Author Topic: Body smell  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
With our unique hormone levels seems to come changes in body odor as well. 

Have you ever noticed walking into a room and you can just smell the stronger musky testosterone odor on them?

I notice my natural odor is quite sweet but slightly fishy. The musky odor is something I just don't have. 

Anyone else?
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
Definitely noticed. It isn’t uncommon as one of the things noticed when hormones tilt in favor of pink rather than blue that body odor changes. Estrogen dominance causes a man to smell more sweet than sour or some just noticing they don’t have a general odor at all. 

My wife has noted in times past that she doesn’t mind when I don’t shower after a long run and don’t have time to wash up before leaving cause I don’t really smell or if I do a quick application of deodorant works just fine. I notice I don’t sweat as much as I used to and can often go hours in to the day before realizing I haven’t put any on yet. 

It wasn’t until a few weeks  ago when I got back in to weightlifting and less in to cardio that I noticed when a man or men was working out next to me that I could smell him. Fairly profound odor but not profane in any way. Just manly, musky. Kind of a thick smell but not bothersome 

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
Not to mention there is an age factor involved. I just learned recently about noneal odor.
The smell, which some people describe as slightly musty, has been identified by odor scientists as 2-nonenal. Detected exclusively in adults over 40, it can occur when degraded unsaturated fatty acids and oxidated lipids form on the skin, per a landmark April 2001 study in the ‌Journal of Investigative Dermatology‌.

I’m guessing that this in play with some of us also. 
I have noticed my scent has changed from a few weeks ago.

Regards, Bob

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗

Offline Gino

• Bronze Member
I def noticed changes in my odor. Early in the day it's like you said sweet but as the day wears on is lass sweet and not as pleasant. I find myself going to a restroom and using the handicapped stall to wash under my arms before my shirt and bra get wet. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
It is interesting how it effects sweat. I found it to become more difficult to sweat. When I could run a half mile and begin sweating usually and found I was not sweating till well after that. Same with general activities. Depending on age I wonder if sweating occurs more because the body is simulating menopause? 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I do find that at the end of the day my underarms have an “oniony” odor. Just thought it was because I like onions in my food.

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
It very well could be. Foods do effect scent. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I have very low testosterone and I have noticed a lot of changes over the last 2 years.  I noticed this past weekend that I did a lot of yard work with no deodorant on and my armpits had very little odor.  I was very surprised because I expected to smell terrible.
Redfox 🦊

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
I believe low testosterone and high estrogen causes the sweat glands to be less productive in this regard. It could be why it’s always said women don’t sweat, they glisten. Women’s scent is also known to be less present or more of a sweet scent. And could be why some of us may report a trend in to a more sweeter smell when sweating or going long durations without deodorant before realizing we never put any on cause we aren’t sweating as much as we would if our hormones were normal. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I believe low testosterone and high estrogen causes the sweat.  And could be why some of us may report a trend in to a more sweeter smell when sweating or going long durations without deodorant before realizing we never put any on cause we aren’t sweating as much as we would if our hormones were normal.
Biology of Estrogen and Testosterone is really fascinating.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I would sweat a lot in the past. Then when my hormone imbalance came along I would have really bad night sweats and severe hot flashes during the day.
Now I don’t sweat much at all. The night sweats are gone and hot flashes are few are far between now. 
After going through all that for 8 years or better it gave me a low libido, a healthy set of boobs and a much better mind set. What I mean by a better mind set is that when I was losing my testosterone at a alarming rate I went through severe depression and mood swings from one end of the spectrum to the other end. Now I’m calm and happy. My wife loves it and so do I👍

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
It’s funny how hormones affect the body in more ways than one. You think of a woman with high t and you think body hair where it shouldn’t. You think high e in men you think ED and boobs but what they don’t tell you is how it affects other systems as well dramatically, mentally, emotionally, physically. 
I used to sweat in bed easily and wake up hot. And workouts I’d notice I don’t sweat much. My wife would also ask if I’m wearing another deodorant cause after a long run and come home she’s remark that I smell different. Almost more sweet than sour. I thought she was nuts like ok you’re weird lol until I’d notice it too when changing and being next to other men who smelled the same but not same as me. 
When I got labs ran a couple months ago and it was told that I have Hypogonadism side effects detailed was “breast growth, ed, CHANGE IN BODY ODOR, body hair thinning…” and other things. I’d Google it more and find how estrogen elevation in men can certainly cause this change 

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
Like Gotboobs, and others said, that roller coaster ride was the worst thing that I have ever experienced mentally and emotionally. In a short period of time my testosterone levels bounced from 12 to 158 to 1 to 180 and then to zero. 
These values were for free T not total T.
The hot flashes would wipe out my hearing aid batteries often and like others my smell went from musky male to neutral. The sweating from hot flashes has been reduced remarkably with the addition of an estrogen patch, low dose, to prevent osteoporosis. Estrogen level recently tested was way below normal for an elder male. The dose has been increased to the next level of .025 from .014 mg per day. A repeat test is scheduled for late September, I hope this will help knock down the flash symptoms. 
As far as sweat goes, in workouts, not so much change and definitely not a lessening in hot yoga class 🤣.
My mental health state was highly variable 4 years ago but once the T levels dropped a calm and serene affect predominantly manifested. Came to find out that there is a’ eunuch calm’ that can take over. Wondered about this for a while until I had an orchiectomy last month. (MEN Syndrome) it’s here and I’m probably quite sure it’s real. And now it’s not going away 😳.
Testosterone was not considered due to multiple contraindications. 
Don’t know if I am sweeter now but I am in a sweet spot with my partner and life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024