Author Topic: my vest  (Read 5826 times)

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
hahaha I bet that made you feel a million bucks ^. My surgeon said I could shower the day after op which I didnt find a problem at all. The vest is only off for 10 minutes and it felt great to be clean after sweating so much. Im still in my vest for another 2 weeks... sigh. Its 30 degrees here and I tell ya, its annoying.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
....Im still in my vest for another 2 weeks... sigh. Its 30 degrees here and I tell ya, its annoying.

So how long will that be total?   I am feeling like 3 weeks TOTAL could be as far as I make it.  Tomorrow will be 2 weeks.  That leaves 2.5 weeks until I am off to Myrtle Beach for 4 days of golf.  The doctor said I would no-doubt be fine to go to MB and play, he said that at my 1-week post-op appointment.  I'd like to be out of the vest a week before I go so that I can get my full range of motion back and most of my strength.

What really sucks is that a few local golf courses opened TODAY and I can't go.   :(

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
Def stick to your doctors orders, I am going on 9 weeks post op and am still wearing the stage 2 vest 24/7 I wear it to work in the day hand wash it let it dry overnight and wear the stage 1 to bed, doc says it helps with the scars, not for swelling anymore but for the scars I think I will probaly wear it another 2 weeks and thats it pain in the ass but I am just being overly cautious, if it can help the scars less noticeable then it is worth it, but yeah both of the things are stinky fowl and even washing them doesn't really help.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
I totally ALMOST didn't wear my vest to work today.

The other day I reviewed my surgery literature from my doctor and it said that I should wear the vest for 3 weeks, day and night, after the surgery.  As of today, I am 17 days post-op.  So, not quite there yet but I feel really close.  My plan is to wear it today and tomorrow and see how I am feeling about it this weekend.

Lately, I have been taking it off for about 1.5 hours each night after dinner.  It gives me a chance to hand-wash it and dry it on LOW in the dryer.  But then, right back on and through the night.

However, yesterday...  I wore it to work and then some friends and I went in to the city for the night.  When I got home at 11:30 I was DYING to take it off.  So I ended up NOT wearing it to bed last night!  I still slept on my back but I felt GREAT!

All morning as I was getting ready for work I was debating whether or not to wear it today but I finally erred on the side of caution and recovery!  Just a few more days!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024