. And the case about the dents, it's only when I flex but it isn't so noticeable. I'll post a picture if you guys want since it's the 1 month mark, just let me know. My nipples aren't as sensitive as it was a few weeks ago, it feels normal now.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Okay I peeled the tape off. I also feel like stopping the compression vest during the day and only wear it at night. Been wearing it for 17 days now, and they recommend 21 days. So I don't think there's a huge issue.

I have a minor concern. My right nipple looks completely flat, almost concave. My left breast looks a little better then it did before surgery, but almost the same. The difference is that under my nipple it it's not a hard gland, it's soft. It feels just like fluid from the swelling. But my main concern is the lack of symetry. Oh well I'm not panicking or anything, I'll wait atleast at the 3 month period before contacting Dr. Fielding.

And yeah lamp post some pics, it's always nice to see the healing stages.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, just wear your vest when you are in bed for the remaining time...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Ya, I don't find my vest to be too annoying.  I take it off for about 10 minutes a day to breathe so to speak.  I do alot of driving on crap roads and I am almost sent through the roof with the vest on, so I don't want to know what it would feel like with the vest off

I love the results of my surgery, and as stated before things only get better with time.  The only concern is where the left areola was creased through the bottom half...it's no longer like that.  The areola looks good, now just the nipple is creased/dented in, but not the whole areola.  When the nipple becomes hard, then it pops outwards and becomes normal.  So i assume that will be the last part to heal.  If my body didn't improve any more past this I would be happy.  So much better then pre-surgery.

What does bug me though is the healing pains.  It is not painful pain, but more feels like a sunburn/sore muscles after a workout.  Putting moisturizer on it doesnt seem to help as I don't think it's a dryness that is annoying me.  Does anyone know if we can put deep cold/deep heat on the muscles of the boob as long as it's not on the stiching area?

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
This feels weird to say, but I took off my vest for the entire day when I wasn't home yesterday and I couldn't help but have a weird of slight pain/tickling sensation in my nipples without the vest on. I can't explain it, it's like if the nipples were trying to go back to their original state of protruding. I felt like putting the vest back on the whole day but I couldn't until I got home.

Feels like my body has grown used to the vest and doesn't want to take it off. Anyone experience something like this?

Also how is your progressions going guys?

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
From everything that I've read... I would think that the tickling/pain sensation is simply your nerve endings re-attaching themselves around the areolar incision.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
So the nerves only re-attach once your vest is off or something?

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
My understanding is that they're not as constricted which enables them to re-attach easier in a natural growth plane however the process had most likely started even before you took the vest off.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
BTW guys.... I'm leaving for my surgery tonight... I'm excited, anxious and a little nervous but hopefully I'll calm myself down over the 6 hour trip... I have to be at the hospital for 7 in the morning... I hope everything goes well... see you all on the OTHER SIDE :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024