Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 66451 times)

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Awesome man. Are you leaving from Montreal? Or another city 6 hours away?

Are you going for general anesthesia? If you are, you'll meet the cool anesthesia dude, with some sort of an irish accent, he'll put you at ease right away. Also if you're lucky you'll get the asian nurse, she's real sweet.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
Yeah I'm going in from Mtl... it'll be general anesthesia as well so I'll probably meet him... I'm requesting being discharged the same day cuz my mom's coming with me and check-in for the hotel is after 3 p.m. and it's on my credit card so I would most likely need to be there to check in.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Cool man, where in mtl are you from?

And hopefully you'll be feeling fine enough to get discharged the same day, I know I couldn't have imagined it though. But I was alone, so...

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
I'm from Park Extension (ghetto area.. I know) lol... I called the hotel and they said they'll let my mom check in with my credit card as long as I show up at some point so I guess that's cool... the hotel's actually just 2 blocks away from Saint Joseph's hospital. (albeit a very crappy Days Inn, I just got it for convenience though)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
BTW guys.... I'm leaving for my surgery tonight... I'm excited, anxious and a little nervous but hopefully I'll calm myself down over the 6 hour trip... I have to be at the hospital for 7 in the morning... I hope everything goes well... see you all on the OTHER SIDE :D

Hoping your surgery goes well...

Yup... we're all waiting for you...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
I'm from Park Extension (ghetto area.. I know) lol... I called the hotel and they said they'll let my mom check in with my credit card as long as I show up at some point so I guess that's cool... the hotel's actually just 2 blocks away from Saint Joseph's hospital. (albeit a very crappy Days Inn, I just got it for convenience though)

Hehe park-X, poor you ;) Nah but it's getting better and better the last 5 years.

Good stuff, so you'll stay overnight then?

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
i had that same feeling to mtlgyno. the nipples were also very sensitive but they are now normal.

goodluck gyneco_1001 see you on the other side!

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
mtlgyno-I will second the tingling sensation.  It feels almost as though the nipples aren't used to being rubbed on by shirts anymore, etc. 

How is the pain?  I am still  bit sore, but I've been putting the deep heat and Vitamin E moisturizer on which i think helps.  I have to say except for the bit of sore-ness, if it ended up looking the way it is now I have to say I would still be 90% happy.  I'm hopeing the left nipple pops back out for good and the scars lighten up some and then i'd be completely happy.  Like i've said before if I wanted a perfect chest, I would have been born without Gynecomastia.  It's great to get the vest off and wear tight shirts without the shoulder hunch and the constant shirt pull  :D

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
give the tingling sensation a 2 to more weeks. it felt so weird when I went vestless and still made me feel a bit insecure, but at this stage of my recovery i am very happy. there is still scar tissue but not as significant as before, and the area around the incision is a bit dark. as for my dents, they have been getting a lot better, especially the left nipple. the right side has more scar tissue which appears to cause the indentation but all the more i'm really happy. no more slouching for me as well!

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
when i find time, i will post update pics.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
lamp and mtlgyno-I figure we are near the same stages, lamp being a bit further along.  I was wondering if you had the same thing.  When my vest was on 24/7, and it'd take it off to shower, etc the nipples would be okay.  Vest has come off, and it seems as though there is fluid buildup in the nipples, not making them puffy like pre-op, but just not as nice as when the vest was on.  Did this/is this also happening to you?  I am assuming it is my body getting used to the vest being off and the long term healing process will be starting.  Just seeing if it's the same for you guys as well. The nipples seem to slightly "burn", but nothing bad.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
How is everyone doing??

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Well...as far as pecs I am 100% pleased.  Areolas have a bit of healing left.  The left areola is swollen at the botton and the nipple is somewhat indented, but  slowly this is going down.  The right areola is considerably more swollen and seems to resemble "puffy" but not near as bad obviously.  Being swollen more then the left nipple makes the areola area a bit bigger and I am not keen on this.  I keep putting icepacks on it to take the swelling down and putting Vitamin E cream on it etc.  Slowly but surely things are getting better.  I'm way more improved and with the shirt on it's 100 with a bit more swelling to go down when the shirt is off but that will come in time.  How about you?

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on the site for 2 and a half weeks, been hitting the gym pretty hard.

I have some concerns with the shape of my left nipple, it's kinda like over the years the fat/gyno made them droop a bit, and now the nipple is lower then where it should be and because of the dent from the scar it sorta folds over the dent and looks weird. I'll post pics when I got the time. Also the sensation is slowly coming back. Still have some discomfort in the nipples.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
I haven't had time to really update here sorry guys. The contour of my chest is really great, as for the feeling of wearing t-shirts even in this weather (of course indoors lol) is just like an everyday normal thing and convenient. My nipples just seem A BIT swollen, DOES NOT LOOK, but feels like it. But it's literally nothing I'm worried about. And it still appears that the scar tissue is still latched onto my pecs which makes the edge of the nipple craters in a bit when I flex and that's just my right nipple that does that, my left isn't as much. But nothing ugly even when I stretch my arms up. Mostly noticable when I'm sitting down, slouching and flexing my chest. Otherwise I'm happy, all I got to work on is getting big and slim up for next beach season no more paranoia!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024