Author Topic: Glandular Excision in Vancouver B.C.  (Read 2424 times)

Offline nipple_souffle

• Posting Member
Hello everybody.

My Gynecomastia consists exclusively of glandular tissue which results in the effect of "puffy nipples".  From what I've read, I'm under the impression that if I live in British Columbia, MSP covers the "excision" procedure which is needed to reduce the appearance of my puffy nipples. Is this correct?

I haven't visited my family doctor to ask him about all this because I dont have one! My gynecomastia has made me so self-concious to the point of avoiding doctors. I've heard that a proper doctor should be able to connect me with plastic surgeons who are willing to perform the excision operation covered by MSP.

My fear is to finally confide in a Dr. and take my shirt off etc etc.. and have him tell me he does not know of any doctors who can help me!!

I've e-mailed Dr.Mosher and Dr.Brown to see if they would be willing to perform the procedure and have yet to hear from them.

Is it just me, or does is seem like the more experienced and skilled Doctors avoid performing the excision procedure because they make less money in contrast to performing lipo?

I wish I had sufficient funds to visit Dr.Bermant in the U.S or maybe even Dr. Fielding in Toronto.

If anybody has any advice or words of wisdom and or experience please contact me! I would appreciate it tremendously.

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
hey man, well all I can say is that you should not worry about taking your shirt off before a doctor because he/she is there to help. Also, you should consult with at least 2 or 3 different plastic surgeons and get their opinions, see which you feel most comfortable with, which has the most experience etc. hope this helps

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024