Author Topic: Surgery...Mr. Levick - diary & PICTURES FINALLY ADDED! 4TH PAGE...  (Read 16443 times)

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Awesome !! Make sure u let us know how it goes :D and get some pics up too dude  ;D

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
I'm about 30 mins from taking the bandages off!

I'll post pics tomorrow!

SO NERVOUS AND EXCITED TO SEE THE RESULTS!
Surgery with Mr. Levick on Thursday 18th August 2011 - currently recovering!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
I'm about 30 mins from taking the bandages off!

I'll post pics tomorrow!

SO NERVOUS AND EXCITED TO SEE THE RESULTS!

Let us know what you think dude !!

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Wellllllllllllll....

I took the bandages off andddddddd......

I'M FLAT!  ;D ;D ;D

Little bit of swelling to my right side and a tiny bit on my left but I'M FLAT!!!

Got the compression vest on now and it's a lot comfier than I thought it would be - got it on the tightest loop too....

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Good luck with the recovery mate, I'll be following your thread.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Sweet, welcome to the pancake zone bro ;D

Get some pineapple and arnica down you and keep nice tight compression on your chest and that swelling will soon die down.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
The swelling on my right side is quite annoying, the compression vest is holding everything in place but can feel things moving about when I walk - that sounds dramatic but it isn't really!

Can't believe the difference, I'll put pictures on tomorrow when I get a sec.

Really hope this swelling goes down though, it's nowhere near the size of my previous moobs but I'm guessing you lot want to know everything and I'm fairly happy to oblige!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Sounds like a good result to me mate.
I would say the swelling is very normal at this time, will probably be excess fluid that will just be reabsorbed pretty soon.
Take it easy and get plenty of rest, make sure u sleep with ur head propped up above ur chest as this will aid fluid dispersion.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I'm about 4 months post op and my right hand side still has a small bit of swelling....nothing dramatic, but it's still there. It will probably blow up worse before it calms down, but don't stress, the gland is gone, the rest will calm down over the next 12 months. You can get rid of swelling with massage and melt away the scar tissue with jabs, so there is no reason to be stressing out because the gland is now in a bin and time will fix the rest for ya ;D

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
How long should I keep my compression vest on for?

Is two weeks about the norm?!

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Hi mate, Mr Levick told me to keep the compression vest on for 3 weeks 24/7 and then a further 3 weeks of night only.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Quick update!

Things are progressing quite well, and nearly all the bruising has gone!

It's beginning to get a bit lumpy on both sides (nothing too bad!)

The right side seems to still be quite swollen - at least I hope it's swelling! It's a bit disheartening really as the left hand side is pretty much completely flat...has anyone else experienced similar?!

I'm hoping it will go down with time, and in a way I think I'm being quite silly as it is so much better than it was...just need to keep reminding myself of that...

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Been trying on t-shirts tonight - it's nice that I don't have massive moobs anymore but can still clearly see something there...not gland as that has definitely gone - as I said before I just really hope it's swelling :(

Think I might be doing my gf's head in at the moment...

Sorry, just needed somewhere to vent...would appreciate some replies to be honest!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Mate I'm sure it will be swelling.
U're what 3 weeks post op, it isn't gonna be gland and I personally found scar tissue comes a bit later like 6 weeks post op or so.
Just keep compression on as much as you can and keep activity minimal and it will come down. Go and see Levick if u have any concerns though.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your reply mate.

I think I'm just over reacting, it's hard to get my head round the fact that the majority has gone - I still feel like they are there - I know there is a massive improvement but the RHS is just letting it down...

I might give Mr. Levick a call tomorrow though - I need to remember it's still massively early days...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024